Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2 a-5 problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
teamsouth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teamsouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 a-5 problems
    Posted: 31 December 2006 at 2:51pm

i have 3 a-5's set up identical. 1 shoots great the other 2 make soup and i cant figure it out. heres what donr to them

cyclone mods:

velocity mod and lightning mod

was boards

qev's

e grip(obviously)

jcs double trgger

polished internals

madman spring kist

updated rear bolt

high pressure reg (palmer)

for the life of me i cant figure out what is going on with these 2 guns

any help appreciated

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 2:56pm
Need more info.
teamsouth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teamsouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 3:08pm

put air into it and just sprays out broken paint. cyclone is full of paint and so is the internals. hpr on 1 gun is @ 600 the other is @ 800 and they both have been at every pressure in between. once in a while theyll shoot 5-10 good balls and then break the next 20.  Im jut disgusted with this.

Chris

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 3:22pm
Using CO2 or HPA?
teamsouth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teamsouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 5:42pm

4500 psi hpa..and come to mention that it goes through air like there is no tomorrow..and it doesnt leak anywhere

by the way thanks for the help so far

Edited by teamsouth - 31 December 2006 at 5:52pm
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 9:25pm
Well, without LPK's they're going to go through a ton of air no matter what you do, until you lower the operating pressure, they're going to eat it up faster than an un-modded Matrix.

It sounds like you are definitely chopping paint if it's all the way up in the feeder. I'd take a look and make sure that the cyclone is syncing up with the rest of the firing cycle of the A-5. That's about the only thing I can think of outside of either shooting crappy paint or it being too cold outside and it's breaking because it is brittle.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
teamsouth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teamsouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 5:20pm
Ok..Not to sound totally stupid, but how am i going to check that it is sync with the rest of the mechanism?
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 5:52pm
take off the hopper, fire the marker without any paint in it (take the barrel off as well so you get more light in the chamber) and watch the cyclone feeder and the bolt through the feeder itself. This way you can see if the feeder is feeding at approximately the same time and rate. OR you can buy some re-ball (rubber .68 cal balls) turn down your velocity so you don't put a hole through a pillow or something, and see if you have any issues, if the cyclone and the bolt aren't synced and you are indeed chopping paint, then the marker will jam when it hits the re-ball.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
teamsouth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teamsouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 6:56pm

ill have to give it a try..its killin me that 2 guns dont shoot for sh...........it and 1 is awsome

Now lets say its not in sync.. Guess ill be going for a new cyclone?

Or lets say the opposite..it is in sync.. then what to?

thanks for the help

Edited by teamsouth - 02 January 2007 at 7:24pm
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 4:01pm

Tallen has a good idea there. It sounds like something with your cyclone take off the QEVs for a little while and see if it makes a difference

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic