Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So... Anyone else disapointed in the x7?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 1:05am

I was excited about the CPro. The E-Grip at an affordable price was nice. Never got one though. Then, it just kinda went downhill from there. I actually like the X7 though.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 1:30am
I saw the CP as a rehash of a 7 year old gun. I was really hoping for something new. By the time the C3 came out, it was too late for me.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 2:45pm

My dad likes the X7, but, hes more of a milsim type of person that plays speedball with me and my friends.

I dont really like it, but of course others will, and because it can be bought with all the stuff together on it, im sure it will sell like crazy for christmas.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Gravesend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravesend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 4:04pm
I haven't seen it in action yet so I will reserve my opinions for later but from what I can see, it doesn't seem anything special.  I think the X-7 would be very appealing to a new emerging paintball crowd but to veterans like so many of us it doesn't seem like anything special.
Rock Slide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Well, my player card says Iím an <KRL> !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Slide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 6:24pm
And who says you have to modify it at all?  Or modify it with only the parts provided?  I'm sure there are those out there that can come up with "something new"...  After all, that's what we do.
I bring annihilation

and cheap red wine!
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 6:31pm
Get used to it, TIppmann isnt the same anymore.

And as far as the deal with their new markers looking alike, thats nothing new.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Rock Slide Rock Slide wrote:

And who says you have to modify it at all?  Or modify it with only the parts provided?  I'm sure there are those out there that can come up with "something new"...  After all, that's what we do.

Yeah, too bad more people weren't like that though.

And i personally love the custom pro, i plan to get one someday.  Maybe even custom make an ebolt for it, if I don't do that with my a-5.

I also have dreams of an ebolted and milled speedball a-5.  It'll still have a cyclone, i don't care what anyone says! :P
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by RavenGuard RavenGuard wrote:

Originally posted by Rock Slide Rock Slide wrote:

And who says you have to modify it at all? Or modify it with only the parts provided? I'm sure there are those out there that can come up with "something new"... After all, that's what we do.
Yeah, too bad more people weren't like that though.And i personally love the custom pro, i plan to get one someday. Maybe even custom make an ebolt for it, if I don't do that with my a-5.I also have dreams of an ebolted and milled speedball a-5. It'll still have a cyclone, i don't care what anyone says! :P

I had that dream once. Except I was going to drill a hole off the top and make it centerfeed. The mill all that extra crap of the A-5, get a Palmers reg, and some other stuff.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 9:40pm

I HAVE A DREAMSICLE!

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 10:54pm
Seeing as paintball is still a young sport is still developing rapidly, and the pace at which it is changing is only getting faster, I think this would be the marker that Tippy would go with. Though I would like to see a new pump on the market. The C3 I guess is ok....but something about propane right next to me isn't so attractive and I am a welder and use flammable gasses all the time.

here is a nice example of a custom Tippy, sl-68 II with a a-5 flatline, shroud milled, pwdercoated, and wood highlights. Made by Ken at K&P Customs
KPCS All I can say is wow does that thing shot, when I saw it used it was the best performance from a flatline I have seen before.

If tippmann wants to get on the wagon again, they should look at the fact pumps are coming back, and coming back strong.
"Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron."

-C.S. Lewis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 11:34pm
Paintball isn't young per se, but I agree. New tippmann is lame-o.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 11:58pm
yeah tippmann should make a high quality pump
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
i type slow View Drop Down
I need a thesaurus. & Spam Strike 2 6/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i type slow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 1:13am
^^^ that would be cool
^^correct me if im wrong^^

search before you post!
fut004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fut004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 10:28am

I think the X7 was a  waste of development time.
They could have made all those "custom" parts to fit the A5 and the M98... Then made a new gun all together.

This thing is an A5 with a fancy Cyclone, and it actually weighs more.
Besides, take the Cyclone from it with the "Enhanced Performance" and throw it on an A5.. There ya go, yer up that 5bps that the X7 claims to have.

I hope that everybody else goes and gets one, it'll just make the M98's and the A5's a little more special out on the field.

Waste of time, waste of effort. They should have come up with a new Gun altogether, not rip-off their other gun.

Edited by fut004 - 10 November 2006 at 10:47am
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 4:55pm
It wasnt just tippmann that made this. This is part of the Tippmann Spec ops joint relationship
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Awesomeman View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Slur 11/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesomeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 4:57pm
ya exactly, and %#$@ yes im gonna get one. attach my dam grenade launcher to it and im set.

Edited by Rock Slide - 10 November 2006 at 5:21pm
Tippmann A5, Flatline RIS shroud, RT, AVS Laser, Napco Red dot scope, M4 sliding stock, G36k Mag kit, Rased rail sight...

AWESOMEMAN RULES
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 5:25pm

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

It wasnt just tippmann that made this. This is part of the Tippmann Spec ops joint relationship

Which just adds to my repulsion.

Awesomeman View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Slur 11/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesomeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 5:31pm
caz ur <poopy>

Edited by Rambino - 10 November 2006 at 5:48pm
Tippmann A5, Flatline RIS shroud, RT, AVS Laser, Napco Red dot scope, M4 sliding stock, G36k Mag kit, Rased rail sight...

AWESOMEMAN RULES
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 6:25pm
I'm so hurt.
dirtbike14455 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbike14455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2006 at 7:10pm
i think tippmann is just trying to go in a different direction
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic