FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The ’Bible’

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 2:45pm
*takes out stupid comment. Sorry.

Edited by Justice - 06 December 2006 at 2:25pm

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 11:36pm
Yes, it is a game, and all here who see it as "milsim" with thier new X-7's and other "milsim" markers would never really want to know anything other than wearing thier "combat pajamas" and run around "blow up dolls" with thier pretty colored paint hoses and huge hoppers, and pretend they are actually in the military. Or our wanna be snipers, armed with a concept, please do not confuse what they do with any resemblance to the real skill or application.

No, there is absolutly no need for any type of expierience in this game, the wanna-be armed with book and movie references will overcome everytime.

Too bad the applications mentioned actually work, and have a real point of reference, hard for the young to understand.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 12:44pm

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Yep, with the attention span and reading skills of today's youth, maybe I should do it in crayon pictures and not use any really big words either.

Speaking of your literary prowess, weren't you writing a book?

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Rock Slide Rock Slide wrote:

Yeah Justice... Come to think of it, I've never seen any helpful tips from you.  Enlighten us with your knowledge!

I happen to help out allot in the new player forum. Search and you will be Enlightened.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
pattison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 1:45pm

Yep, with the attention span and reading skills of today's youth, maybe I should do it in crayon pictures and not use any really big words either.

make a flash animation and i will watch it
Eat The Brisket
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 3:09pm
skimmed through it reading a few topics.  i found it interesting and informative.  
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 3:09pm

Yes, it is a game, and all here who see it as "milsim" with thier new X-7's and other "milsim" markers would never really want to know anything other than wearing thier "combat pajamas" and run around "blow up dolls" with thier pretty colored paint hoses and huge hoppers, and pretend they are actually in the military. Or our wanna be snipers, armed with a concept, please do not confuse what they do with any resemblance to the real skill or application.

No, there is absolutly no need for any type of expierience in this game, the wanna-be armed with book and movie references will overcome everytime.

Too bad the applications mentioned actually work, and have a real point of reference, hard for the young to understand.

I remember back is 2001 at TWC playing along side you, if I remember correctly you had a pretty bad limp that weekend. There are a few of us youngins that have read and done our best to understand what you have posted. It has been read by many of the members of my paintball club Insane Paintball Players. So do not feel that yourds have fallen on deaf ears. It has helped us greatly to come together and work more effectively as a team on the field. Thanks OS.
"Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron."

-C.S. Lewis
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 8:31am
Can we sticky this?

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 1:58pm
The "book" was submitted, and rejected by two publishers. Told needed to lighten it up a little. In re-edit now with additional references and airsoft chapters
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2006 at 2:39pm
I want to read it...

Send me a copy?
Cuthbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2007 at 9:42pm
Great post. merci beaucoup
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2007 at 9:00pm
Damn ,,,, OS ..
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 12:02am

Right.

A short attention span of the youth only happened with our generation.

Back in the good ol' days, teens read Tolstoy and liked it, gal dangit.

Rock Slide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Well, my player card says I’m an <KRL> !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Slide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 12:12am
Up hill...  Both ways...
I bring annihilation

and cheap red wine!
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 9:41am
In the snow
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 2:03pm
With a backpack full of rocks.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2007 at 11:26pm
Stay off my lawn.

Damn kids.

DeEp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeEp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 11:05am

A very good read. Thanks for the time you put in to write it.

www.paintballing-forum.co.uk/
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 5:01am

this deservies to be stickied and bumped GREAT read read most of it, not all of it

I think I skipped2-4 paragraphs

Help support the Youth In Asia!

Member Of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 10:52pm
not that same reading it without the neat music... your sight still up os?
saving the world, one warship at a time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic