FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You’re being lied to...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 2:03pm
I think it needs to be decriminalized. Legalized, not so much.

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

I think it needs to be decriminalized. Legalized, not so much.
I see that as a more realistic step. Haven't some states like Colorado and Alaska made it legal to posess up to 1 oz.?
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 2:07pm
Yeah, I'd love for it to be legalized. But it will be long before that happens. We need to be pushing for decriminalization before legalization.

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 2:25pm
They have SOME decriminalization laws, which make fines not very harsh, and also so it's not a policemans top priority.  It only applies to some states, and because of them, I am here today and not in jail/trying to pay off a 1000 dollar fine. 

Now comparing it to the same level as alcohol is a hard thing.  Alcohol impairs a user so much more than a user of marijuana (in my opinion atleast...), and a person is more likely to get up and drive somewhere while drunk compared to a person who would just want to sit and relax while high (again, from personal experience & experiences with various people).  Marijuana is also so much less harmful than alcohol, atleast in terms of a lethal amount, because there have been zero recorded deaths from use, compared to the thousands recorded from both alcohol, tobbacco, otc and prescription meds.   Maybe in the way it impairs a user is what makes it similar to alcohol, but that's about the only connection that I can make so far...
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 5:16pm
Hehe. Page 5.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 5:19pm
Funny thing is Federal Law > State/Local Law.
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

I'm guessing that more than half of you were conceived by parents who were high at the time.

I'm pretty much sure of it.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Funny thing is, the Constitution gives the states the rights to regulate anything not specifically named to the federal government's authority.
So technically, the federal government has no authority in the matter, but in our messed up world of today, they control it anyways.

The federal government needs to get out of states'/voters' business. 10 years ago California passed the "Compassionate use" law, allowing medicinal users of marijuana to smoke without risk of the government intervention. Dispensaries have been established, and an ID card system is currently used to prevent just anyone from getting this "medicine."
For some reason the federal government, teamed with the DEA think they have the right to override voter's wishes and raid these dispensaries.
Has anyone seen this democracy I heard about in school?
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

1) Marijuana is NOT addictive.

You're wrong. Plain and simple. Research has PROVEN that the effects of THC on the neurotransmitters in the brain lead to psychological addictions. 
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

1) Marijuana is NOT addictive.
You're wrong. Plain and simple. Research has PROVEN that the effects of THC on the neurotransmitters in the brain lead to psychological addictions. 

Which research is this? Have you seen this research, or did your health teacher/DARE instructor tell you this? Or are you just spouting out of your ass?

Addiction is not the same as psychological dependence. Addiction is a disease with symptoms, the most important of which are withdrawal symptoms. These are not found even in cases of extreme psychological dependence on marijuana.
Anything you do, from weed to sex to work can potentially form psychological dependence.
I know what addiction is; I am addicted to cigarettes.
I also use marijuana more than most people, and I am NOT addicted to it, nor are any of my other "stoner" friends.
I've taken breaks from smoking ranging from a week to a year, and never had any withdrawal symptoms.

Edited by Bunkered - 17 December 2006 at 8:07pm
Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 8:13pm
I just smoke heroin.
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Destruction Destruction wrote:

I just smoke heroin.

Good call. Just as long as you don't smoke that devil's weed.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 8:21pm
REEEEEFER MADNESS. I would link to the movie, but I don't know if I could get in trouble for it.

oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 8:32pm
RAASTAFFFFAAAAARIIII 
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 8:40pm
Worst weed debate ever. 
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Worst weed debate ever. 

Edited by Cedric - 17 December 2006 at 11:13pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 9:14pm
Cedric, Tito Pwenté

I heard that this kid chopped up his family with an axe after smoking weed.

Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 11:12pm
A more likely story is that he used too much AXE deodorant and his family died from the smell.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Hitman Hitman wrote:

A more likely story is that he used too much AXE deodorant and his family died from the smell.

No, he was a marijuana addict, and he chopped up his family after he smoked because it makes you violent, and it makes you hate your family.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic