Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The ’Bible’

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 11:03pm
Very helpful. Thanks.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 7:51am
Bump.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 3:23pm
Reeks of "paintball, serious business."

If someone was to start shouting commands and formations at me while I am trying to enjoy a game, I am promptly going to tell them to toss off.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 6:03pm
Come now TKD, didn't you know that baiting is illegal in all 50 US states?
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

If someone was to start shouting commands and formations at me while I am trying to enjoy a game, I am promptly going to tell them to toss off.

I probably would as well.  But some people enjoy taking their recreation seriously and wouldn't mind at all.  Even those of us who don't wish to take paintball that seriously can find some useful stuff in the original post.  The bits on personal preparation/tactics are useful to any new woods player and the perspective offered on how we treat brand new players is something every one should consider. 

I have to say that the comments come across as just an excuse to bash OS even though he wasn't the originator of this specific post.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 11:56pm

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

So, If I yelled out during a rec game "ACU'S RUNNING UP THE TAPE LINE!", and you were closest to the tape line you would tell me to toss off and get shot in the back? Just curious I guess.

And whats with TKD? I thought TKD was pushing up Daises with Agentwale and MBD was the new thing?

Man Bites Dog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
The forumer formely known as TKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man Bites Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

1) So, If I yelled out during a rec game "ACU'S RUNNING UP THE TAPE LINE!",

2) And whats with TKD? I thought TKD was pushing up Daises with Agentwale and MBD was the new thing?

1) Apples, meet oranges. Telling someone something like that during a game is far, far separated from someone telling you to fall into the flying double eagle alpha bravo recon formation and do an XYZ patrol and wait for my super secret hand signals.

You know there is a difference too.

Communication = Good.
Orders = Bad.

2) I posted that from my PC, which I have not used in a while, and I didn't notice it still logged me in as TKD.
Troop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 12:12pm
Thank god I play an organized sport, on a TEAM. Where the quarterback orders the play, there is a distinct set formation per play, a set of verbal or visual orders, and there is little communication by consensus. So there are no set plays in speedball, no orders given to accomplish the mission, everyone does as he wants? Play as you wish, and allow others to as they wish. OS never demanded any player to do anything, he suggested, and he adapted. Those who followed did, those who did thier own thing did that.
If you were playing touch football with an ex-professional, would you do what he suggested on his team, or whatever you wanted to do.

Edited by Troop - 31 December 2007 at 12:13pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Troop Troop wrote:

OS never demanded any player to do anything, he suggested, and he adapted. Those who followed did, those who did thier own thing did that. 

That right there is what makes the OMHW approach to mil-sim styled paintball infinitely superior to the Spec-Ops fanboy approach.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Man Bites Dog Man Bites Dog wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

1) So, If I yelled out during a rec game "ACU'S RUNNING UP THE TAPE LINE!",

2) And whats with TKD? I thought TKD was pushing up Daises with Agentwale and MBD was the new thing?

1) Apples, meet oranges. Telling someone something like that during a game is far, far separated from someone telling you to fall into the flying double eagle alpha bravo recon formation and do an XYZ patrol and wait for my super secret hand signals.

You know there is a difference too.

Communication = Good.
Orders = Bad.

2) I posted that from my PC, which I have not used in a while, and I didn't notice it still logged me in as TKD.

Ah, my bad. I just got the impression that you wanted to go solo and loathed the idea of teamwork. Sorry about that.

And it was nice to see TKD for a change

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by Troop Troop wrote:

OS <span style="font-weight: bold;">never demanded any player to do anything</span>, he suggested, and he adapted. Those who followed did, those who did thier own thing did that. 
That right there is what makes the OMHW approach to mil-sim styled paintball infinitely superior to the Spec-Ops fanboy approach.

Actually he didn't adpated at all. Why he started to flame up "God Guns" kids with mommies credit cards and "combat pijamas" he stuck with the snoop and poop and made himself obsolete in todays High ROF heavy action games. So he now plays Airsoft and comes to flame at paintball players.

Had he adpated like many of us MILSIM players have he would have embraced the technology and adapted his mindset and tactics acordingly.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 6:21pm
pwned.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Why he started to flame up "God Guns" kids with mommies credit cards and "combat pijamas" he stuck with the snoop and poop and made himself obsolete in todays High ROF heavy action games.

I have to disagree with the above portion of this post.  I ended up on the opposite side of a few tech-related discussions with OS back under my two previous names (Mac and an earlier one that I can't remember-probably the reason I simplified after that.)  While we definitely disagreed on the value of technological advancements in the sport I never felt "flamed up" by his replys.  However, since I generally try to address people on here in the manner I wish to be addressed, he may have been going easy on me.

The woods game still has a place for "snoop and poop," but it is no longer a major portion of the game as it was when I started and Splatmasters were considered high-tech.  People have to learn to use whatever works best for the situation at hand and a well-rounded player will do better at this than one who relys solely on a single technique.
Troop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 6:12pm
Final thought till back to school. OS did adapt as much as he could due to his physical condition. His lack of mobility forced an adaptation in his tactics and application. He plays airsoft for the lower cost and the longer range game is a better fit for his limitations. He found a new hobby, a more realilistic mil-sim enviornment and again has developed a following in that game. He teaches more than plays anymore, and the VN re-enactors love his insight and the occasional history lesson. That is how well he adapts. But the fued here will continue, so carry on..............
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 7:07pm
I, for one, understand how physical issues can influence playing style.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic