Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shadowdoma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowdoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 issues
    Posted: 11 February 2007 at 9:24pm

I just got my X7 and went to go play with it today.  First problem I ran into was that it was shooting hot.  I couldn't get it below 325-305 fps range.  I know it's probably just because it's new out of the box.  But the real issue was the amount of paint I was chopping.  I had read from a few other X7 owners on other forums that there were issues with the cyclone feeder chopping paint.  Is there something I can do about this?  Is this actually the problem?  Also, the paint I wasn't chopping was flying erratically.  Eventually I had to go back to using my tried and true 98C.

Any words of wisdom on how I can fix this before my next outting?

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 10:35pm
Well if your shooting that hot, I could see why it's chopping.

What where you running your gun on?
What type of paint did you use?
Weather conditions?
What do you have on your marker that not stock? Such as Regs/Stabs ect ect..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowdoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 6:14pm

Completely stock X7.  No add on items. 
20oz CO2
Weather was 60-65 degrees.
Using Diablo Formula 13 Paint.

Edited by Shadowdoma - 12 February 2007 at 6:16pm
SS-Fallschirm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS-Fallschirm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 4:11pm

I had the same problem with mine (ser 9..), although didnt break balls in the cyclone.  I put 4000 rnds. through it to break it in, no effect.  Purchased a Trinity A5 spring kit, used the lightest spring first, under full compression, wouldnt trip the sear.  Tried the next one up, shot 290 FPS with the velocity screw all the way in.  Half turn out, puts it around 300fps.  Im using 20 oz. Co2 with remote.

Hope this helps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowdoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2007 at 9:25am
I figured out what the problem was.  The barrel is picky about the paint you use.  It chops paint because it's much more narrow.  I had no paint in the cyclone feeder when I checked.  I need to mess with the spring because it does still shoot hot.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2007 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by SS-Fallschirm SS-Fallschirm wrote:

I had the same problem with mine (ser 9..), although didnt break balls in the cyclone.  I put 4000 rnds. through it to break it in, no effect.  Purchased a Trinity A5 spring kit, used the lightest spring first, under full compression, wouldnt trip the sear.  Tried the next one up, shot 290 FPS with the velocity screw all the way in.  Half turn out, puts it around 300fps.  Im using 20 oz. Co2 with remote.

Hope this helps.

Wow. Serial numer 9? Keep that until you're 40.

Shakespeare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakespeare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2007 at 9:34pm

Hi, I also have the exact same problem as described.

I couldn't get my A-5 tuned right, so I got my money back, and dropped a few bucks more and got the X7.

I needed it for today. And right out of the box, with a 20oz Co2 tank, and a wide range of paint, I noticed chopping. Thinking it might have been the stock barrel, I put my 16 inch sniper on it. I was still chopping so I know it wasn't the barrels. I also opened the hopper and noticed broken paint inside. And judging by the way the balls spiral out of the barrel in no continuous pattern, I was left to assume it was the velocity that was causing the problem here. I tightened the velocity screw all the way in, and looked into the end of the barrel to make sure it was and it was. But was still shooting them out way too fast.

I will try the above recommendation on getting the spring and see if that helps.

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jake

*Edit*

BTW I have no other mods, everything besides my 16 inch sniper is stock. And the weather conditions were about 55 degrees in SC. But everyone else on the field wasn't affected by the weather. I was completely murdered today, and it makes it look bad, seeing I have the best gun out there. I was slaughtered by Brass Eagles and other Wal-Mart brands.

Edited by Shakespeare - 18 February 2007 at 9:51pm
SS-Fallschirm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SS-Fallschirm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 9:54pm

SSOK:  I dont have number 9, 9.., couldnt remember the other two digits, ninehundred something?  Sorry for the confusion.

Im using the Hammerhead torpedo barrel, 14" with the 689 insert.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2007 at 11:32pm
Try contcating Tippmann on these velocity issues. They might require you to send the gun in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakespeare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 5:55am

I wish they would moderate these forums and post their support here.

It might be an easy fix.

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 2:25pm

"They" do.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakespeare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 8:32pm
"They" being Tippmann? Or "They" being regular moderators?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 10:31pm
Both, but as you can imagine with the Launch of the X-7 and supporting the extensive Tippmann line. Most Tippmann Techs dont have really the time to hop and cruise the boards.

They are usually pretty good about replying to emails within 48 hours. You can also call and speak with a Tippmann Factiry tech. I recomend calling since you get instant feedback and asses a problem quickly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakespeare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2007 at 8:48pm

Okay, I ordered the Trinity spring set, but they stuck me in back order for 2 weeks, so I figgured, hey, I'm replacing the spring anyway.

I took some cutters and took 2 coils off the stock spring.

And right away I noticed a difference. It was much much slower. In fact, I had to crank out the v-screw over half way out to get it at 285 fps.

Thanks for the tip on the spring.

Shalom,

Jake

clownshooter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Checking your underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 8:14pm
Just a note: paintballs are not fond of very high velocity. When you start shooting 310 to 325 fps the paintballs are going to act like wiffle balls. They will curve and fly all over. They do not have the mass to maintain stability at high velocity which averages about 310 fps and above.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 9:41am

Yeah, I chronoed at a scenario game a few weeks ago and I was shooting well over 350fps.

I simply cut the drive spring a little at a time, tweaked the velocity screw as much as I could, and its okay now.

I guess this is a more common problem than I thought it was.  

Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 8:29am
i guess tippmann overdid the drive spring on the X7 a little bit.
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy