FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ouchies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 3:26pm
Bonus balling and maliciously bonus balling are two different things.

I get bonus balled because I run my mouth off before games against my friends, or because I cheat in practice and the ref doesn't see it but the person that shot me does.

But none of those people ever do it to cause extensive pain. Shadowminion says that he will or does, so me and every other cheater > him.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 6:29pm
im going to keep out of the realm of tourney-ball for the purposes of this conversation, cause I don't know enough about it.

in terms of rec-ball however, I can't forgive it. How many rec fields rent markers capable of firing 15 BPS? how many new players CAN fire 15 BPS if given the proper marker to do so? obviously enough, not many. so, wiping is going to do two things if hit by them.

A) Deprive them of that hit on you which usually serves as a great confidence booster to a renter who may be playing for their first time.

B) It may turn said first timer off of the game simply because of the frustration that is likely to entail.

The reason I talked about the speed and accuracy with which they can fire is because arguably the easiest thing a player can do to cut down (succesful) wiping is to land multiple shots on a target at once. I've never in my experience seen a new player succesfully do that. Wiping against them is essentially a free ticket to play on the entire game if you so desire.

Your wiping at a rec field, if caught, is usually not punished by more than 1 or 2 rounds sat out on your first noticed offense. After that it gets harsher, but even then you can always come back the next weekend and odds are the ref has forgotten.

Now this may be pretty specific (in terms of dealing mostly with new players against long time players), but its a valid argument in my mind at least.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic