Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

on/off valve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cuthbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: on/off valve
    Posted: 19 February 2007 at 3:27pm
Is a Smart Parts HPA Preset On/ Off Valve a good thing to put on your tank or just a gimick?
Langside View Drop Down

One strike, language in link 2/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Langside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 3:28pm

I would say that it is good i have had 1 on all of mine.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 4:29pm
It isn't a bad thing at all. It's a good way to double up the safety of the marker and allows you to leave the tank on the marker without issue. You can even fill it while it's on the marker with no spike issue to be concerned of since the on/off cuts off the flow.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 4:50pm
I have to agree, an on/off is a nifty little thing to have.

very handy for not having to remove the tank every few games to fill it, especially if your playing all day
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
Cuthbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 10:52pm
I was just in the SpecOps forum and some guy said you need an aismith to install the Smartparts on/off valve. It looks to me that it's something you just screw on between your bottle and ASA. Did you have an airsmith install it?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 11:18pm

If this is what you are talking about, it just screws into your ASA and has the on-off valve right there. They're probably thinking of the on-tank On/Off Smart Valve CO2 Valve replacement kit.

______________EDIT_________________

This is one of the many reasons I don't visit PBN or Spec Ops, too many 'kids' that don't know what they're talking about. Trust me, either here, or the MCB forums are where you want to ask the serious questions.

Edited by tallen702 - 21 February 2007 at 11:19pm
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

If this is what you are talking about, it just screws into your ASA and has the on-off valve right there. They're probably thinking of the on-tank On/Off Smart Valve CO2 Valve replacement kit.

______________EDIT_________________

This is one of the many reasons I don't visit PBN or Spec Ops, too many 'kids' that don't know what they're talking about. Trust me, either here, or the MCB forums are where you want to ask the serious questions.

How much does one of those run and what is it called?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 12:24am
It's in the smart-parts online store for $19 under the "smart-valve" tab.

Link

It says it's for a preset HPA bottle, but it'll work for CO2 as well.
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 8:34am
Handy! i might just pick one up...
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
Cuthbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 11:33am
Thanks Tallen, what you said is what I suspected. You are also right about the advice given here as opposed to other forums. I'm ordering one today.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic