FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

post your guns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 2:49am
Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:

his muscles exploded because he was injecting oil into them to make the appear bigger then they actually were.

Ya it was steroids and he stuck the needles right into his bicep and then paid the consequences.
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 8:19am
i'm glad this topic is up so i dont have to post a new one. well anyway, i've been researching and has anyone ordered from aimsurplus? I'm looking at the mosin nagant m44, the swiss k31, and the 24/47 mauser. if you could give me information (i've read about them but cant really find any info on reliability and what people prefer) i would really appreciate it. thanks.
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 12:05pm

ruger security six
Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 12:55pm

No pics, but:

Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge

Remington 710 30-06

Remington 22lr bolt action target rifle (can't remember model #)

Remington 597 LSS 22lr

Smith and Wesson 22lr pistol

Winchester Auto 12 gauge (model #?)

Classic Winchester Model 37 Steelbilt 16 Gauge

7.62x39 sks with dragunov stock and bsa 40mm dot sight

very old pieced together 410

Classic Remington Model 24 22lr, in the process of getting it restored

Edited by Project Irene - 02 December 2006 at 5:54pm
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

Why bump up an old post?

Because I can!

What I've managed to collect thus far... would have more, but finances (and missus) don't allow for it. Plus, money has to be spent on hording ammo for the impending zombie invasion.

CZ P-01, 9mm (with Streamlight M3)
Six 14rd magazines, two 16rd magazines.

My rimfire handguns.
Same CZ P-01 frame, with 22LR Kadet kit installed. Five 10rd magazines.
Grandfather's Beretta 950 .22corto he bought in 1953 while in Rome. Before the days when Beretta started putting safeties on em. One original magazine, three recent purchase spares.

Rimfire Rifles.
Marlin 980V .22LR bolt-action.
Marlin 7000 .22LR semi-auto. Five 10rd and one 7rd magazines for them to share.

Rock River LAR-15. UTE2 mid-length upper with stainless 1:8 barrel. NM lower. Twelve 30rd and eight 20rd magazines.

And doesn't really count, but will include my Gamo Hunter 440 .177 air rifle. 1000+fps.

Would love to pick up more... but with the cost of centerfire ammo these days, will probably keep what I have and stay with minimal caliber variation. Easier to stock up on two calibers of ammo, than on three or four.   Although at the very least, I really should pick up a 12ga scattergun. One cannot really be prepared for zombies without a scattergun.

if i had the money i would buy an LAR but the money i make now goes back into buyin farm equipment and expanding my antique gun collection. but a very sexy gun indeed
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 6:59pm
does anyone know if the mosin nagant m44 takes stripper clips? All it says in the description is that it has a magazine well. Thanks in advance.
polished internals
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 7:22pm

Originally posted by kuhndog599 kuhndog599 wrote:

I'm looking at the mosin nagant m44, the swiss k31, and the 24/47 mauser. if you could give me information (i've read about them but cant really find any info on reliability and what people prefer) i would really appreciate it. thanks.
  These are all bolt guns, so you wouldn't expect to have a whole lot of reliability problems. The K31 could possibly have a misfire if you don't fully close the bolt. the spring will close the bolt and use up too much energy for the fireing pin to touch off the primer. Cycle the bolt like a man and you'll be fine. If you want any rifle to jam, be gentle when operating the action. Parts may be a little harder to find than other milsurps, but these are slick, accurate rifles. I've never owned one of these, so I may be missing something.

The M44 kicks like a mule and belches out a huge muzzle flash(which can be fun). It's loud and has a difficult safety. However it's built to club nazis all day long so good luck breaking it. Parts are dirt cheap anyways. It uses a rimmed round with an interrupter so it doesn't theoretically matter how you stack the rims, it won't screw with the feeding. Your rifle should not have the old style one-peice interrupter(unless it's an old reworked receiver) so I wouldn't expect problems with feeding. My 1898 one has the one peice and is occasionally finicky. The m44 has a permanantly mounted bayo and is zeroed with it extended, so point of impact may be off. Get an M38 or a 91/59 if you want a shorty mosin. Mosins have a short bolt handle and are usually hard to cycle, especially with laqured steel ammo. Brush your chamber with a good bronze brush and some mineral spirits to get any dried cosmoline out and you shouldn't have many problems.

Don't know what cosmo is? It's awful smelly thick grease pretty much every milsurp is coated in. Heat, paint thinner, gasoline, WD-40 and elbow grease work well to get it out. You can put metal parts in the oven on low and cook a lot of it out and wipe it.

The 24/47 mauser is pretty much like any other large ring mauser. Simple, reliable, easy to work the action. The mauser and mosin are a crapshoot as for accuracy when compared to each other. They are essentially comparable, but the mauser is the most user-friendly between the two. The K-31 should be able to outshoot either.

Also consider an Enfield of some kind. Stay away from Ishapore rifles and the .308 caliber ones. Anything made in india as a rule, sucks. Enfields have a slicker action than the mausers, and depending on the Mark have interesting features. The really late ones had the trigger assembly attached to the stock, so depending on the weather, you trigger pull will differ. They can also be really accurate if you get a tight one, but again, a crap shoot.

I'll try to rank them if I can in different categories.

Accuracy: K31, enfield, Mosin, Mauser assuming the best from each. Enfields usually vary a bit more than the others.

User friendly action: K31, Enfield, Mauser, Mosin the Mosin is the only one I would consider to have "bad" ergonomics.

Durability: Mosin, Enfield, Mauser, K31. The mauser and enfield are debatable, the enfiled will run with more crap in it, but has more fragile parts. You can use a mosin for a tent pole.

Ask the canuks about the enfield, they'd have more experiance. Depending on you intentions and price range, there's a lot out there for military rifles.

Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 8:40pm
thanks a lot. that was a lot of help. all i'd be doing is just target shooting. i'm looking on aimsurplus. i would love to have a garand, but thats a little out of my price range.
polished internals
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 9:22pm
If i buy a vintace ww2
BAR, what are the chances ill destroy an 8000 dollar gun by tying to shoot it? lol
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 9:39pm
i have no idea. and one more question, trying to find it on the internet but having a hard time. does the mosin nagant m44 take stripper clips, or is there just a built in area in the gun they are stored? Thanks again. you dont know how much of a help this is.
polished internals
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic