Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 12:29pm
Damn. Who told you to search!
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 1:24pm
See, here's the issue with the Super Chromium, you get a lot of people who want to be associated with greatness, so they claim to have one, or claim to have played with one. But the fact of the matter is, a very very small and select circle of people wound up even coming close to being on the giving side of one of them. The best way to judge who is really in the know about the super chromium is by either their "joined" date (too bad we don't have member numbers anymore) or their affiliation at some point with the OMHW. Obviously, most of the mods are throw-backs from the old forums. Like I said, I was in College back when I first heard of the Super Chromium, and that was almost 10 years ago. Just look at RS's barrel, you can tell how old it is! It looks even more used than my J&J ceramic I bought back in '98.

Anyway, to set the record straight, it was Dash who made engineered them, Air Tipps was the company who produced them (which was partly owned by Dash) and only a handful of people ever recieved them, mainly as gifts.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 1:58pm

Originally posted by mobius_1 mobius_1 wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Too bad palmers brass barrels are only for phantoms...

They are not only for phantoms. Palmer makes there barrels in just about all the threads there are. Cocker, a-5, 98c, spyder, ion, phantom, impulse, etc. The only thread they don't make I think is Sterling threads because it is a metric thread. You get the barrels ported, or no ported; powedercoated in about just any color or nickel plated with either a satin or polished finish; If it is for a closed bolt gun like a cocker, blazer, omen, they will put wedgits in the barrel to prevent rollouts. Palmers does it all with their barrels basically. The A5OG guys love them on their guns.

What about kits? are the palmers brass barrels worth it?

mobius_1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 2:29pm

Too bad palmers brass barrels are only for phantoms...
They are not only for phantoms. Palmer makes there barrels in just about all the threads there are. Cocker, a-5, 98c, spyder, ion, phantom, impulse, etc. The only thread they don't make I think is Sterling threads because it is a metric thread. You get the barrels ported, or no ported; powedercoated in about just any color or nickel plated with either a satin or polished finish; If it is for a closed bolt gun like a cocker, blazer, omen, they will put wedgits in the barrel to prevent rollouts. Palmers does it all with their barrels basically. The A5OG guys love them on their guns.

What about kits? are the palmers brass barrels worth it?

Well seeing as I will only shot Palmer brass or a Dye Stainless, yes they are worth it, ask any guy who has been in the game for a long time, there is something about brass that just works better. You want to know more go and ask on the Palmers Owners Group
I own 2 Palmer guns with fixed Palmer barrels and I have had and still own Palmer brass barrels for other guns of mine.
"Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron."

-C.S. Lewis
County View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Most Favored Nation Status

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 4:21pm
Wow, so many people who CLAIM to know about the Super Chromium. I'm reading through 4 pages of "facts" and less than half of it is true.

How do you think OMHW dominated every scenario game they ever played in? Teamwork, strategy and such helped, but equipment definitely plays a part as well.

It's too bad most of the old rank has gone their separate ways. I'd still love to see at least a handful get together for NJ Nam in June.

Speaking of Dash. I haven't heard from him in years. Did they find out that he took the material out of the facility?
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by County County wrote:

Speaking of Dash. I haven't heard from him in years. Did they find out that he took the material out of the facility?
Answered your own question there.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 5:41pm

It's too bad most of the old rank has gone their separate ways. I'd still love to see at least a handful get together for NJ Nam in June.

Well be at Nj'Nam in 2007. I sent you the link to our new prowling grounds in your MySpace.

And due to requests from Above any more mention of Dash will cause the thread to be closed. The Official word on that is that Dash was never employed as a subcontractor at Los Alamos. And there was never an AirrTipps Company. There are no Super Chromiums and Rockslide your PM box is full. Expect an Email from you know who. I'd suggest you remove that picture.

As for Phil forget all about the Superchromium.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 6:39pm
Shorty, Elvis, County, pm me with your Myspace addies. Need to get some "friendage" goin on! And yes, I know that sounds bad.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Well be at Nj'Nam in 2007. I sent you the link to our new prowling grounds in your MySpace.

And due to requests from Above any more mention of Dash will cause the thread to be closed. The Official word on that is that Dash was never employed as a subcontractor at Los Alamos. And there was never an AirrTipps Company. There are no Super Chromiums and Rockslide your PM box is full. Expect an Email from you know who. I'd suggest you remove that picture.

You Didn't See Anything!

And County, longtime since I've seen you post, you usually catch those "which site is the best to buy from" posts.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 7:46pm

Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

Heh, Im sorry but you really sound like the U.S. Government and Area 51 (Nothing wrong with that though), which just magnifies my curiosity.

Anyway, Air Tipps DOES exist, I even have proof. I have jack on the Super Chromium, but Air Tipps is a real company, who currently makes two slings and A5 Stainless Screws...

phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 8:39pm

Question # 1:

Nobody wants to elaborate on the fact why they think that “at the rate I’m going I’ll never get one”.  

- The above seemed like it was a personal remark, because yes I understand about the inner circle of OMHW, or having to be lucky, or whatever, and also now the platinum system is changed so most plat members won’t get it now ever anyway.  But why was the above said about me specifically? huh RoboCop?

Question # 2

How many are “accounted for” there must be more than 5.  It was said that there were only 5 “Super Chromium 2000” barrels and that the rest were just simply “Super Chromium” (almost as good as the 5 originals but they weren’t the 2000 version).  

Question # 4

a) How close the Palmer Brass Barrels are compared to accuracy as the Super Chromium?  

b) Plus if the Palmers Brass barrels are supposed to be the most accurate other than the Super Chromium then why does the Dye Ultralite cost so much more and why do people on this forum say to people that ask about barrels “get a bigshot” “get a J&J Ceramic” “get a Dye Ultralite”?

Question # 5

Why are so many miss-informed and don’t people know the facts about this barrel?  

-                             There are people that say it was made here; and by such and such a guy or such and such a company, or by a company that doesn’t exist anymore (but that really does) etc.  

-                             Others say it was dealed with in Area 51 and includes stolen military technology.

-                             Others say it’s all a joke.  

-                             There seems to be such much of this miss-information, we could actually believe quite a few different stories as if they were facts (I was gullible for a while, but I was still right about the barrel being real etc, plus I searched a lot, and for hours, and I’m still asking questions and I still don’t know everything). This goes to show all the people that are saying different things or hiding things etc.

-                             Why doesn’t anyone seam to know much about it (except for maybe 3 people) and why are the people that say they know stuff about it, or say they have one etc. not willing to talk much about it as if the government or the mob or someone is going to take them out?  Why did someone think the reason KRL was gone had to do with the barrel and Big Al.

Question # 6

Is this barrel really what it is hyped up to be?  So many are saying that it was over hyped or that it is made up etc.  Here are quotes only from recently;

jerseypaint

You people had me going...I want to tell phil so bad. But I don't know what to do. How did you guys make the "super chromium barrel" up? Just wondering.

ShortyBP

I honestly don't recall the true origin... as it kinda just snowballed and grew and grew.

It has claimed many victims. Before I actually met anyone here in person, I remember sending emails to Nobody and Oldguy telling them to stop hyping it, as it was "cruel", but eventually I removed the stick from my hindsection and let it continue. Rock Slide is probably one of the few still here that might know the history better than I.

How much for the Hellhound? Dunno. But I bet you could trade a Super Chromium for it.

BARREL BREAK

What do you mean "Made up?"

Carl_the_sniper

Can someone explain big al? the tent?

ShortyBP

Words alone cannot describe BigAl and "the tent" aka Casa De Amor.
It must be experienced, first-hand.

I have not even quoted anything from the last 23 page thread which I could quote much, much more.

Question # 7

Why is everything such a big secret, many say that there is a secret ingredient but many say this all a joke and how of course could a barrel add distance etc. and that this barrel is way over hyped even mods followed along with that thought.

Could someone that actually knows what they are talking about and explain the truth?

P. S. I don’t care anymore about getting the barrel; it seams like way too much work and I don’t like the sounds of what happened to Timmy B. in the “casa de Amor”

Quote: tallen702

The last person I physically saw after an initiation was Timmy B. Handsome kid, too bad he'll never be the same after what Al did to him. Fran begged Al to go easy on him, as he is a bit fragile when compared to the bulk of Al, but it wasn't to be. I don't think anyone in Anne Arundal County MD slept well that night.

Edited by phil_stl - 04 December 2006 at 8:46pm
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 8:46pm

1. You're annoying.

2. I don't know.

3. You skipped 3.

4. Psh.

5. Heh heh heh. Some are trying to throw you off (cough) others are giving you the facts.

6. They say it's overhyped and made up because they have never used it. How can it not exist? Pictar, much?

7. It's a secret because it's exclusive.

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 8:56pm
Phil, your search button privileges have been REVOKED. 
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

1. You're annoying.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Phil, your search button privileges have been REVOKED. 

okay thank you mister MODERATOR.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 9:57pm

Any one here remember the Super Chromium barrel?

heh, who could forget? i remember when i first saw the super chromium, its a good thing i wasnt looking at it under the sunlight, the glare would've definitely blinded me

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2006 at 10:12pm
Ok I warned you guys. Thread Closed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic