FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

iPhone (thing)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Boss_DJ Boss_DJ wrote:

Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

what happens if your on the phone and your cheek touches the screen? its touch sensitive, so isnt it possible the skin on your face could mess with it?

No, there is something in the sensors that knows when you have the phone up to your face, disabling the touch feature.

im intrigued...hows it know?!

Several gnomes inside the phone turn the touch screen off.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Roll Tide Roll Tide wrote:

Originally posted by Boss_DJ Boss_DJ wrote:

Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

what happens if your on the phone and your cheek touches the screen? its touch sensitive, so isnt it possible the skin on your face could mess with it?

No, there is something in the sensors that knows when you have the phone up to your face, disabling the touch feature.

im intrigued...hows it know?!

Several gnomes inside the phone turn the touch screen off.

Agreed!
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 10:42pm
The auto-off feature on the screen is innovative, and I am sure it will be helpful for some people - but I have  been using touchscreen phones for years, and not once have I had a button get pushed accidentally while talking.  Maybe others have had different experiences.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

The auto-off feature on the screen is innovative, and I am sure it will be helpful for some people - but I have  been using touchscreen phones for years, and not once have I had a button get pushed accidentally while talking.  Maybe others have had different experiences.

Most touch screen phones have buttons spread apart so when the face hits it, it doesn't push any of the buttons.
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2007 at 4:37pm
The only downside to the new iPhone that I know of is that it smells like hackey sack.

/Penny arcade quote for the ages
RLTW
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 12:42am
Good call Flim.....she's dead.
RLTW
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 1:06am

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

I open the calander on my treo with my face sometimes...not a big deal though...

Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 1:04pm
the only problem, is you wont be able to buy the phone at circuit city and then go use it at bell, or rogers, or w/e the american phone companies are because the chip is different for each service provider, so if your phone company doesnt offer it then your s.o.l.
Canadians do it on top.
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:

the only problem, is you wont be able to buy the phone at circuit city and then go use it at bell, or rogers, or w/e the american phone companies are because the chip is different for each service provider, so if your phone company doesnt offer it then your s.o.l.

No, it is a GSM phone. If you have a SIM card it will work.
Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 1:47pm

oh this i did not know, i stand corrected.
Canadians do it on top.
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 6:10pm

Unless it's still locked, which is likely.

As for pushing the screen with your face, current PDA-phones MOSTLY have recessed screens.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2007 at 6:22pm
I just notice they're gonna have the Safari browser on it...That's awesome...That's what really needs to be worked out with mobile devices now days: mobile web browsers.....pIE sucks, Opera is pretty good but it costs 25 bucks, and the Mozilla Minimo Project is dead....So Windows Mobile users basically only have one free option and a pay option....If they can make Safari mobile(I hear they're bringing it to Windows too), why can't someone do that with Firefox? Windows Mobile must be hell to code for, cause the mobile apps out there really leave much to be desired, especially the free ones....

Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Hairball!!! Hairball!!! wrote:

Unless it's still locked, which is likely.

As for pushing the screen with your face, current PDA-phones MOSTLY have recessed screens.

What does "locked" really mean? I have had unlocked phones, but do they come from the factory unlocked, or does someone do it?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2007 at 1:54am

I pointed out the sim slot on the second page. Oh well I want the phone but don't have the money or a job.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic