Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

performance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: performance
    Posted: 06 February 2007 at 2:45pm
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but not to the game. I have a old spyder TL that I bought back in 2000. I think it is time for me to buy a new gun, and the A-5 looks like a good one to buy. My question is what are the best performance upgrades for an A-5, and best type of sight that I can buy for it? 

Edited by (V)ike - 06 February 2007 at 3:38pm
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 3:04pm

Welcome to the forum.

The A-5 is an excellent gun, particularly if you play woodsball.  But as for performance upgrades, that really depends on what type of performance you are looking for.

A new barrel is a good early upgrade - all your usual barrels apply, as well as the Flatline and Apex barrels for special uses.  A firepower upgrade is always nifty, and there are basically two:  RT or E-Grip. 

After that, it is really about the same upgrades as for other guns, in terms of drops/ASAs, tanks, regulators, etc.

It all depends on what type of "performance" you are looking for.

And then there are other upgrades - hoppers, sights, foregrips, and sundry cosmetic attachments.

Not sure what you mean by "scoop".

(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 3:45pm

That is good that it makes a good gun for woods. That is my favorite game. Iím looking for accuracy, distance, speed, and power. I donít care too much for the cosmetics. And I meant to say scope or sight not scoop. Anyways I was reading the post thing and it said that a red dot site is better then a scope, so what is a really good red dot sight? 

Edited by (V)ike - 06 February 2007 at 4:02pm
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 3:56pm
What do you mean by "power"?
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 4:34pm

A5 is a great woodsball gun with tons of upgrades. I would reccomend playing with the gun stock for a few games to get a feel for what you think you need to upgrade.

You're going to have to choose between accuracy and distance. Your straight barrels will give you accuracy, but the same distance throughout. Two barrels give you extra distance: the Flatline and the Apex. The latter being the more accurate imo. You're goign to lose accuracy the farther away your taget is due to more space for your balls to stray off course.

Speed. You have two options: the RT and the Egrip. The RT fires on the pull and release and can be "super" upgraded to throw ropes of paint. The Egrip gives you many options as to your firing mode and is tourney legal unlike the RT. Again, this is your choice as to which you like.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
michaela2z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaela2z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

Speed. You have two options: the RT and the Egrip. The RT fires on the pull and release and can be "super" upgraded to throw ropes of paint. The Egrip gives you many options as to your firing mode and is tourney legal unlike the RT. Again, this is your choice as to which you like.

Just to clarify the RT does not fire one the pull and release of the trigger, this is a mode on the Egrip where the board can be set to fire on the pull and release of the trigger called 'Response Mode'. The RT (response trigger) is essentially a piston the resets the trigger once it has been pulled. This means that if 'the sweet spot' can be achieved the finger can pull the trigger and the piston will return the tirgger and then without the finger movin the trigger is then pulled again. This is a really crap description of it but it was more to clear the fact that installin a RT does not give u a shot per pull and release of the trigger, this is a mode on the Egrip. I suggest u search exactly what an RT does as my description aint gr8 but it does allow high ROF especially with the super RT mod.

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 8:33pm
All I can say about the RT is "Sweetspot, baby!".

I'd suggest you go out and buy an A-5, (V)ike, then decide what upgrades you want. As said before, a new barrel is probably a good idea, and there are tons of upgrades available for the Tippmann series of markers.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 8:41pm

Just play with the gun stock to see what needs improvement, then upgrade.

I just love how sinister keeps on relaying the same false information about the R/T over and over. Maybe someone should PM him the real info.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 1:54pm

Is the flatline a good barrel?

Edited by (V)ike - 07 February 2007 at 1:54pm
MoNkeY Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 9:41pm

^ Yes....And no..... I'd suggest that you learn some more and  try one out before you purchase one.

Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 1:35pm

The flatline is good at getting more distance (better than any straight barrel) , but you lose accuracy , the trade off isnt worth it IMO .

FYI :

E-grip Response mode :

allows you to fire twice with each pull of the trigger , once when you depress the trigger , and again when you release the trigger .

RT or Response Trigger :

Fires one round when the trigger is depressed , and a small piston pushes out the trigger again , with some tuning and a delicate touch on the trigger , a high rate of fire can be achieved by your trigger finger "Bouncing" on the trigger , counteracting the momentary pressure that cylinder puts on the trigger . Also called "Sweetspotting"

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
Divine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 12:03am
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! i had my e trigger on my A-5 and never fully bothered to read the manual...(stupid me) to find out about the response mode. thats awesome!
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2007 at 12:17am

If you want a red dot sight like you asked earlier, I'd go with Tasco - although they tend to be more cosmetic than a help.

By the way I'd suggest the Apex if you want distance.

(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 7:12pm
Can you give me a link to the tasco red dot sight for the paintball guns?
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 11:02am
(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 1:56pm
They all say rifle scope, so will they fit for an A-5?
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 2:23pm
I'm pretty sure you want one that can fit a weaver rail.

I'm pretty sure these should work fine.

30mm

42mm

Edited by phil_stl - 13 February 2007 at 4:12pm
(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 3:04pm
The 30mm link is not working. And Do I have to buy the weaver rail seprate or does it come with the sight?

Edited by (V)ike - 13 February 2007 at 3:04pm
(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 3:22pm
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 4:10pm
The weaver rail is what is on top of your gun already. (I think the A-5 has weaver style as well).  Both guns have ridges sticking out of the top of the marker this is the rail.

If you want that type you can get them at a local store I'm sure.  I'd refer you to Canadian Tire but you're american so a store that sells outdoor goods and has a hunting section (even walmart might have it) should have a red dot sight like the one you showed me.

Edit-- the 30mm link should work now.

Edited by phil_stl - 13 February 2007 at 4:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic