FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saddam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

they issued that over 30 days ago....they're never going to actually do it
Um no, it was news this morning

it may have been mentioned on the news this morning but it was determined that it would done like that within 30 days at least a month ago, i remember hearing about it on the radio

He still had the legal right to an appeal. I believe that upon the verdict of the appeal, the thirty days start, assuming the appeal is lost (which it was).

Apparently no, its set in stone. Other things dont matter, he'd going to hang.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 12:12am
is it public hanging?
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 12:42am

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

they issued that over 30 days ago....they're never going to actually do it
Um no, it was news this morning

it may have been mentioned on the news this morning but it was determined that it would done like that within 30 days at least a month ago, i remember hearing about it on the radio

He still had the legal right to an appeal. I believe that upon the verdict of the appeal, the thirty days start, assuming the appeal is lost (which it was).

Apparently no, its set in stone. Other things dont matter, he'd going to hang.

No Choop, he did in fact appeal his conviction, and the appeal was refused, hence the new article about his impending execution.
The initial conviction was not set in stone in any legal sense- though we all knew the outcome.

Now, you're correct in that this was his LAST (And I believe only) appeal.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Wubadoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wubadoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 12:53am

i don't feel we should hang him, rather gather up all of the people that he ever harmed or the remaining family members of the people he killed and let them do one thing to him that is non lethal, after that we put what is left of him in front of a firing range and let the vets of both persian gulf conflicts the job

Wubadoo
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I still don't favor death sentences.

It's all pretty pointless, IMO. The world isn't going to be any better with Saddam dead. Life isn't going to be any different for the Iraqi's or anyone else for that matter. Punishing violence with more violence doesn't solve problems, if anything it makes them worse. I wish more people could see that. I find it ironic at best that so many Christians in the U.S. are in favor of the death penalty when it clearly goes against the teachings of Christianity. I guess this is all another discussion for another time though.

Like I said a few posts ago, it's not going to solve anything it's just a way to get him out of the picture and done with so no one will have to worry about him.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 11:35am
I really don't think it's a good thing from a stability standpoint. No one over there is fighting to put him back in power, he's been out of the picture since we invaded, Saddam isn't the cause of the instability of Iraq at the moment, if he were to sit in a prison cell and rot, Soviet-style, it would be better. All that the court system over there is doing is making him a potential martyr which the insurgency can then use to their own benefit. They'll say that it was an unjust trial, influenced or completely orchestrated by western powers, and thus corrupt in the eyes of Muslims in other countries or who have sympathetic feelings for the insurgency. You don't see anyone except the hard-line Baath party supporters marching around with his picture, even then, there are far more burning pictures of him whenever some news is leaked from the courts. All this will give the extremists is another martyr to march behind, another "great warrior in the name of Islam" who fought the corrupt, great Satan that is America. His hanging will merely be another rallying point for extremists in the region.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I think Iran will look favorably on the new Iraqi government for doing this thing alone. Kuwait will also be more apt to lend assistance to a re-born Iraq when the butcher of Baghdad is cold and in the ground.

Syria will continue to let insurgents into their country to take refuge, and will probably step up their presence once this happens. I can foresee Jordan and Egypt also issuing statements condemning the act though they won't lend any more support than moral support. It's a tricky situation, and I really do feel that Saddam spending the rest of his days lying on a cold concrete cell floor with nothing but bread, water, and lice for sustenance and company would be the more stable way to handle the situation. Nobody is coming for him, nobody wants him in power anymore. He's out of the way and the opposition have found new leaders to stand behind. Saddam is worth more alive than dead.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 6:49pm
UPDATE*

Saddam will hang by Sunday, no exceptions.

Talk about speeding it up a bit.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 8:36pm
I herd on the news he wanted to be killed via firing range. Im still supraised its a hanging...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

UPDATE*Saddam will hang by Sunday, no exceptions.Talk about speeding it up a bit.

just a lil bit
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

I herd on the news he wanted to be killed via firing range.
Im still supraised its a hanging...

They won't honor that request, death by firing squad is seen as a more
honorable way to die in many people's eyes, it is, after all, the usual
method to deal with capital punishment in the military. Death by hanging
by the neck is something that happens to common criminals, not your
average dictator. The last major hangings to take place in world history
were of those condemned to death at the Nuremburg trials. They too
were given the method used for the murderers they were.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 10:00pm
His death may cause a little bit of an uprising but i dont think it will be bad, of corse you never know.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 11:27am
Off him before new years, eh? Makes sense I suppose.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 1:50pm

Looks like this Saturday  may be the day..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061229/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 4:26pm

Yeah, hanging. They're keeping it hush hush, so people likely wont know where, or when it takes place until after the fact.
and thats a smart thing to do.
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I want to see it.
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 5:36pm
kinda off topic, but we hada  debate last week on should we keep the death penalty, and i said yes. one of the arguments, i kid you not, the other kid said "the death penalty is inhumane-its better for them to rot in a prison cell". lol this just reminded me of that lol. but i just heard on the news hes being hanged tonight, which is early morning iraq time.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 5:47pm
Yahoo says possibly within hours
skh711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skh711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 5:48pm
Setup:
Tippmann 98 Custom
E-bolt
14" All-American Barrel
12v Revvy
Double Trigger
68/3000 Pure Energy tank
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 5:48pm
6AM Iraqi Time.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 9:38pm
in about 15 min say good bye to ol saddam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic