FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zune launched today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 9:00pm
I have 4th gen 20 gig, and its only recently starting to have problems, which could very well be caused by my headphones. Kinda sucks, but I'm planning on upgrading anyways.
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Jack Carver Jack Carver wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Enos, dont forget the fact that the Zune doesnt support music downloaded from microsofts own service...

Yeah, it's kinda weird.... you'd think that music bought through Zune Marketplace would work on the Zune. Oh wait

He was probably referring to MSN music downloads.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 9:38pm
Yeah I was just being a smart-ass about it. Sorry 
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 10:01pm
My third gen 15g ipod is still ticking (literally ), I may replace the battery even.
And for awhile, I thought I'd replace it with the Zune, just cause I think the brown one is dead sexy. But now...
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

My third gen 15g ipod is still ticking (literally ), I may replace the battery even.
And for awhile, I thought I'd replace it with the Zune, just cause I think the brown one is dead sexy. But now...

...you dont want a turd?
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by travis75 travis75 wrote:

...you dont want a turd?
Hey, I still think it's sexy, but the software issues = Not cool.
And I really don't care about the wireless at all.
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 10:25pm

......the wireless at all......

Yeah me too.

If it had full wifi (as in internet and more)  i might have thought about it....

...but then again, it IS a microsoft product...
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

Im actually goin out to get one
tonight, Im tired of having to buy a new ipod every year and only fit 200
songs on my 4gb piece of junk. Ive had a bad experience with ipods and
right now Id rather deal with faulty software than faulty hardware.

Except apple will cover it if its hardware, and it borks "every year" as you
say. And stop being cheap and get something bigger than 4 gigs, or
shutup and dont complain about lacking space.
I thought about
getting an ipod but apple didnt do anything about the hardware problem
when I asked them to fix it. This happened twice. My battery constantly
dies at random times on the first and second ipods Ive owned and
everyone else has the same problems with them. Why would I buy a new
more expensive ipod if the ones Ive had didnt work. Wheres the logic in
that?

ok first off everthing has its problems....and i mean everything even apple
makes mistakes. but the first question is how much did you use your first
ipods with the messed up batteries and whe you got it did you charge it
all the way and then let the battery die all the way. If not thats part of
your problem and your own fault because you didnt let the ipod orientate
its self. also you only fit 200 songs on your for gig are you retarded that
is literaly a fraction of the space a 4 gig has i myself have 600 songs on
mine and it says im a little over half way full. Honestly i also have to say if
you cant figure your ipod out (i mean come on my grandma can figure her
ipod out) then how are you going to deal with all the software problems
on you zune. By the way last little not if you think your ipod has to few
songs then imagine half of those on your zune because you have to fill
the rest of it up with patches
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 10:50pm
Does it not Sync with WMP as a PlaysforSure device? I must say I do see quite a bit of Microsoft bashing in this thread, especially from people who haven't used the Zune at all. Chewp, does it really take every reply being negative, sarcastic and full of spite to make you feel secure? Apple will always sell more mp3 players than Microsoft will. Fact is someone came out with a device and you are all dogging it before you or anyone here gets to use one and report first hand. I think the screen size is neat and the wireless transfer would have been nice if they didn't DRM the hell out of the files. But let's focus here, you can send pictures to other people and keep them however long you want/view them as much as you want. Let's keep an open mind and let the product perform before shutting it out, ok guys?
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Let's keep an open mind and let the product perform before shutting it out, ok guys?

But...

...that goes against the elitist nature. We simply can't do that.

Originally posted by reifidom reifidom wrote:

Yeah, my ipod was tricky to get working...all that plugging it in.

The trickiest part was reading that tiny little number on the back.

Yeah, I agree, I had my iSkin on it at the time, so I had to take it back off. Is that like a crash?

I'm pretty sure I had to type a few things.

I may as well have stomped on it.

Edited by Gatyr - 14 November 2006 at 11:03pm
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 11:04pm
No, it won't work with PlaysForSure, and that's what a lot of the negativity has been about. But Zune Marketplace has it's own rental-service, so couldn't those people just cancel their PFS subscription and get a "Zune Pass" and re-download everything. Is that what you'd have to do? I admit I don't really bother to figure out how the subscription stuff works. It would be a hassle too.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 11:08pm
I won't own a Zune just for all the DRM hell they put you through. Not to be an ass, but I will not pay someone to listen to music I have(legal or not).

DRM angers me, but I woud like to test one and see what the hardware is about.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 11:25pm
Does it not Sync with TV as a Recording device? I must say I do see quite a bit of RCA bashing in this thread, especially from people who haven't used the VCR at all. FreshpPrince does it really take every reply being negative, sarcastic and full of spite to make you feel secure? Zenith will always sell more VCR's than RCA will. Fact is someone came out with a device and you are all dogging it before you or anyone here gets to use one and report first hand. I think the screen size is neat and the wireless transfer would have been nice if they didn't fail the hell out of the tape. But let's focus here, you can send tape to other people and keep them however long you want/view them as much as you want. Let's keep an open mind and let the product perform before shutting it out, ok guys?

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 11:34pm
I saw one today and messed with it, it was pwn.  That is all.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Galm </\> Zero View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galm </\> Zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 9:50am

I changed my mind....

FTW!!

For after all what's man in nature? A central point in between nothing & all, infinitely far from understanding either.

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 9:54am
Who actualy uses CD players any more?

Let alone JVC, Junk Vexing Crap.

Honestly.

Edited by *Stealth* - 15 November 2006 at 9:55am
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Galm </\> Zero View Drop Down

Guested - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galm </\> Zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 10:09am
It's sarcasm buddy. Either way I still don't see the point in spending all of that money on an audio device. The most I've spent was 60 bucks on my 2 gig sansa the one I have now, same one I've had for a year.
For after all what's man in nature? A central point in between nothing & all, infinitely far from understanding either.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Does it not Sync with TV as a Recording device? I must say I do see quite a bit of RCA bashing in this thread, especially from people who haven't used the VCR at all. FreshpPrince does it really take every reply being negative, sarcastic and full of spite to make you feel secure? Zenith will always sell more VCR's than RCA will. Fact is someone came out with a device and you are all dogging it before you or anyone here gets to use one and report first hand. I think the screen size is neat and the wireless transfer would have been nice if they didn't fail the hell out of the tape. But let's focus here, you can send tape to other people and keep them however long you want/view them as much as you want. Let's keep an open mind and let the product perform before shutting it out, ok guys?

Epic win!
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 1:53pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 2:01pm
Yeah who would imagine an OS in the RC2 stage would have incompatibility... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic