Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 Internal Upgrades???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
(FI)K-9COP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 Internal Upgrades???
    Posted: 11 November 2006 at 12:52pm

Any suggestions? When I bought my gun, I had all the external mods installed but still thinking of changing the internal guts (springs and other internal parts...), for added preformance. Are there any suggestions? As of right now, its all stock. I'm going to change the barrel to a flatline but wanted to see if there are any internal upgrades that I could buy for added distance other than the barrel. Thx for your help

Who's your Daddy!!!
NC sect.8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC sect.8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2006 at 1:00pm
The Rufus Dawg venturi bolt works wonder for accuracy. That's all I've done so far internally to my A-5. The rest is aftermarket add ons and cosmetic stuff.
A-5
Lapco Bigshot w/can
APP remote
Rufus Dawg Bolt
E-Trigger
Vortex
Polished Guts
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2006 at 1:12pm

The general consensus is that there are no aftermarket internals that improve performance.  The sole exception would be spring kits - a carefully sized drive spring can improve efficiency.

There are no non-barrel upgrades for Tippmanns that will extend range, given the same muzzle velocity.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2006 at 1:13pm
Ok great,any other suggestions?

Edited by (FI)K-9COP - 11 November 2006 at 1:15pm
Who's your Daddy!!!
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2006 at 1:17pm

I have tried various spring arrangements and RVAs.  RVAs are better, generally, because they allow for careful adjustment, but you can't use one since you have a stock on your gun.

You can try Maddmann spring kits, or you can just cut a couple of loops off your regular drive spring.

The drive springs that come with the gun are generally too strong - a weaker/shorter spring will waste less gas for each shot.  Just make sure that you have enough pressure to fully operate the gun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2006 at 1:22pm
Sounds good, Thx Rambino, I'll take all the advice I can get.
Who's your Daddy!!!
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2006 at 4:50pm

If you talk to Bruce Frank he might admit that he has tried almost every internal mod - I think I remember him saying that...  I know for sure he had the Rufus Dawg bolt and he said it improved his accuracy. - I listen to that guy cause he knows a lot.

Anyway when I had asked about better internals I had already bought the Shocktech Delrin front bolt with the internal o-ring. 

Anyway, I decided that I'd get the Wiked bolt after talking with Bruce. Others on the forum had mentioned how great the DOP Aluminum powertube is.

So I decided I'd buy it all and test it for myself. So I bought the RD wiked bolt as I said because of Bruce.  And accuracy was improved! This is my personal opinion. It didn't change much when I used crappy hot box paint that didn't match my bore size though.  

The DOP aluminum powertube came in the mail not long after (which came with it's own delrin front bolt - some versions come with aluminum bolts).  I tried it with the stock bolt and with it's own delrin bolt and with the shocktech bolt. The accuracy wasn't improved a very noticible amount (maybe slightly) the best results were with the DOP powertube and the shocktech bolt with internal oring - it was a perfect fit too.

But the rear hammer could slide into the powertube much easier than it could slide into the plastic powertube, and therefore it leads me to beleive that the movement of the internals was a slight bit faster (although I didn't pay attention much to that) - but it would make perfect sense. Also the velocity went up about 20 fps more - does this mean the air efficiency was better? maybe. And finally there is no chance that it will break or crack like the plastic powertubes.

So eventually I will I'm mod the Aluminum Powertube to fit the front wiked bolt and I will be in un-charted territory!!

Anyway, despite others saying internals don't change a thing, I think the RD wiked bolt is a good choice and so is the Dead On Paintball Aluminum Powertube.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2006 at 2:22pm
Thanks alot Phil, I will probably take your advise.
Who's your Daddy!!!
Ashdawg View Drop Down
Official Forum Drama Queen of the Night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2006 at 3:44pm
vortex mod for your cyclone maybe?
"Too close for missles, switching to guns..."
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2006 at 4:45pm

Originally posted by Ashdawg Ashdawg wrote:

vortex mod for your cyclone maybe?

I agree...  With the e-grip, it would be good to make you cyclone faster, just for insurance.  For the cyclone, you can get a QEV kit.  There are plenty of topics about this, just search around and you'll find most of the information about how they work and such.  Also, the Vortex product, although I do not know how it works as i do not own a  A-5, is supposed to speed up your cyclone feed.

Gasdrinker View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language 6/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gasdrinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2006 at 6:01pm
APE board with power shot solenoid
Vortex
QEV (a must)
Comp Air is a must after shooting 20 bps (or gun will freeze)
don't waste your cash on a flatline, buy a dye UL.
Madman spring kit (a must)
a case of evil paint for much practice.

have fun :P
Tippmann A-5/Zeus G1
E-Grip /w APE board
QEV
Vortex
Flatline
Dye UL 14 in.
R5 Hopper
Lapco offset rail with Tac Light/Scope
OpsGear MP5 Sliding Stock
OpsGear MP5 Mag kit
SpecOps Front grip
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2006 at 7:47pm

Originally posted by Gasdrinker Gasdrinker wrote:

APE board with power shot solenoid
Vortex
QEV (a must)
Comp Air is a must after shooting 20 bps (or gun will freeze)
don't waste your cash on a flatline, buy a dye UL.
Madman spring kit (a must)
a case of evil paint for much practice.

have fun :P

Agreed, except for the dye UL, i think they are way overpriced for what you get, considering you only got a single bore.  For the same price, you could buy a J&J edge kit and have 4 different bore'd backs and have a really decent barrel.

phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2006 at 10:03pm

Originally posted by (FI)K-9COP (FI)K-9COP wrote:

Thanks alot Phil, I will probably take your advise.

No problem I'm glad I could be of help to you.

Although I recently pissed off Bruce A. Frank - (one of the people I respect most in these forums) ... I gave a stupid response to someone about sticking their finger in the feed hole and firing when aired up.  (I was just joking of course).

But I ticked him off enough that he mentioned something about how I should be kicked off the forums permanently.  I don't think he has the authority to kick me off but if I do get booted off, I'm glad that I could give some advice on here and have someone that appreciates it before my time is over.

So thank you too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2006 at 11:18pm

My gun wont freeze, it's on air with a remote

Who's your Daddy!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 11:38am

I know the feeling Phil, I have another post (show your gun section), and people are getting upset that I have a video on there,showing me shooting my son. There having a problem with the motorcycle helmet as head protection. Understandable that they dont want a kid to get hurt, but he plays the game and has been shot before. I just take the remarks as... good people dont want to see a kid getting hurt. Good group of paintballers to be associated with.

Who's your Daddy!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (FI)K-9COP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 7:40pm
Anything else?
Who's your Daddy!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic