Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

performance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 4:14pm
The rails on the A-5 are not Weaver rails, and most Weaver attachments will not fit.  The A-5 has two sizes of dovetail rails.  Almost any rail attachment OTHER than Weaver/Picatinny will fit the A-5.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

The weaver rail is what is on top of your gun already. (I think the A-5 has weaver style as well).  Both guns have ridges sticking out of the top of the marker this is the rail.

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

The rails on the A-5 are not Weaver rails, and most Weaver attachments will not fit.  The A-5 has two sizes of dovetail rails.  Almost any rail attachment OTHER than Weaver/Picatinny will fit the A-5.

Clark is correct. A weaver rail looks like this:

Edited by Mack - 13 February 2007 at 4:20pm
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Okay I wasn't sure thanks for clarifying that.
(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 10:21am

Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

I'm pretty sure you want one that can fit a weaver rail.

I'm pretty sure these should work fine.

30mm

42mm

Will they fit on the A-5?

jamminrod View Drop Down

Strike 1 - blatant advertizing 2/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamminrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 10:33am
check out my other post about the Rampage boards that are coming.
TippmannsRkool9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannsRkool9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 7:53pm
Get an A-5 with a R/T and E-grip as well as a sight rail and flatline barrel, that setup should give you good performances.
Tippmanns are cool like Dye's are expensive, and JT Protiums are great markers too!
(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2007 at 9:36pm

Originally posted by TippmannsRkool9 TippmannsRkool9 wrote:

Get an A-5 with a R/T and E-grip as well as a sight rail and flatline barrel, that setup should give you good performances.

What is a R/T? Thats not a Response trigger is it?

(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 9:30am
Can somegive me a link that can tell me what a R/T is?
"There are those who said this day will never come. What are they to say now?" -Halo 2
Langside View Drop Down

One strike, language in link 2/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Langside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 2:25pm

RT is a ResponseTrigger

(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 4:08pm

Originally posted by Langside Langside wrote:

RT is a ResponseTrigger

Thats what I thought, but I've seen it wretten two diffrent ways so I wasn't sure. RT or R/T = the same thing. The past few weeks is the first time I hear about RTs, E-Grips, and all of those other things. When I bought my spyder tl 7 years ago the only upgrades I new were double triggers. I don't think that they had all those upgrades back then and I was only 14 then, and I just wanted the gun. Now that I want a new gun. I want to make sure of all the upgradable options I have. Thank you people for all your patents with me. I know that I driving some of you people crazy.

Originally posted by TippmannsRkool9 TippmannsRkool9 wrote:

Get an A-5 with R/T and E-grip as well as a sight rail and flatline barrel, that set up should give you good performances.

It's possible to have a RT and a e-grip on the same gun? I thought that you can only have one or the other.

Edited by (V)ike - 20 February 2007 at 4:17pm
"There are those who said this day will never come. What are they to say now?" -Halo 2
Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 1:29pm

They had other upgrades back then for spyders. (barrels, electronic sear trigger frame....SPRINT frames?, regulators, expansion chambers, etc).

Sights are stupid, you wear a mask and shoot 100 feet away, what could possibly be aiming at so carefully?

Scopes are stupider... the magnify things from far away, so they are easier to shoot, you are playing within 100 feet of other players, in addition you were a mask, you can't put your eye u to a scope then...pretty darn silly.

Flatline and Apex Barrels: They increase range, but decrease accuracy, in addition the they are also less likely to break at the increased range, due to the fact that they are traveling at a slower speed.

If youy must get one, the Apex is better. The flatline is apparently a pain to install and then you are stuck with it unless you wanna go through a big process to remove it (I am not sure, I won't use 1). The Apex can just be removed like a normal barrel.

You are probably better off just getting a regular aftermarket barrel like a Lapco bigshot, or if you really want to go crazy get an Evil Pipe Kit.

2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 9:40am

Originally posted by Commander_Cool Commander_Cool wrote:

Flatline and Apex Barrels: They increase range, but decrease accuracy, in addition the they are also less likely to break at the increased range, due to the fact that they are traveling at a slower speed.

I know someone that used a flatline barrel and he told me that it is accurate evan at long destinces. 

Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 9:58am
They can be, but the flatline is REALLY picky about paint... the only pant i used that didnt give me tons of breaks in a flatline was diablo hellfire and those cost me 90 bucks a case...

they can be accurate at long range, but its much less likely, since you have to hold your gun perfectly upright or your ball will curve...

(this has been used to  cuvre the ball around objects and hit people who thot they were hiding... its pretty kool)

98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
paintballinbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 12:32pm
you can't use an e-grip and response trigger together. its either one or the other...

and about the flatline issue: i've used several types of paint, from PMI Marballizers and Premium $60-$70+ per case, down to this crappy "heavy metal" paint that my brother-in-law got me for christmas a year ago. the biggest key is the paintball's size. it needs to take small-bore paint, and can't handle even medium-bore, they'll just break in the barrel. if you can put a ball in the barrel, and it rolls out without too much trouble (maybe blow down the barrel a little bit), then you're golden. otherwise, the paint is probably too big.
98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.
(V)ike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (V)ike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2007 at 1:07pm

Originally posted by paintballinbill paintballinbill wrote:

you can't use an e-grip and response trigger together. its either one or the other...

and about the flatline issue: i've used several types of paint, from PMI Marballizers and Premium $60-$70+ per case, down to this crappy "heavy metal" paint that my brother-in-law got me for christmas a year ago. the biggest key is the paintball's size. it needs to take small-bore paint, and can't handle even medium-bore, they'll just break in the barrel. if you can put a ball in the barrel, and it rolls out without too much trouble (maybe blow down the barrel a little bit), then you're golden. otherwise, the paint is probably too big.

Thats what I thought. I rather have an E-Grip. I Thought that the best balls for the flatline were medium.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic