Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sight rail/mount question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bikener View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sight rail/mount question
    Posted: 21 December 2006 at 4:42pm
Hey, I just bought a tasco 30mm red dot scope for my 98 custom.
I have realised that it will not fit on my gun properly unless i buy some type of sight rail or mount.

whats the best mount/rail to buy? and why?

thanks!

Edited by bikener - 21 December 2006 at 5:19pm
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 5:41pm
Hey I had the same problem you did so I bought this:

Raised Sight Rail (46.01 US) Bid won on ebay

Raised Sight Rail Adapter  (12.99 US) Buy it now on ebay

But because I have a stock the Sight rail still isn't high enough for me to look through it because my stock gets in the way of my mask.

So I said screw it I'm buying everything I can.  So I saved a bunch of rails in "My Ebay Page yesterday". So I'm going to buy all of them and then customize it the way I want from game to game.

See-thru Sight rail NEW TIPPMANN 98 PAINTBALL GUN SCOPE RISER MOUNT TIPPMAN

The Lapco Offset Rail. BT-4 OFFSET 45 DEGREE PICATINNY RAIL FITS TIPPMANN

Offset Sight Rail 6 inches = NEW Paintball Gun Offset Sight Mount Rail 6" Universal

They should all work but make sure if you get others that they are made for the 98 Custom.  I think the 98 has 3/8 weaver rail so anything that doesn't fit on that size rail won't work.

Edited by phil_stl - 21 December 2006 at 5:51pm
bikener View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 6:05pm
thanks a lot!!! big help! really appreciate it!

Edited by bikener - 21 December 2006 at 6:06pm
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2006 at 6:31pm
I'm putting your quote from you PM to me on here in case anyone else wants to know about sight rails...

Originally posted by bikener bikener wrote:

hey, thanks alot for the info.

do you know of any rail/mount that raises the scope high enough to use a stock and is also slightly offset so the hopper doesnt get in the way?

You're welcome...

If you want it vertical you get a bunch of them, couple and pile them on top of the other.
And then get the offset hopper adapter for your cyclone (if you have the cyclone).

See-thru Sight rail = NEW TIPPMANN 98 PAINTBALL GUN SCOPE RISER MOUNT TIPPMAN

And

DPMS A2 Raised Sight Rail = NEW CARRY HANDLE DPMS COLT RRA RIFLE FLATTOP A2 SIGHT

With the Adapter on (top of the DPMS Raised sight rail of course) – I couldn’t find link to buy it so here’s a pic

Otherwise if you don't mind having it to the side, just get either of these, 

The Lapco Offset Rail = BT-4 OFFSET 45 DEGREE PICATINNY RAIL FITS TIPPMANN

or

Offset Sight Rail 6 inches = NEW Paintball Gun Offset Sight Mount Rail 6" Universal

Then if you get either of those two above you will be able to look through the sight with out any hopper or stock problems but it will be low on the gun. (I will re-peat myself a little here) But if you want the sight higher up, you can get the:

See-thru Sight rail NEW TIPPMANN 98 PAINTBALL GUN SCOPE RISER MOUNT TIPPMAN

Or

DPMS A2 Raised Sight Rail, NEW CARRY HANDLE DPMS COLT RRA RIFLE FLATTOP A2 SIGHT

And

DPMS A2 Raised Sight Rail Adapter, (couldn’t find link for it – it would be on ebay normally but it Christmas holidays so sellers aren’t making auctions they are spending time with their family) here is what it looks like and it fits on top of the DPMS A2 Raised Sight Rail (12.99 US)

Or for really high:

Get both

Edited by phil_stl - 21 December 2006 at 6:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic