Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

uncontrolable trigger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jezman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: uncontrolable trigger
    Posted: 25 November 2006 at 7:07pm
I have just purchased a new Tippmann A-5 with e grip. While using this marker I experience a uncontrolable trigger. The trigger will not respond to any inputs. This only happens when the gun is in a auto firing mode. I had my 10 year old nephew shooting the gun we were using NXL mode. He fired many times, then he pulled for full auto- then the gun runs wide open. He hands the gun to me with no hands on trigger in a panic(mind you the gun is firing full auto)shooting paint all over. Not a pleaseant scenero for me or him. Scared the crap out of him. Any how could you please help me get to the root of this problem. Is this something with the Egrip or do I have a gun issue. I can tell you this much I have a friend who just put the WAS e grip on his A-5 and is experinceing the same problem. To give you a heads up  I have not made any adjustments to the board they are all factory settings.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 12:49am

Originally posted by Jezman Jezman wrote:

I have just purchased a new Tippmann A-5 with e grip. While using this marker I experience a uncontrolable trigger. The trigger will not respond to any inputs. This only happens when the gun is in a auto firing mode. I had my 10 year old nephew shooting the gun we were using NXL mode. He fired many times, then he pulled for full auto- then the gun runs wide open. He hands the gun to me with no hands on trigger in a panic(mind you the gun is firing full auto)shooting paint all over. Not a pleaseant scenero for me or him. Scared the crap out of him. Any how could you please help me get to the root of this problem. Is this something with the Egrip or do I have a gun issue. I can tell you this much I have a friend who just put the WAS e grip on his A-5 and is experinceing the same problem. To give you a heads up  I have not made any adjustments to the board they are all factory settings.

If another you are aware of is having the same problem, seems it's time to call the factory.

cmts58 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmts58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 1:20am
time to call tippymanny!!!!!!!!
tippmann 98c
dop pro seal
expansion chamber
vertical adapter
dop double trigger
cyclone feed
Jezman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 8:50am
Thanks guys. I will contact local store I purchased from. The owner is very nice there. I know they will help me get this fixed.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 10:02am
Silly as it sounds, check your battery, even it it's half power, it will do very similar things that your trigger is.
Jezman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 10:31am
Ok I will  replace a new battery Today.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 11:13am
Also, I'm not positive with the way e-grips work, since it has been years and years since I owned anything of the sort, but check the screws in the trigger if they are there.  It sounds like it is too far back(towards the frame) and is making the gun "bounce" once it's in full auto. If this isn't relevant, than ignore me.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Jezman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 4:19pm
Ok put in a new battery still same thing. The only way to stop the firing is to put safety on and pray it stops. Darn this is driving me crazy. This gun is 2 weeks old and this is the second problem so far.

I had another problem right from the start. I would use 1 20 oz tank for about 2.5 hoppers full of paint. I had originally thought it was due to firing getting stuck on Auto. But that was not the case. The powervalve is fitted with an oring and washer where the tombstone is inserted into. Weeeelll don't you know who ever at tippmann assembled my gun never put the washer in the power valve. See I read and hear great things about the A-5 that is why I chose to purchase it. But man I am getting discouraged on this gun.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 5:57pm
lol, just think if you would have got a different gun... It probably would have been worse.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Snick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 6:36pm
sounds like someone on the tippmann assembly line was having a really bad day when your gun was created.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 8:33pm

Stupid China.......

Im not an Egrip expert, but unless your trigger is sticking to the switch inside, your electronics are messed up, or your sear is sticking.  When you pull your tirgger,  the trigger hits a switch inside your gun. When that switch hits, it sends a pin to hit your sear, causeing your sear to move and hammer to release, and the hammer releaseing fires your marker. So if the sear is down or not the right shape or the wrong materal(Happened to a bunch of 98c's) your marker will continue to fire. OR if your board or wiring is messed up, it will continue to push that rod to make your sear move.

Has your A5 come into contact with water?

Jezman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 8:43pm
No the gun has seen no contact with water at all. The gun has been totaly cleaned after each shooting day. Mind you that is 1 case of paint and three total days.

If I turn the egrip on and fire it dry the trigger prefoms as it should.

I had my friend look at the light on the trigger the light is on while the gun fires on its own. I think you are on the right track. I believe the recoil is causing the trigger to some how engague with the agressive recoil of this gun. The funny thing is I know of two other people with the same problem. I tell ya if I can get this fixed I will be a happy Man. My friend has an older A-5 he just had a Egrip installed and he has the same problem kind of. His gun will fire until you hold the trigger in. Then let it go and a firing she will go. He had a response trigger that was no longer working. So he up graded to the Egrip.

Kind of scarey when you think about it. A gun firing full auto with no way of predicting when it will turn off.

Edited by Jezman - 26 November 2006 at 8:46pm
casper8x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casper8x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 9:17pm
A friend of mine has an A-5 with WAS. When in that mode you do the required BPS and then it goes full auto no  more trigger pulls are necessary. But when you pull the trigger again it stops firing.

I had him do it with NO air attached removing possibilities of recoil and the board will still do it. That led me to believe that's the way it was designed.

Is that what your gun is doing or will it not stop at all?

BTW, take a look at the A.P.E. Rampage board none of that silly stuff going on with it.

Edited by casper8x - 26 November 2006 at 9:21pm
Milled & Cut 98Custom
A.P.E. Board
Polished Int.
Palmer's Stab.
Apex mounted on C.P. Classic
Center-Fed Halo B
Jezman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 9:24pm
No my gun will not stop at all.
casper8x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casper8x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 9:38pm
Can you get it to repeat the problem with out air or only when air is applied to the marker?

Milled & Cut 98Custom
A.P.E. Board
Polished Int.
Palmer's Stab.
Apex mounted on C.P. Classic
Center-Fed Halo B
Jezman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jezman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 11:33pm
The problem only happens when the gun is aired up.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 2:54am
If the dealer will work on it for no charge then fine. But, the Factory will make the repairs, and any other fixes it deems necessary, for no charge.
agent5556 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agent5556 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 8:59pm
This same thing happened to me.  I have a double trigger and forgot to take off the C clap.  Tippman didn't even put it in the double trigger box to pull the c clamp.  Some little kid told me and yet that was the problem.  Gun fires like a champ now.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 9:42pm
Put in a stronger trigger return spring to see if it prevents the trigger from bouncing. You could also push the trigger forward getting the trigger away from the microswitch,

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2006 at 6:30pm
does the gun fire when you release the trigger or when you pull it?

my brother has a custom pro with WAS board, and it does the same thing in NXL mode. i couldnt figure out why for a while, then it came to me. the board acts as if the trigger is pushed down when it isnt, and like it isnt pulled when it is. so its reversed. so like when its in NXL mode it sees three pulls (releases) fast enough to start full auto, but it thinks you are holding the trigger when you arent so it keeps firing. holding the trigger down for about a second once it starts going full auto will make it think you released it and it will stop firing. test this without a tank on it.

i would suggest either not using NXL mode (the easiest), or switching the wires going to the switch, which would make it fire normally.

EDIT: to stop the gun from firing you could have either turned it upside down to keep the paint from going in or you could have stopped the hammer with your hand.

Edited by pooperscooper - 01 December 2006 at 6:35pm
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic