Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$200 Dollars to use on A5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strife_17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strife_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $200 Dollars to use on A5
    Posted: 25 December 2006 at 9:53pm
Ok so I've got 200 dollars Xmas Cash to spend on paintball.  I play woodsball with the occasional scenario.
I am a well balanced player. I know when to make a rush, when to hang back, and when to play middle and lay down cover. No place to get air filled up less than 30 minutes away and at 12 miles a gallon and > hour driving doesn't really fit my get up and go attitude on paintball day. I am looking for performance over looks so i don't really care about mags and rails and the like.So what do you think would be the best for me?

Heres what i have so far
A5
RT
20+9oz Co2 Tanks
VForce Profiler
Gen X tactical vest (can carry 4 140rnd pods, Co2 and other random      stuff)

Need
new barrel (Been looking into apex for that few extra feet when playing middle)
Hows does apex do in close to midrange combat ( as accurate as a regular barrel on 0?) if not an apex than what else?

Also looking into
Stock (SAW, Collapsible M4, or Folding anything)
Remote (anything that won't die)
1 More 20 oz (standard tank)

Open to other suggestions.

Edited by Strife_17 - 25 December 2006 at 10:44pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 10:31pm
Personally I think stocks are a waste of money. Your CO2 tank works perfectly fine as a stock, and with a mask on it is unnatural to shoulder the stock and try to aim. Stocks offer no performance enhancement, if anything they are a hindrance. Same with remotes, they get snagged on stuff constantly.

The Apex is a good barrel. It is fairly accurate at close range, but it is even more accurate when you put the Apex tip on a J&J Ceramic. However, like the Flatline accuracy suffers at long range, and because the velocity of the ball slows at the same rate as from a normal barrel the chances of the ball breaking at maximum range are low.

Other things I would suggest looking into:
HPA(If your field fills it)
A Palmer's Stabilizer Regulator(Regulates the Gas Flow making shots more consistant)
Ricochet R-5 hopper(lowers the profile of the cyclone)
QEV(Allows the Cyclone to work at higher ROF's)
Rear Velocity Adjuster(Eliminates the FVA screw thus making the marker more efficient)

Strife_17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strife_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 10:43pm
I have though about dropping the stock but I don't really like the feel of the tank as a stock, mostly its position. As for aiming, I don't really use the sights anyway, I find they don't portray where the ball is really going so I just eyeball it anyway. Not to say that I don't aim I just line up the barrel.

The remote does serve as something of a way to stop liquid Co2 from entering the gun.

Was looking into HPA but like I said closest place to fill is a little out of range.

Like the stabilizer stabilizer but wanted  to get that once I got these other things out of the way

I also like the QEV but I want to get it when i have soem time to tinker with it. Is it easy to install?

RVA sounds good I'll look into it. (Does it interfere with a stock should I chose to get one)
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 10:59pm
With stocks that attach to the Endcap, you cannot even look down the barrel without bending you head all the way over sideways. The best way to remedy this is a Raised Sight Rail, like we have on our M16A2's. Otherwise you will just be spraying and adjusting.

Yes, the remote does stop liquid CO2 from entering the gun, but IMHO they serve as more of a hindrance than a help.

If there alot of people that play with you that would be interested in using HPA you could look into a SCUBA tank. They fill to 3000psi and sell between 60-200 bucks on ebay depending on the size, and the filling equipment for them is only like $30. Something to look into if you are planning on getting a big thing started.

The Stabilizer will as well as regulate your gas pressure, keep liquid CO2 out of your gun.

The QEV is very simple to install. All you do is take the stock barb off the cyclone piston, slap some teflon tape around the threads on the QEV and screw it in its place.

You cannot run an RVA and a stock at the same time.

Something worth looking into is the "Super R/T" mod. Its a great mod, I have it on my Pro/Carbine. I can get ~23 bps on it.

Another thing is that if you are not playing at a field, you should most defiantly look into a handheld chronograph. There are two ways to play paintball, the safe way or not to play at all. If you don't have a chronograph where you play it is a must that you get one.

Also note that I play mostly Scenario, so don't think that I am directing you away from a stock and remote line because I don't play woods...

Strife_17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strife_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 11:24pm
I am going to play on Wednesday and I know a bunch of my guys have stocks so i will see if I can play a game with one of there guns to see if I like it. My biggest concern with a stock right now it whether or not it will be long enough for me to effectively use. I am a big guy and want to be sure that I can have the stock comfortable against my shoulder while still begin able to hold the gun in a good spot.

Actually now that I pick up my gun maybe i will just try a butt plate for my 20 oz tank and pick up a new nut for the asa because mine fell off.

Ok so for now no stock and remote ( Now I kinda feel like the purchase of that vest was  in  vain but  we will see.)

Edited by Strife_17 - 26 December 2006 at 12:08am
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 11:54pm
Thats a good idea. I always play with stuff before I buy.
A-5 Command View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 12:35am

I definatly think you should pick up a remote and place the tank on your back somewhere. I love the Apex barrel, midnight or blaze paint from draxus has proven time and time again to have flawless acuracy in the apex without a single break.

I use an m4 colapsable, and love it also. It adjusts to 6 positions, and the thing is unbreakable.  Its very easy to move out of the way if you get in tight close quarters fighting, and it can adjuist to your perfect feel in any terrain. And all stocks are much easier to use a feel a lot better with remotes.

Another cheap investment i loved was my lapco offset sight rail, when you bring your marker to aim, the sight is placed neatly over your right eye, you dont even have to move your head to aim. It also looks UBER cool on A-5's.

A-5
Flatline
E-Grip
Tapco T-6 stock
JCS Duel Trigger
JCS Universal BiPod
Core Remote
88ci/4500psi Crossfire
R-5 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Hot Shot red dot
Lapco offset
Spec Ops A5-A2 grip
BrandonR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrandonR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 12:15am

there is a new stock out ft designed to fit peoples mask look at specialopspaintball.com and find a link to their stor and then look for stocks

BrandonR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrandonR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 12:18am

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

The Apex is a good barrel. It is fairly accurate at close range, but it is even more accurate when you put the Apex tip on a J&J Ceramic. 

how do i put an apexs tip on a J&J barrel?

nvm

Edited by BrandonR - 29 December 2006 at 6:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic