Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Xray Protector goggles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sooch90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sooch90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xray Protector goggles
    Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:30pm

Hey, this Christmas I got an Extreme Rage Xray Protector goggle system. I tried running around outside in the cold to see if it would fog up, and it didn't! However, will it always be as "anti-fog" as it is right now? Or does the antifog wear away?

If it does wear away, what thermal lense do you recommend?

(sorry if i posted in the wrong forum, I wasn't exactly sure where to post this)

Edited by sooch90 - 25 December 2006 at 6:35pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:31pm
Never heard of them...
sooch90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sooch90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:36pm
sorry, they're Extreme Rage goggles (I fixed it)
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:49pm
I don't know about Extreme Rage goggles, but most goggles with "anti-fog" have the "anti fog" wear off after a few days of play...

By the time you invest in a thermal lense you have pretty much bought yourself a new set of googles anyways.

I would suggest investing your money in a pair of high-end goggles like the V-Force Profiler, Dye Invision, or Empire Vents...

You will tank yourself in the long run.
sooch90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sooch90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 7:44pm
but I don't want to buy a whole new goggle, why not just put the thermal lenses on the goggle i already have?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 7:48pm
I don't know if any will fit...

Let me look.

Most Low End goggle systems like that don't accept thermal lenses.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 8:33pm
The anti-fog wont last long. As mentioned, you're better off buying a good pair of goggles to last you a long time rather than replacing lenses.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 5:49am

In general I agree with those above that say get a "better" goggle system if you want to switch to thermal lenses ,,,, but ,,

Extreme Rage also markets an anti-fog polish you apply to the inside of the lense , even if you do upgrade , those higher end goggle systems would eventually benefit from using it .

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 11:10am

If you haven't used them much or at all stick them back in the package and get vforce profilers or events.

Today is Boxing Day...  :)

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 7:35pm
Congrats on the boxing day...  What is it exactly?

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 7:40pm

Upgrading would be the best. If you can find thermal lenses, it will be around $20 I think. Also the fog spray and an other anti-fog things don't work too well. They will help clean the mask lens, but doesn't necessarily help with fogging.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2006 at 11:20pm

my little brother has xrays and they came with a thermal lens

so i would assume you can buy them

you may want to switch them off eventually because they are the biggest, bulkiest, uglies googles i have ever seen... not to mention very uncomfortable.

but they are very safe and cover 90% of the head (part of the reason i got them for my little brother)

but man a simple google search turned up:

http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Rage-XRay-Thermal-Lens/dp/B000 6A59LO

edit: hm... says it is not currently available... oh well you get the idea that google is the way to go

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 26 December 2006 at 11:23pm
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic