FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a-5 ebolt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 4:12am
when you finish, call it the Fippmann.
X
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 10:47pm
Glue is not going to hold it...it needs to move a bit in the hole in the hammer. Sounds like it needs to be longer where it fits into the hole in the hammer.
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 11:15pm
Are you putting it in the correct hole? There is one for the set screw and one for the linkage arm.
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:26pm

Originally posted by karll karll wrote:

Are you putting it in the correct hole? There is one for the set screw and one for the linkage arm.

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. These are stock parts, correct? The A-5 and  98C (and 98 for that matter) share close enough (exact?) dimensions in these parts that this rod disengagement is puzzling.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 8:31pm

nope, putting it in the whole

I believe I figured out and fized the problem

I had removed the bolt (the one that you use to cock it), this left a gap up top that I was unaware of. When a ball jammed (I was shooting really fast, and had to use the rip drive on my halo) It sent the linkage arm up and disconnected it. I believe the problem is fixed now but I am unable to test as i'm out of air... probably get more tomorrow.

... only thing is that I am missing one of the fireld strip pins, so I don't want to do any heavy testing until I either find it or find a bolt or something to go in it's place. Does anyone know if those things can be bought at hardware stores?

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

... only thing is that I am missing one of the fireld strip pins, so I don't want to do any heavy testing until I either find it or find a bolt or something to go in it's place. Does anyone know if those things can be bought at hardware stores?

I have not be able to find them at any local harware store...not even in McMaster-Carr. I had to order one from TippmannParts.com...very expensive.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic