Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zune Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zune Review
    Posted: 18 November 2006 at 7:33pm
Now I know alot of you are gonna just comment and say ZOMG TEH iPOD IS TEH AWESOME!!11!!!1!! but just listen. I read the reviews about the zune and expected a few problems but I really havent come across any.

Software - Installing was very easy, I didnt have multiple crashes or even one. Everything installed in a few minutes and was pretty simple. I had no problem syncing it to my 360 and e-mail. Everything went fine, not one problem. I should also mention I downloaded the program from the internet, I didnt use the install disc.

The Radio - Great quality, picks up stations better than my stereo does. Its really easy to use too, you can make presets and the interface is pretty nice. Like the ipod it keeps playing when your browsing the settings menu or whatever.

Music - Great sound quality, you can change a few things in settings to customize your experience or whatever. I love how it shows the album cover in the background and the time elapsed bar is better looking than the ipods. It displays the artist info like the ipod but instead of fading and scrolling it just lists it at the bottom of the screen. After about a minute the screen turns off to save power, you can however change the backlight time.

Video - Im pretty impressed with how nice the screen is. I hear it isnt as good as the ipod but I cant tell what the difference is. The videos play very quickly and the controls are pretty easy. Since it plays on its side the Zune switches the volume controls accordingly, no need to worry about figuring out how it works while just listening to audio. It came with a few videos that from what I hear cant be deleted but take up very little space. I dont know why they added the 11 minute video of nature but ok Microsoft.

Pictures - I havent upoaded any pictures of my own yet but the preset ones are very nice. It really shows how good the screen is. Pictures are easily accessed like music and video. They can be played in a slideshow or seperatley. Not much to really say about pictures, I mean theyre only pics. You get the idea.

Zune Marketplace - Ok, while it is pretty good I will have to say this is where apple beats Microsoft. Not because it temporarily lacks video but just because it takes a little more getting use to than itunes. Im not saying its bad, in fact its actually pretty good. It recognizes and syncs songs, videos and pics instantly. Its pretty easy to navigate and doesnt look to bad either. I like the 14 day free trial idea too, unlimited downloads that expire in 14 days. Everything takes a bit of getting use to but then again so did itunes.

Accessories - I got my basic stuff here, pouch, usb adapter, headphones, etc but what I dont have is wall charger. Now I called Microsoft and asked them about this since, at least I thought, I saw on their site that it comes with one. Apparently not but its not a major loss. I can always get a discount at my work. Headphones are pretty good, I never liked the ear bud idea but they still look nice.

So from what Ive seen this is definetley a worth while MP3 player. I dont miss my ipod at all. I havent tryed the whole wifi thing yet or uploading videos but from what I can tell its not hard at all. Ipod has its advantages in some areas but the Zune is definetley a worthy opponent. I say if you dont mind the size (hardly a complaint) or the fact that its made by Microsoft you should definetley get one. I guess I might as well score it out of 10... um, how about an 8.5/10.
pimptastik View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Forum Wearer of Stupid Clothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimptastik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

ZOMG TEH iPOD IS TEH AWESOME!!11!!!1!!
<no ginormous sigs please>
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by pimptastik pimptastik wrote:

ZOMG TEH iPOD IS TEH AWESOME!!11!!!1!!

Funky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Pants? I dont need no stinking pants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 7:49pm
I mean, it boils down to an MP3 player that works, is nicely featured, etc.

If you use iTunes, get an Ipod, if you don't, the world is your oyster.

It's far from an iPod killer, perhaps closer to a relative of the iPod.

Edited by Funky - 18 November 2006 at 7:49pm

"Don't you hate pants?"
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 8:03pm
My screen > j00r screen.
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 8:09pm
we need pics
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by youm0nt youm0nt wrote:

we need pics
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 8:18pm
I can but it would be from a cell phone so quality will suck. I have to wait til christmas til I get my camera.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 8:34pm

I can but it would be from a cell phone so quality will suck. I have to wait til christmas til I get my camera.
DO IT ANYWAY
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 8:52pm

I can get better pics with my gfs camera but it'll be in a day or 2.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 8:59pm

I can get better pics with my gfs camera but it'll be in a day or 2.

hah thats itunes exactly but with reversed menus. looks like it even uses the same fonts.

disturbed sucks bty (and dont look at my sig)

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 9:07pm

There, and carl, I dont care what music you like or dislike. I dont base my library off of what other people listen to.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 9:15pm
No thanks, microsoft. I'll stick with creatives and ipods.

98cboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98cboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 10:29pm
Who's steve445 btw he's signed off right now.
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 10:53pm
yea that ... means thats not his full screnn name but hes my friend. Hes also got a NICE 1971 LTD with a 429
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 11:19pm
Yer pics ain't workin
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Yer pics ain't workin
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 12:18am
OXYCONTIN IN MY SYSTEM, MAN IM FEELIN KINDA STRANGE.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 12:32am

There, and carl, I dont care what music you like or dislike. I dont base my library off of what other people listen to.
i think you need to buy new panties, those are too tight.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 9:20am
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

i think you need to buy new panties, those are too tight.

Sorry, thanks though!! I'll try to fix the pics, dont know why they arent workin though. Look Im not the kind of person that cares what other people listen to, you want to listen to clay aiken be my guest, I could care less. Its like you guys say about reality shows, live your own damn life not someone elses.

Edited by Bounty - 19 November 2006 at 9:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic