FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

iPhone (thing)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 10:07pm
Also, no expandable storage.
Gee, that's convenient.
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Gee, that's convenient.

Well isn't 8 gigs enough, I mean come on has any ipod had expandable storage.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

I also note how it is referred to as an "iPhone" - doesn't Cisco already have dibs on that name?

Good Call, Clark.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

I also note how it is referred to as an "iPhone" - doesn't Cisco already have dibs on that name?

Good Call, Clark.

Last I heard apple worked out some type of deal for the name.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 12:14am
Originally posted by kickinwing2010 kickinwing2010 wrote:

Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Good Call, Clark.

Last I heard apple worked out some type of deal for the name.

Nope. Apple's gettin sueddddd.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 12:58am
Hrmm, trying to steal rights to something they don't own, sounds familiar  . . . . 

Edited by Darur - 11 January 2007 at 12:58am
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Hrmm, trying to steal rights to something they don't own, sounds familiar . . . .

If you mean apple doing it...what?
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 1:08am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Hrmm, trying to steal rights to something they don't own, sounds familiar . . . .

Many mac and linux users I know hate MS because they steal ideas or swindle and buy out competition and heres apple doing it, found it ironic.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 1:10am

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Many mac and linux users I know hate MS because they steal ideas or swindle and buy out competition and heres apple doing it, found it ironic.

Its just a name, so no.

Point failed.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Its just a name, so no.

Point failed.

Its the spirit behind the suit I'm referring to, not the actual act.  They knew they were taking it without permission but did so anyway. 
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 1:16am

Gee, that's convenient.
Um, for a device that seems to have video as a primary concern, no, 8 gigs is not enough.

Also, except the mini's and nanos, Ipods are mostly 15(old)+ gigs, and aimed mostly at music (the video ipod wasn't 'reall'y for video, even jobs admitted it).
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 1:18am

Gee, that's convenient.
Um, for a device that seems to have video as a primary concern, no, 8 gigs is not enough.

Also, except the mini's and nanos, Ipods are mostly 15(old)+ gigs, and aimed mostly at music (the video ipod wasn't 'reall'y for video, even jobs admitted it).

Video isnt the primary concern for this device. Sure, its a full screen device, but thats for the overall GUI. Phone, music, and web apps are more of the focus.
98cboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98cboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 2:52pm
Barrel Break has a good point that's why i was sorta thinking waiting till they come out with newer one with more gb's.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 6:49pm
Honestly i have a one gig memory stick in my psp and i can fit the full movie accepted on it plus all the game saves I need and like 40 songs. So you could fit like 4 movies plus 160 songs on it which is all i need. Also do any of us really know it's still five months until launch lots of stuff could change and we also shouldn't be making assumptions when we haven't got our hands on one.
98cboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98cboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 7:15pm
Yahh but i was hoping for 20gb at least i like to watch movies a lot and 8gb wouldn't justify my paying $600 and getting a new plan. I was going to pick up a video ipod just cause it's probably cheapest video mp3 player that has a decent screen size and good amount of storage then i heard that a new one was coming out. I was just hoping for the regular touchscreen ipod without the smart phone integration i def. like how the integrated the phone because now you can keep your ipod/phone all in one but i wished they make a larger amount of storage for the iphone and give it a decent price. But if they can do that i only have one last thing to ask apple "Game system maybe preferably hand held?"
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 8:49pm
what happens if your on the phone and your cheek touches the screen? its touch sensitive, so isnt it possible the skin on your face could mess with it?
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

what happens if your on the phone and your cheek touches the screen? its touch sensitive, so isnt it possible the skin on your face could mess with it?

No, there is something in the sensors that knows when you have the phone up to your face, disabling the touch feature.
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

No, there is something in the sensors that knows when you have the phone up to your face, disabling the touch feature.

im intrigued...hows it know?!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Boss_DJ Boss_DJ wrote:

Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

im intrigued...hows it know?!

Leet hax
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2007 at 9:32pm
Also, scratch/smudge magnet?

I'm not trying to be a downer, it's still got the slickest interface/design evar.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic