Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

iPhone (thing)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
98cboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98cboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 5:30pm
Do you think they'll put the iphone on a pay as you go plan i don't want to switch networks but i could just get it as pay as you go idk it seems it would be easier for me and i don't care what i have to do I'm getting the iphone. 
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by 98cboy 98cboy wrote:

Do you think they'll put the iphone on a pay as you go plan i don't want to switch networks but i could just get it as pay as you go idk it seems it would be easier for me and i don't care what i have to do I'm getting the iphone. 

Never heard of a smartphone on pay-as-you-go plan. I think the pricetag on the iPhone is $500-$600. Not sure though.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
98cboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98cboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 5:37pm
Yahh i heard the 4gb was $500 and the 8gb was $600
I  soooo hope they put it on pay as you go why did i have to get verizon.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 5:46pm
:( That's expensive. I don't know if I can justify that... And, cingular doesn't suck. It is the best service I've seen.

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 6:00pm
Apple stock is up $5.

This has been a good day for me.

Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 6:37pm
It's going on 12000 Diggs and 1200 comments. I'm not sure what the all-time record is, but I'm guessing it gets broken real soon (or has already been).

I still wish there was a hard drive version.

Edited by Jack Carver - 09 January 2007 at 6:38pm
glazener24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 6:38pm

Originally posted by Roll Tide Roll Tide wrote:

Originally posted by 98cboy 98cboy wrote:

Never heard of a smartphone on pay-as-you-go plan. I think the pricetag on the iPhone is $500-$600. Not sure though.

Damn, I was planning on getting one, but not for that price.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Clark - For people who need something like that thats windows compatible, the Palm Treo has been out for a few years, it runs Windows Mobile.

I am a big Windows Mobile fan. I have looked at the Treo - definitely last year's news. If you are looking for a new/cool WM device, the Cingular 8525 is the newest/hottest thing, as well as the Blackjack and Q, depending on your preferred keyboard layout.

But otherwise I agree - this iPhone is nifty due to the large storage amount and overall sexiness, but otherwise strictly "meh". Without a keyboard, it will never go beyond personal users. Seems like it will mostly compete with iPods.

Again. Has. A. Keyboard.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Clark - For people who need something like that thats windows compatible, the Palm Treo has been out for a few years, it runs Windows Mobile.

I am a big Windows Mobile fan. I have looked at the Treo - definitely last year's news. If you are looking for a new/cool WM device, the Cingular 8525 is the newest/hottest thing, as well as the Blackjack and Q, depending on your preferred keyboard layout.

But otherwise I agree - this iPhone is nifty due to the large storage amount and overall sexiness, but otherwise strictly "meh". Without a keyboard, it will never go beyond personal users. Seems like it will mostly compete with iPods.

Again. Has. A. Keyboard.

But what about if you want a keyboard? I hear it does not have a keyboard.

dmp4892. View Drop Down
guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 6:50pm
Wooo. I have Cingular.
Hopefully this phone won't be out for a while, since I just got a new phone for Christmas.
My biggest concern is how much it's going to cost.
It isn't going to be cheap, that's for damn sure.
<FOUR MEGS for a sig? Are you kidding me?!>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by dmp4892. dmp4892. wrote:

Wooo. I have Cingular.Hopefully this phone won't be out for a while, since I just got a new phone for Christmas.My biggest concern is how much it's going to cost. It isn't going to be cheap, that's for damn sure.

Out in June.

I dont know whale, I hear there IS a keyboard. Only one core though probably
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I dont know whale, I hear there IS a keyboard. Only one core though probably

Well it is Mac, so...
One world. NO GAMES.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 6:55pm
I wonder if I could boot the Zune os on it
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 7:01pm
I don't know if you guys noticed but it has a sim card slot which is what you use when you want to use one companies phone on another service. So I am hoping and praying i will be able to use it with sprint.

OMG....I almost forgot to say the IPHONE (and yes it does deserve capital letters) is absolutely awesome.

Edited by kickinwing2010 - 09 January 2007 at 7:02pm
Savage93fvss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage93fvss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 8:07pm

Your worthless^^^

I have an Ipod, and a pretty nice phone. It's not a big deal to carry both. It does look cool though.

98cboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98cboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 8:30pm
So there was talk about just a ipod video touchscreen do you think they'll make one now or just leave it integrated with the iphone. I sorta hope they do cause the iphone doesn't have that much storage.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 8:39pm
/Splode

Just saw it on Digg (been at school). My god, except for the prohibitive price, I am in awe.
Then again, my D807 alone was $200...

That is the slickest product I've seen in... ever.

EDIT: Okay, other potential downside, G2, no G3 access.

EDIT: Also, no SDK announced, so that would mean it's just a feature rich phone, not a true platform.

Edited by BARREL BREAK - 09 January 2007 at 9:13pm
RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 8:52pm
Looks pretty cool but the price tag is going to be way out of my budget
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Savage93fvss Savage93fvss wrote:

Your worthless^^^

I have an Ipod, and a pretty nice phone. It's not a big deal to carry both. It does look cool though.

So i'm worthless because I pointed out something most people didn't notice. Last time i checked that was helpful not worthless.
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 9:43pm
that is like amazing. price is steep, but thats is like OMGZORS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic