Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So... Anyone else disapointed in the x7?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Paintball isn't young per se, but I agree. New tippmann is lame-o.

Actually it is young, compare it to football, soccer, baseball, tennis, bad mitten, golf, basketball, and hocckey and you will see some of these sports are almost ancient compared to paintball.....even the mainstream sports now adays are 2 to 3 times older than paintball. The difference is how fast technology has rapidly developed in the past 20 yrs, which has affected everything from how we live to how we play.

This X7 was definitely a lack of innovation...sure the Tippmann CVX valve is among one of the studiest and most reliable valve and hammer setups there is, so I understand keeping that, but the rest of the x-7 is just a cosmetic upgrade it seems from an A-5. I understand the fact that Scenario ball and woods ball are coming back in a big way, but lets take a look at something. The SPPL still relies on massive amounts of paint slinging in order to win....so what is the diferrence between playing that or on a air ball field? NOt much, size and number of players is about it since the pro ballers downsized the teams from 10 to 7.

Ok Milsim guys how many rounds do you honestly think a a soldier carries on him. It is not the 1200+ rounds you carry on your super duper vests. If you truly want to go milsim the closest you are going to get is stockless pump/limited paint and air games.

Maybe I am going a bit off subject, but it seems to me that the manufactures keep vomiting these paint hoses at us.

When I play scenarios, I have a certain setup I run, I have a Palmer Typhoon, with a 15 rnd springfeed, it is back bottle, and I use a 13ci/3000psi tank. I get approximately 180 shots off of that tank, when I start the game I have 15 rnds in the gun, and 16 10 rnd tubes in my LBV. So total I carry is 160 rnds in plus 15 in gun. And it works. I do get stares, but I can play all day and keep going. So there is other alternatives to paint hoses out there.

If you want to make your A-5 more milsim, try one of the tac caps for it that limits the cyclone to only 30 rnds, run a small light tank, and use 10 rnd tubes to carry your paint, or you can make pods that hold 30. You will have a blast and be even closer to true milsim than many others and you will be able to keep playing much much longer since you are not carrying 30lbs of extra weight on your body.

ok rant is over

Edited by mobius_1 - 10 November 2006 at 7:41pm
"Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron."

-C.S. Lewis
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 7:24pm
^^^That's called a tangent. It touches the topic briefly, then flies off in its own direction.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2006 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by mobius_1 mobius_1 wrote:

Ok Milsim guys how many rounds do you honestly think a a soldier carries on him.  

180 rounds for the M16, upped to 240 in advanced threat conditions. 1100 was the basic issue for the M60.  

When I play scenarios, I have a certain setup I run, I have a Palmer Typhoon, with a 15 rnd springfeed, it is back bottle, and I use a 13ci/3000psi tank . . . . when I start the game I have 15 rnds in the gun, and 16 10 rnd tubes in my LBV.

It's a very nice setup. (I use a 6 oz tank and a 45 round hopper on my Phantom and carry 4 10 round tubes for reloading.)

Edited note: I am reserving judgement on the X7 until more information is available. I probably won't get one, but only because I already have to many markers.

Totally unrelated edited note: I wish someone would make a 45 round electric hopper, it would be fun for limited paint games.

Edited by Mack - 11 November 2006 at 5:21pm
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2006 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Ok Milsim guys how many rounds do you honestly think a a soldier carries on him.   <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">180 rounds for the M16, upped to 240 in advanced threat conditions. 1100 was the basic issue for the M60.   </span>When I play scenarios, I have a certain setup I run, I have a Palmer Typhoon, with a 15 rnd springfeed, it is back bottle, and I use a 13ci/3000psi tank . . . . when I start the game I have 15 rnds in the gun, and 16 10 rnd tubes in my LBV.<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">It's a very nice setup. (I use a 6 oz tank and a 45 round hopper on my Phantom and carry 4 10 round tubes for reloading.)</span>
Edited note: I am reserving judgement on the X7 until more information is available. I probably won't get one, but only because I already have to many markers. Totally unrelated edited note: I wish someone would make a 45 round electric hopper, it would be fun for limited paint games.

Thanks, for the compliment. I agree a nice electro 45 rnd hop would be a nice choice. AS you stated the reg riffleman carries under 300 rnds. You figure one hopper of paint is equivalent to a rifle man's load. Obviously you saw guy is not your standard rifle man, and in paintball...it seems that the companies are trying to set that as the standard, where in essence if you wanted to play a true scenario, you would have mostly rifle man with small numbers a of saw gunners....as it stands now it is the reverse.

-C.S. Lewis
fut004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fut004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 4:58pm

Obviously you saw guy is not your standard rifle man, and in paintball...it seems that the companies are trying to set that as the standard, where in essence if you wanted to play a true scenario, you would have mostly rifle man with small numbers a of saw gunners....as it stands now it is the reverse.

Probably because the PB companies know that the more paint people "waste" while out on the field is another few cents in their pocket. More Paint used per game =  More Profit.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2006 at 11:37pm
Keep in mind that the biggest benefit offered by this marker to the MilSim community is a new receiver to work with, designed form the ground up with modularity and modification in mind.

I don't give half a crap what Tippmann and SpecOps release for it. What I want to see is what Engler comes up with, or what some of our machinists over at MilSimOG make in terms of aftermarket parts. The potential for this marker to be the basis of all kinds of new custom mods is HUGE.

There's no need for great technological improvement. For woodsball/milsim play, Tippmann has a solid system that works and has a solid reputation.

What this marker will also do is foster interest in the MilSim style of play, which will in turn feed more money back into the MilSim portion of the market as interest increases and other companies jump on the bus.

As far as I'm concerned any new development, any push in a new direction is a good thing for our sport. If the X7 doesn't look perfectly like a UMP, so what? Most of the kids will like it, and if gets more of 'em in the woods, so much the better.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2006 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by fut004 fut004 wrote:

Obviously you saw guy is not your standard rifle man, and in paintball...it seems that the companies are trying to set that as the standard, where in essence if you wanted to play a true scenario, you would have mostly rifle man with small numbers a of saw gunners....as it stands now it is the reverse.

Probably because the PB companies know that the more paint people "waste" while out on the field is another few cents in their pocket. More Paint used per game =  More Profit.

Well yes that is the obvious reason. Also the reason that paint is so much cheaper than it was say 15 years ago or more. Simple econoimics.

I do not mean to step on any toes, I do not care if it is a perfect replica of something. I just would have liked to seen some more innovation put forth into this. I play a bit of everything myself, but my heart is in the deep woods. That is where the game becomes truley thrilling, so if it gets more out into the woods, so be it.

-C.S. Lewis
p_p_b_h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p_p_b_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 3:25pm
meh the new cyclone looks good, i like the reaised sites, the a5 1s r 2 hard 2 line up with a stock n a big mask, n i like soe of the custimizations but ya its pretty much just trying 2 get at a larger market, like what they did withthe triumph series.... havnt seen any1 use it or says its good, they just want more money....who dosnt tho?
Snick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2006 at 9:01pm

Personally, I find it really funny how everyone reacts when something new comes out.

Everyone says the Tippmann needs to come out with some New technology that will change the way people look at paintball. Tippmann releases the C-3 that threw everyone through a loop with the fact it uses propane and gets thousands and thousands of shots per tank. and what happens? everyone complains saying "why does it have to be a pump?" "they should find a way to make it into a semi-auto!" they expect everything to happen instantly

Everyone says that Tippmann needs to come out with a cheap effective speedball gun. Tippmann releases the Triumph, everyone complains that its to cheap and nothing new, is the same old system Tippmann has used in the past with their effective CVX valve and Hammer system.

Everyone says that Tippmann needs to do what they do best, woodsball. Tippmann releases the X-7 with the help of SpecOps to appeal to the Milsimballers who were saying they need something easier to do something with than the A-5 which they have to spend tons of money on for aftermarker cosmetic junk from OpsGear. and what happens, everyone else besides the milsimers cry bloody murder for "making an A-5 clone that appeals to milsim players."

I can only wait till Tippmann annouces the release of a new gun that basicly comes stock as an E-bolted-Low pressure kitted, centerfeed 98. Everyone will cry saying "its a 98 with an LPK and E-bolt WAHAHAHA!!!! we wanted something 'new'!!!"

and guess what, if Tippmann came out with a new high-end electro-pneumatic gun that wasnt like the above everyone would scream saying its a "Tippy-Timmy" or "its just like any of the other high end electros"

all in all, you all need to realize when they give you what you ask for and stop crying.

Edited by Snick - 17 November 2006 at 9:05pm
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2006 at 9:16pm
Well, I am sure it will be a good and reliable gun, it is a tippmann afterall. I think alot of people just want to see something fresh, and this platform still seems to be a carry over, nothing really new to it other than ease of installation for milsim parts.

-C.S. Lewis
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2006 at 10:29pm
I just see another base gun that will require additional add-ons to become what the player wants, nothing more. Yes Tippmann is attempting to seperate the two very distinct markets, but did not make that much of a leap.

Held it, looked at it, and just shrugged the shoulders.

It is still basically a painthose, appealing to the sit and shoot howitzer arced long ranged battles that paintball calls mil-sim.

Go with the 30 round short caps, small air systems, bring the game back to the roots and truely seperate the two markets, till then basically paintball mil-sim is still just a version of speedball spray and pray, without the combat pajamas.

Edited by oldsoldier - 17 November 2006 at 10:30pm
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2006 at 11:11pm
Funny, When I play paintball I see Fire and Manuever. I see an agressive game of communication and Firepower and Movement. The true "MILSIM " Hardcore rules paintball is inefective and almost ridiculous. Since Paintball Markers dont behave like Real Weapons, no more than Airsoft Markers do. While we all can pretend and close our eyes. The reality isnt there. Paintball has 'never left it's roots' games are still played by friends in secluded wooded areas. Now a large established industry employing thousands of people. Part fo it even makes prime time TV as a Sporting Event. Durring the Warmer Months and some Brave souls durring the Colder Months still take on the Field wearing Cammoflauge engaged in skirmishes.

The Future of Paintball isnt the Speedball Player in ESPN, not all of us are that good to compete in those circuits. Not is the MILSIM guy with the Teeny Hopper Low Crawling under a Bush. The Future of Paintball is a lot like the SPECOPS protrait of the woodsball player. A Mix of Both. With the Agressive rate of fire and Bold Moves of the Speedball players and the Technology of Cammoflauge, Communications, tactics and fieldcraft of Woodsplayers.

Just like Warfare evolved with the Invention of the Machine Gun. And more recently the High Speed Mobility of Combat have yet again redined Combat. You cant judge the future of anything by being stuck on the past. Doing so only leaves you obsolete and in the dust. Like Darwins Law ... evolve or become extinct.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2006 at 11:33pm
My complaint on the system is that is is not that large a leap into the mil-sim market, other than a few internal changes and a cosmetic makeover of the A5. Has potential for what can be accomplished but the added costs to get what you want to me is a little over the top. Market complete systems at a better cost than a base marker and piecing it together at a higher per piece gross cost.

The 20m game will be the limiting factor, and the high firepower keeps a good majority of the engagements down to a sit and shoot event with the few knowledgable in the true techniques moving. There is a good potential for fun in that world.

I just moved on to a more re-enactment form of mil-sim, and a slightly greater range factor. And being less mobile with age sitting back at range with a 450fps M14 gives me more time to shoot and move. Another reason I left, I can no longer move as I used to in paintball.

Edited by oldsoldier - 17 November 2006 at 11:41pm
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 12:22am
So there is a few improvements over the a-5 with this gun.

I think the problem here has been that, with Tippmann's jump to the A-5 from the 98 it was like a whole new world opening up. With the X7, it is not giving that same type of feeling.

-C.S. Lewis
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 2:41am
Well, whatever.  We know it will perform as well as a tippmann, and all that jazz.  I guess the lesson is, as much as we all love tippmann, they ARE there to make money.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Snick Snick wrote:

Personally, I find it really funny how everyone reacts when something new comes out.

Everyone says the Tippmann needs to come out with some New technology that will change the way people look at paintball. Tippmann releases the C-3 that threw everyone through a loop with the fact it uses propane and gets thousands and thousands of shots per tank. and what happens? everyone complains saying "why does it have to be a pump?" "they should find a way to make it into a semi-auto!" they expect everything to happen instantly

Everyone says that Tippmann needs to come out with a cheap effective speedball gun. Tippmann releases the Triumph, everyone complains that its to cheap and nothing new, is the same old system Tippmann has used in the past with their effective CVX valve and Hammer system.

Everyone says that Tippmann needs to do what they do best, woodsball. Tippmann releases the X-7 with the help of SpecOps to appeal to the Milsimballers who were saying they need something easier to do something with than the A-5 which they have to spend tons of money on for aftermarker cosmetic junk from OpsGear. and what happens, everyone else besides the milsimers cry bloody murder for "making an A-5 clone that appeals to milsim players."

I can only wait till Tippmann annouces the release of a new gun that basicly comes stock as an E-bolted-Low pressure kitted, centerfeed 98. Everyone will cry saying "its a 98 with an LPK and E-bolt WAHAHAHA!!!! we wanted something 'new'!!!"

and guess what, if Tippmann came out with a new high-end electro-pneumatic gun that wasnt like the above everyone would scream saying its a "Tippy-Timmy" or "its just like any of the other high end electros"

all in all, you all need to realize when they give you what you ask for and stop crying.

Newton's third law: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

You can't make everyone happy.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 2:59am
That is not what Newton was referring to.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 3:04am

true but....

the words work

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 3:09am
I'm pretty sure our reaction is less significant and meaningful than their action.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 3:25am

no

we are the people who they depend on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic