FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 10:56pm

anyone see the new flatline?

overall seems like a nice gun. i like the mag placement

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Thatoneguy123 View Drop Down
...Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 11:43pm
Randomness...
Rambino, if I go to their buffalo grove office in illinois would i be able to try one oO

Edited by Thatoneguy123 - 03 November 2006 at 11:43pm
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 3:01pm

Nobody has noticed the SpecOps logo on the side of the marker have they?

I like it alot, but unless I become loaded in the near future or my marker explodes I wont be buying one. But if it is compatable I will be buying the new hopper. Smart move Tippmann. One of the very few things I liked since Tippys new CEO stepped in. Im also diggin the magnesium.

Question: Does the Tippmann family still own Tippmann, or does someone else?

Edit: The new X-7 Flatline is a top of the line barrel upgrade that can soot up to 250 feet. Patented technology creates back spin on the paintball for long and accurate shots. This new look Flatline is integrated into the marker and is a great add on accessory.

haha 

Double Edit: This would explain the A5 rebate...

Edited by SSOK - 04 November 2006 at 3:04pm
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 3:20pm
summit sports or some such owns tippmann now, I believe.
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 4:32pm
Tippmann has always had magnesium in their guns. I dont think its made out of anything different.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Article Article wrote:

Upgraded adjustable rear site helps with long range aiming

Mmmmm, Sniperlicious

All in all looks good to me, I'd be tempted to pick one up if I had time to play anymore.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Tippmann has always had magnesium in their guns. I dont think its made out of anything different.

aluminum in previous bodies.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 5:44pm
It was a pot metal.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Rock Slide Rock Slide wrote:

"Wonder how long before someone comes out with a form-fitting mask that allows you to get a cheek-weld on a stock but absorbs enough impact not to destroy your face?"

<!-- Signature -->Wouldn't that be nice...

Rock with a face as ugly as yours. Any Imapct would be an improvement.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

"Wonder how long before someone comes out with a form-fitting mask that allows you to get a cheek-weld on a stock but absorbs enough impact not to destroy your face?"

<!-- Signature -->Wouldn't that be nice...

Rock with a face as ugly as yours. Any Imapct would be an improvement.

Spec.Ops1 View Drop Down
Spec Ops Co-founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spec.Ops1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 9:09pm
Quote I like it alot, but unless I become loaded in the near future or my marker explodes I wont be buying one. But if it is compatable I will be buying the new hopper. Smart move Tippmann. One of the very few things I liked since Tippys new CEO stepped in. Im also diggin the magnesium.

Yes the hopper is compatable with the a5!

The Tippmanns still own a large portion of Tippmann Sports (how much I am not sure of)

the a5 is cast aluminum

Quote And now with the merge of spec-ops and tippy, there should be a whole mess of upgrades coming from spec-ops.

yep! all those upgrades that are available on the gun builder are built and designed by us in cooperation with tippmann.  Many more are on the way !  Oh yes... all of the products that are co-branded Tippman/SO carry the insanely great quality and a warranty that is covered and serviced by tippmann.

Quote tippmann loves taking its designs from HK (not a complaint) HK G3

Actually it's loosely inspired by the newly fielded SOCOM SCAR built by FN.  A highly moddable gun that Army Special Forces are currently using.

Read more if you are interested:http://world.guns.ru/assault/as70-e.htm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

You can get electronic, and response btw, for those who didnt notice.

And other cool things coming down the road as well ;)

Wouldn't that be nice...

Hopefully the New V-force Grille... i'll let you know next week when I check it out at worldcup.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 9:18pm

lolskisskipdilliedilldial

elvis that was too funny

Edited by Lightningbolt - 04 November 2006 at 9:42pm
Sent from a phone booth
STOcocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Forum Halo Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOcocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 9:20pm
Sweet official info. It's always nice to have someone informed around.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by STOcocker STOcocker wrote:

Sweet official info. It's always nice to have someone informed around.

I do what I can
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 10:03pm
I did check with Tippmann, and they confirmed that there will only be limited compatibility with A-5 parts.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 10:10pm

Hey, Spec.Ops1,

If it's based of the SCAR, why don't you guys make a SCAR kit? Or even an FAL kit. That would be pretty killer, and it would break away from the over-used AK and M-4 designs.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 11:36pm

yeah ak and m-16 are getting old

i would kill for a l-85

or harder to make but still cool m249

a scar kit would be really cool and i'd probably buy it

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 04 November 2006 at 11:39pm
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Jawa_Nz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jawa_Nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2006 at 5:43am
I really like what they've done here with the X7, The FN scar is awesome, and hope they decide to make a similar stock for the X7. Best thing I think is the select fire/safety switch, it just makes it look so much more realistic. I'm a bit worried about that flatline barrel though, it looks badly Photoshopped at best, maybe its just a poor quality photo.

You're definately right about AK's and M16s getting really old now, Its all XM8's, New HKs and FN p90s etc now.

This joint venture with SpecOps is definately going to be a good one, and I'm looking forward to further upgrades for the X7 and other Tippmanns later on.
People who are organised are just to lazy to look for things.
killerhalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2006 at 7:57am
lets just be glad its not a pep gun the c3 didnt sell to well the pro shop near me had one on its self sence it came out
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 1:46pm
A couple impressions.

First off, Tippmann may have succeeded in something interesting here: an 'entry level' MILSIM marker.

Ariakon, Armotech, cRap 4, etc each make markers specifically designed after one real firearm, and generally pull off the looks very well. However, you'll pay several hundred more dollars than you would for an A5.

Tippmann's made available a package that allows a decent MilSim look without as big of a price tag. It's also easily customizable for people who  want a different look, and will enjoy massive aftermarket support for parts. Mr. Engler has already confirmed over at http://www.milsimog.com that he's acquiring one ASAP and will be selling both stock and his famously custom parts for it- I can't wait to see what he comes out with. SpecOps will of course make tons of stuff as well.

This marker also has the benefit of Tippmann's solid reputation. A lot of people have never heard of Ariakon- the number of times my SIM5's been mistaken for a Tippy is incredible. Tippmann, though, is a company everyone can relate to, and say what they will, you'll never hear anyone intelligent say 'don't buy Tippmanns, they break'.

As a twist, Ariakon announced some time ago that they would be making parts for Tippmann's. None have yet been seen, but if they still plan this I wonder if they'll tackle the X7 and help people bring some true cosmetic quality to the marker.

I'm impressed with Tippmann, and wish them luck with this venture. If I were in the market for another semi auto marker I'd seriously consider this one.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic