FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zune launched today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 3:40pm
Yeah I was gonna mention how they tried the software on other PC's and it seems to work fine. Having set up a few on display at work *BestBuy* everything went fine. I had no issues with the software and anyone and everyone who has any Microsoft product on their PC is already used to the Registration process. I have no complaints other than the fact that the Zune is a bit thicker than I thought it would be. Oh, and there are no cool ways to integrate it in to your car stereo besides an AUX jack.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 3:55pm
Who wants a player full of DRM and other restrictive trash?

Idiots, apparently.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 4:00pm
"Songs wirelessly transferred from one Zune to another can only be played three times. After three days, the song expires – regardless of whether or not it has been played. Just playing half the song (or one minute, whichever comes first) counts as one “play.” You can never resend a song to the same friend, nor can a song received from someone else be passed on to a third person. These limitations apply to all files, including copyright-free self-recorded songs and similar."

dmp4892. View Drop Down
guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 4:02pm
I'll stick with iPods.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 5:03pm
Creative Zen Micro FTW.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 5:08pm
I went and looked at them today, the screen size is pretty sweet, and it feels more durable.  I MIGHT HAVE TO BUY ONE LOL
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Who wants a player full of DRM and other restrictive trash?Idiots, apparently.

Enos, dont forget the fact that the Zune doesnt support music downloaded from microsofts own service...
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Jack Carver Jack Carver wrote:

like apple fanboys would like to believe.

It is not just the Apple fanboys.  Us Microsoft h8 boyz want you to believe it as well.
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 6:02pm
thanks for the links.the comments are hilarious
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 6:31pm

ipods ftw, no software issues + my own content = pwnsauce
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 6:41pm

Who wants a player full of DRM and other restrictive trash?

Idiots, apparently.

BINGO!

crippled wifi FTW!

EDIT  it seems more ipods and ipod nanos were sold than zunes.

Edited by travis75 - 14 November 2006 at 6:50pm
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by travis75 travis75 wrote:

BINGO!crippled wifi FTW!EDIT it seems more ipods and ipod nanos were sold than zunes.

you're surprised?
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by travis75 travis75 wrote:

BINGO!crippled wifi FTW!EDIT it seems more ipods and ipod nanos were sold than zunes.

you're surprised?

Not really.   Also, on engadget, there are several fishy comments about how good the zune is.     Fishy as in microsoft using robots to make spam posts.    Check it out:

"My girlfriend and I both bought zunes today at Best Buy. After we installed the software (worked flawlessy on xp pro on both our notebooks). We started downloading the crap out of the marketplace with our subscriptions. I just met her a hour ago at a coffee shop and we sent each other some songs to test everything out. A bunch of people kept asking us what we were using and what the hell we were doing. It was pretty cool. I am not a big fan of the 3 x 3 plan, but if you have the subscription package on marketplace, its not a big deal at all since all songs are free (just your $15 fee per month)."

There are several very similar to that, emphasizing the whole "welcome to the social" tagline.
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 7:01pm
Im actually goin out to get one tonight, Im tired of having to buy a new ipod every year and only fit 200 songs on my 4gb piece of junk. Ive had a bad experience with ipods and right now Id rather deal with faulty software than faulty hardware.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

Im actually goin out to get one tonight, Im tired of having to buy a new ipod every year and only fit 200 songs on my 4gb piece of junk. Ive had a bad experience with ipods and right now Id rather deal with faulty software than faulty hardware.

Except apple will cover it if its hardware, and it borks "every year" as you say. And stop being cheap and get something bigger than 4 gigs, or shutup and dont complain about lacking space.
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 7:16pm

You should get a toshiba gigabeat: s.     They are about the same as a zune, but with out all the microsoft.

Or buy a better ipod.
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 8:18pm

Enos, dont forget the fact that the Zune doesnt support music downloaded from microsofts own service...

Yeah, it's kinda weird.... you'd think that music bought through Zune Marketplace would work on the Zune. Oh wait
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 8:43pm

Except apple will cover it if its hardware, and it borks "every year" as you say. And stop being cheap and get something bigger than 4 gigs, or shutup and dont complain about lacking space.

I thought about getting an ipod but apple didnt do anything about the hardware problem when I asked them to fix it. This happened twice. My battery constantly dies at random times on the first and second ipods Ive owned and everyone else has the same problems with them. Why would I buy a new more expensive ipod if the ones Ive had didnt work. Wheres the logic in that?
super_gman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_gman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 8:48pm

You don't need to get a new iPod every year. Just get one larger than 4 gigs and hang on to it for several years. I have a 4th gen one that I have had very few issues with since I got it 2 and a half years ago.

Zerglet.
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by super_gman super_gman wrote:

You don't need to get a new iPod every year. Just get one larger than 4 gigs and hang on to it for several years. I have a 4th gen one that I have had very few issues with since I got it 2 and a half years ago.

I didnt get a new one every year because they didnt hold enough songs, I got new ones because they kept breaking. Battery problems mainly (randomly turned off, life kept getting shorter, etc) and and in one instance never turned back on again. I have to say I love itunes though, possibly the best music service out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic