Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’03 cocker question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lone_Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone_Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’03 cocker question
    Posted: 11 January 2007 at 1:34pm
Hey folks. I've been here a while, and have been a tippmann user a long, long time. I recently picked up an '03 autococker that I know next to nothing about.

My question is, am I able to use it with Co2? I understand the advantages of compressed air, but I do not own a comp air tank. In order to use this piece do I need to find one? or am I able to use Co2 without frying the daylights out of my o-rings and innards?

Thanks.
Push your limits hard enough, and you'll find you don't have any.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 2:19pm
Yeah, 'cockers are still mech markers that run off the standard nelson-valve system. The issue you will find, however, is that if your inline reg isn't really really good at keeping CO2 out of the marker, you'll blow your lp lines on the front pneumatics. Otherwise, you're fine. Invest in a good reg (palmer's stabilizer) or an hpa tank to keep everything kosher.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
AngelSlayer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 2:47pm
as he said, it is co2 safe, but an anti-siphon straw would be a good investment and possibly a safer reg if you dont wanna go compressed air. i havent been keeping up, but they used to be less than $10

to get it to run completely problem free on co2, you're spending $5-10 per tank t get an anti-siphon tube, and if you go get a solid co2 safe reg (palmers stabilizer) you're gonna end up spending a good amount of money, last time i checked was a while ago, but a stabilizer is $80-100. so its not a big price jump to go compressed air and not worry as much

Edited by AngelSlayer - 11 January 2007 at 2:52pm

Hey, Pate, it does feel good to be a gangster.
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 3:11pm
3000psi aluminum tank is less than the palmers. Search online for a good deal. I've seen some places as cheap as $49.95.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 4:20pm
cockers use a sheridan based valve not a nelson based valve...

anyways they say cockers can be run on co2 but i have an o2 cocker and even with an anti siphon kit it freezes up... i would invest in a hpa tank if you want a cocker.

edit: or get a MUCH older cocker 96-98 would probly do alot better on co2 than a 2k+ cocker

Edited by merc - 11 January 2007 at 4:21pm
saving the world, one warship at a time.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 6:41pm
Yeah, you can run CO2, just make sure you are able to keep as much out as you can, whether that means using an anti-siphon valve on your tank an/or buying a good reg like a Palmer's male Stablilizer.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic