Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Was I Ripped Off?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lilsully4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilsully4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was I Ripped Off?
    Posted: 26 December 2006 at 7:36pm
I recently went to GameStop to sell my Gamecube and other games.  I turned in my game and the system and the guy said he was going to check out if it was ok, he checked it out then said he would buy it.  I said great and he said it would take a little while because he had to do something else.  So I walked around the store.  I saw that a used Gamecube went for 50$ so I didn't think I would get that much for it but...  So I went back and got the gift card and looked at the receipt and looked for what I got for my system, 20 bucks!  Do you think I was ripped off or would you think that would be a o.k. price for what I sold?  Comments Please

Edited by lilsully4 - 26 December 2006 at 7:37pm
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 7:41pm
I've seen them for like 30-60 on eBay.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 7:42pm
You think they are going to sell them for the same price they buy them for?
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 7:43pm

ya, they give you almost nothing for stuff like that

I brought in a couple ps2 games, they would only give me 5 bux for them, but i saw the same game being sold (used) for 20, so they have like 400% mark up, so i said Eff that

<1 meg sig = bad>
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 7:44pm

I was thinking about selling it back to them, but they don't really want them so they are going to buy them cheap. I would say just keep it for having at another place or another room so you don't have to carry a new system everywhere.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 7:44pm
do what i did with my n64,but it on craigslist.
lilsully4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilsully4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 7:46pm

Originally posted by youm0nt youm0nt wrote:

do what i did with my n64,but it on craigslist.

I was thinking of selling that too...ha ha

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 9:47pm
You get ripped off all the time at gamestop/ EB Games. You get a tiny chunk of what they re-sell your crap for. Dont be lazy, sell your stuff yourself if you need money. We bought the gamecube for our apartment for well under $100 CDN, theres no way we'd get that much trading it in again.
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 10:58pm
Gamecube and a used PS2 are selling for around 72-80$ CDN near where I live.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 11:01pm
I traded in 6 Gamecube games and two controllers for a grand total of.. $47.85

I put that money towards my Wii preorder.
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 11:02pm

thats what ebay was invented for

Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 12:14am
not worth it...you'll regret selling all that stuff 5 years from now

Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 12:54am
 last year i sold my n64 w/ 2 paddles to a pawn shop here for 50$ total. so either i got a sweet ass deal or you got ripped off.
Canadians do it on top.
Thatoneguy123 View Drop Down
...Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 1:55am
Sell your stuff on ebay. You usally make more than you would if you sold it to game stop. See how much they'll give you at gamestop and then see how much they resell it for. You can usually make atleast half the price of what they resell it for, if not more.
prolitesniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Language 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolitesniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 4:11am
i would have just kept it, sure the Wii is out now but it would have made a great hand-me down consel for a younger cousin or someone, i did that with my PS1 when i got a PS2
Tippmann A5
RT
16in J&J Ceramic
14in linear smartparts
New BT Apex Barrel
45ci 3000psi Nitro System
blade trigger
4+1pack
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 5:02am

I guess that all depends on what you consider fair for your system...I almost bought a GC off of eBay for 35 bucks with a controller and a game...they're basically worthless, and honestly I would have kept it before getting 20 bucks for something if you bought new you paid like 100 for.

And I no longer trade games at my nearest GameStop. My local game store (independently run, thank you) was giving me 37 bucks trade in on my newer 360 game trade ins, which I consider fair for a used game. I get a little over half of the price of a new one, they get fifteen bucks profit, we all get out fairly decent.

Since that's where I've been trading, I've never really traded anything major at a Gamestop. I made the mistake of taking my copy of Double Agent for the 360 which I had just bought from that same GameStop for 60 bucks in to trade for R6:Vegas, got out the door and realized I had just gotten 15 bucks trade for it. Completey screwed. I would have kept it and paid the full sixty for that...but lessons learned I suppose.

RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 8:32am
In Gamestops and EB games minds you got a fair deal. Should have put IT on eBay
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 1:45pm

I was thinking of getting rid of my N64 and PS2, and just getting a Wii or 360

i have like 15 games, 2 controllers, N64 with box and everything that came with it, how much do you think id get?

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic