Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Al-200--Good idea??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
98customx-ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98customx-ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Al-200--Good idea??
    Posted: 13 November 2006 at 10:28pm

Ok...the other day i bought a Tippmann AL-200 loader for $35. i was pumped. ok, so the continuous feed thing scared me a bit, but i needed a fast loader so i didn't dry fire. I put the thing on, and the o-rings didnt hold fast. so i put tape on it. that worked and i got into a game.......i turned it on, pumped for that first shot. i looked in my hopper and realized it was half empty. i looked at the barrel and paint was falling out of my barrel!! here, since the feed never stops, the ball stop was being pushed down and paint was rolling out!! i lost about 300 paintballs that day. I'm dissappointed with this. Any body else's thoughts?

kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 10:38pm
well that seem like a huge design flaw honestly. If i were you i would take
back the hopper send a note to tippmann saying you had a bad
expierience with it then go get a ricochet or whatever because 300
paintballs is at least 4 bucks depending on what kind of paint you were
using.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 11:06pm
no, check your Ball dendant first. Make sure it's good. Then check the loader, all my current guns have cyclones so I don't know much about Tippmann's new hoppers.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 11:24pm

"Let's blame the hopper for spitting paint out the barrel because I didn't have my detent in correctly!"

Srsly. Even if it were an eyed hopper, it would've done that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98customx-ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 3:45pm

alright...first off...i'm not a newb, i've played for 6 years, i know when my ball detents in right. second, i'm not a rich boy, so i dont have money to blow on $150 hoppers, so there goes that "eyed" hopper.

the spin design on the hopper also chopped a few in the hopper, so i can't return it now. i need ideas for a cheap, good hopper. preferably under $50

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 4:40pm

Just because you've been playing 6 years doesn't mean you have a clue about the sport.

Hybrid wasn't suggesting get an eyed hopper, he's saying even if you had one, it would have done the same thing.

So you've been playing for 6 years, have you been using the same gun? If so, it's definately time for new detents.

By the way: VL Revolution: has eyes, costs < $40

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 5:24pm
Holy crap what paint were you using?
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 6:34pm
Either you're using peas for paint, or your latch/detent is worn out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98customx-ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 3:55pm

i meant no harm, hybrid. sorry if it seemed so. I was using Procaps, and i have been using the same gun setup for 4 years. i took the hopper off and used a regular hopper, and no paint rolled out, so i believe the detent is good.

where can i buy a good VL Revolution?

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 4:10pm

A does not follow from B.

Just because you don't have rollouts with gravity feed doesn't mean that the detent isn't the problem.  The powerfeed puts more pressure on the balls, obviously.

Detents to wear out, and the are the culprit in 99% of rollouts.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98customx-ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 4:17pm

I'll have to replace my detent. is there anywhere that i can get i cheap one. i looked and the cheapest i could find was around $7. i hope that stops the rolling. I'll probably look into the Revolution.

Thanks!

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 4:30pm

The Revvy (Revolution) has many advantages, such as agitation and eyes, but it does have some downfalls. While it does agitate the hopper, it can only feed as fast as gravity will allow. This is an average of 14 or so BPS, which for the most part is fine. If you ever get any faster, you'll need to look into a faster, force-feed hopper, like the one you've got or an eVlution (Eggy). Eggs are cheap at around $60-70, but they break like glass. I'd suggest throwing in a bit more to get a Halo off of Pbnation.com or something.

Keep in mind, like Clark said, the detent will need to be replaced to use a force feed hopper.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 6:10pm
Tippmann may send you a new one if you call them and ask em.
an94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 1:19am

If you are still getting roll outs, try doing the double detent mod. Im quessing you have a 98.

I got my egg II for $30, its like new. & eggs are speed adjustable.

1 paintball gun package=$150
1 case of paint=$50
air & entry fee=$15
lighting up newbies all day long= Priceless

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98customx-ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 3:56pm
whered you get your egg II for thirty bucks?
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 4:13pm

www.pbnation.com

They have a trading/selling area there where you can get a lot of good stuff for cheap. You have to keep your eye out for scammers though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98customx-ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 7:10pm
how can you find out a scammer? i dont wanna get ripped off
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 7:19pm

Check their feedback, or ask for a 3rd party. If the detent is the problem, a new hopper wont help,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98customx-ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 7:35pm
yeah, but when i do get a new detent. what hopper would you suggest, hybrid? i know halo b's are amazing, but i dont have money for one. i just need a low end cheap one. i hate dry firing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 7:54pm
Eggs are ok.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic