Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So... Anyone else disapointed in the x7?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So... Anyone else disapointed in the x7?
    Posted: 08 November 2006 at 5:04pm
I really think it's a terrible idea, and instead of tippmann re-thinking and making a new better design... it's an a-5 with body kits...

basically only good for milsimmers... it's only incouraging people to make there gun look real, instead of making their gun work well.

More noobs to pwn for me i guess?
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 5:13pm
i have the same feeling as you, to many people will have one and it will take the fun out of milsim because nearly most milsim players will own the x7 and will stop making their own unique style
what?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 5:16pm
Yeah, that's something i thought of too, instead of people being original (in the small sence they are now) everyone will just have different variations of the x7, and individuality will be lost even moreso than with the 98 and the a-5.  Atleast with those you were encouraged to do your own paintjob, or do SOMETHING to personalize it... now they give just enough options so people will already feel as though it's personalized.... it'll just end up being like the people with m4-a5's or m4-98s.

I would take a triumph over one of these things.

Edited by RavenGuard - 08 November 2006 at 9:05pm
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 5:38pm
what's the difference between this, and a lot of people shooting A-5s with spec ops crap on it?

nothing.

I like it.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 5:40pm
I like the idea, though I agree it's not that original.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 5:47pm
I love it when people drag out soap boxes and make a grand spectacle of making Uninformed Statements about things they really dont know a thing about.

Have you held it? Seen it? taken it appart ect ect? to know it's not a better design than the A-5? Just because it has a cyclone in my experience the best loader for any rec/woods ball out there. With the Soaring popularity of Scenario & Big Games why not market towards that crowd that has been the Die Hard Back bone of the Tippmann Player base?

This reminds me of the "why the model 98 is soo gonna stink because it's made from molded halves unlike the milled Recievers of the Carbines" arguments of old. Now the Model 98 has been the Backbone of Paintball Scenario and recreational games for almost 7 plus years.

To quote my Platoon Sargent, Make sure your mind is loaded before you shoot off your mouth...
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 5:48pm
well... why change something (read as: the internals) if they work just fine.  look at kingman, timmies, and even the matrix line of markers... their internals stay pretty much the same.  granted, the matrix guns do go through some changes, but mostly to make the gun smaller.  timmies, except for the newer ones have all of the same type of internals and same with kingman. 

if it isn't broken, don't fix it. 
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 5:52pm
I think that the X7 is basically showing the influence that specops is having on tippmann as a company. look at the components available: they are almost all identical to specops stuff.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 5:56pm

I think PCF hit it.  It's not like any other gun has been through a major redesign recently.  Most people are keeping the guts more or less the same while revamping the "outsides".

I like the X7.  A lot.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 6:14pm

i would like it more if they released origional mods instead of the m4/ak stuff.

theres nothing really origional for it imo

granted, it will sell tons

and who says you can't do millsim and performance

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

This reminds me of the "why the model 98 is soo gonna stink because it's made from molded halves unlike the milled Recievers of the Carbines" arguments of old.

The A5 is just a 98 with a soupcan on the side!
pattison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

This reminds me of the "why the model 98 is soo gonna stink because it's made from molded halves unlike the milled Recievers of the Carbines" arguments of old.

a carbine with a cyclone would fix everything
Eat The Brisket
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by pattison pattison wrote:

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

a carbine with a cyclone would fix everything

lol Factory F/A
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 7:43pm

Woah. RavenGaurd. Where have you been.

And, I just don't like this or the triumph.

Thinking about it...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 9:04pm
i dunno, the forum life wasn't fitting in for a while there.  since then i've gone to two big wasaga beach games and completed my a-5 setup.

Anyways, i still haven't seen an argument to change my mind on this one.  I don't like how it looks at all, and I still think it diverts people even further from being original.  It's obviously going to be no better than the a-5 stock, aside from the improved cyclone, but you're paying extra for that and it's an unnoticable difference in my opinion anyways, 15bps is plenty in my opinion, anything over is just me showing off :P

Sure it'll work, and it'll be a decent gun, it's a Tippmann, but the fact that it IS no different from the people who get an a-5 or a 98 and put all the specops and ops gear crap on it, it is infact encouraging it, and i personally don't like it.  Firstly, because i KNOW that these people will get this gun, spend $800 on it, and it'll b the coolest thing in the world, but be running stock with co2...  Secondly, i know a decent amount about firearms, and i'm completely against making paintball guns into half-breed milsim guns.  I can't stand seeing someone with an mp5 front shroud and an AK magazine.

I'm not questioning Tippmann on their decision, it was the most obvious next step for them, and their goal is to make money and gain customers, but i just know i'm going to hate this gun at the local fields more than i can't stand ions lol.

I guess this problem would be around without the x7... it just doesnt help it.

Sorry if i offended anyone, some of you obviously have your forum tempers on (hopefully FORUM tempers), but this is just my opinion, and i'm not the only one who prefers performance over asthetics.

Originally posted by Ilford Rule Ilford Rule wrote:

I think that the X7 is basically showing the influence that specops is having on tippmann as a company. look at the components available: they are almost all identical to specops stuff.

and Ilford at first i didn't catch this but it looks like you may not know that specops partnered with tippann to make this marker... all the plastic mod parts have specops labels on them... but i could have just understood what you said wrong, if so, my bad ;)

Edited by RavenGuard - 08 November 2006 at 9:10pm
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
i type slow View Drop Down
I need a thesaurus. & Spam Strike 2 6/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i type slow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 9:29pm
i think it looks awsome, but EVRYONE will have one.

i wish somone would buy one and let us see its internals

the handle looks kinda glossy.

but hay i dont think tippmann is going to put out a crappy gun so you guys should stop bashing it.

besides that EVRYONE already has a 98 or a-5.
^^correct me if im wrong^^

search before you post!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 9:30pm

i play at wasaga once-twice per year... in my opinion their old field was better

where do you live?

anyone else see this becoming like a woodsball ion?

and i believe you did misunderstand him.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

i play at wasaga once-twice per year... in my opinion their old field was better

where do you live?

anyone else see this becoming like a woodsball ion?

and i believe you did misunderstand him.

i live in mississauga, my home field is paintball nation.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 9:45pm

i have never played at paintball nation though i bought my apex there.

i live in grimsby, near hamilton.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 12:57am

I lost all faith in the company when it came out with the custom pro.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic