FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What accent do YOU have?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
STOcocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Forum Halo Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOcocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 7:59pm
the_blade, you aren't supposed to copy the html. You just have to copy the text on the results page.
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 8:14pm
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

The Inland North

Philadelphia

The South

The Midland

Boston

North Central

The West

Edited by cdacda13 - 26 December 2006 at 8:16pm
GThomas View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Who are you again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 8:15pm
Your Result: Boston

You definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't. Of course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be from New Hampshire or Maine.

Definetely is correct, I live 40 minutes away from Boston. When I travel people always comment on my Boston accent. Luckily I never developed the really thick obnoxious accent. I lived in California for 9 years so I never developed the full on thick accent, but you can still notice it immediately.
chronic future View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I’m not back in 5 mins.. Wait longer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronic future Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 8:38pm
test - north east
live in rhode island
wicked awesome
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 8:49pm
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

That is good, radio is a hobby of mine.

People who I have Skyped and Teamspeaked with from chat say I don't have an accent, and sound quite a lot like Kevin Smith.

Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 9:25pm
South?

That's odd.
RLTW
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 10:02pm
Midland.

Reading the explanation, yeah, definitely right. Course, people from Ohio don't really have an accent, but I guess you can name anything...

Edit: Gotta say though, thinking about how I talk. I have a lot of southern/hickspeak interspersed in my speech. It seems to be gettin worse and more prevalent too.....I think I've been hangin out with my girl's family too much...

Edited by .Ryan - 26 December 2006 at 10:04pm

glazener24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by STOcocker STOcocker wrote:

Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by GThomas GThomas wrote:

<b id="restitle">What American accent do you have?<div id="resresult">Your Result: Boston<div style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); background: rgb(255, 255, 255) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; width: 200px; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><div style="background: rgb(221, 0, 34) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; width: 100%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;"> You
definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't. Of
course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be
from New Hampshire or Maine.Definetely is correct, I live 40 minutes away from Boston. When I travel people always comment on my Boston accent. Luckily I never developed the really thick obnoxious accent. I lived in California for 9 years so I never developed the full on thick accent, but you can still notice it immediately.

so you dont pronounce your "R"s or should i say "ahs"
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 11:57pm
Midland.  (Ha! Maybe now certain people will stop making fun of the accent I don't actually have.)

Edited by Mack - 26 December 2006 at 11:58pm
nathanours View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 12:09am

Inland North for me

vash357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vash357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 1:19am
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West

Boston

North Central

The Inland North

The South

Philadelphia

The Northeast

FAIL. CA, which would have been it's next guess though, so I guess it's not that far off.

Edited by vash357 - 27 December 2006 at 1:20am
636andy636. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 10/24/07: Inappropriate Word Use

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 1:19am
Originally posted by Hitman Hitman wrote:

Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

Funny thing is I am actually a Canadian.

Same
Thatoneguy123 View Drop Down
...Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 1:34am
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 2:51am

It said I was mostly southern, but still classified me as midland.

I just came back from Alabama, where there was some HUGE accents. I'm from Houston, Texas, where there's a majority no accent. When I came back, I picked up a small "redneck" accent. Over there, I was yelled at for talking like a "yankee," but down here, they say I sound like a hick! Gah!!!

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 2:56am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

It said I was mostly southern, but still classified me as midland.

I just came back from Alabama, where there was some HUGE accents. I'm from Houston, Texas, where there's a majority no accent. When I came back, I picked up a small "redneck" accent. Over there, I was yelled at for talking like a "yankee," but down here, they say I sound like a hick! Gah!!!

I didn't have an accent before I moved here, but now that I do I get comments on it all of the time. And someone that doesn't have an accent sticks out like a sore thumb around here.

BTW, what part of Alabama?
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 3:04am

Small town called Linden.

Edit: LOL @ Philadelphia, Mississippi.

Edited by DeTrevni - 27 December 2006 at 4:06am

GThomas View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Who are you again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 3:32am
Originally posted by youm0nt youm0nt wrote:

so you dont pronounce your "R"s or should i say "ahs"

In some words I do and some words I don't. Its not too thick of an accent. I kind of pronounce them, I don't have a full on Boston accent. But its definetely there. I don't mind it, West coast girls absolutely love it.

Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 3:35am
That's Philadelphia, Mississippi.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 4:05am

Oh. Whoops. Sorry, it's late and I'm not thinking. Plus, I'm Texan! Just look at what comes out of this state*! My dad is the Bama freak. He's got a shrine dedicated to it. Plus, my grandparents live there.

*See "Bush, George Walker"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic