FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

I can't see it, but from what I hear, its just an A-5 with crap on top and a better cyclone. True or not?

How can you not see it? And no, it looks more like a hair dryer style thing, with a much longer, thinner hopper.
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

I can't see it, but from what I hear, its just an A-5 with crap on top and a better cyclone. True or not?

How can you not see it? And no, it looks more like a hair dryer style thing, with a much longer, thinner hopper.

I don't have flash on my school side of my computer, and the pictures are all broken. So I will see it when I get home or something.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 1:13pm
No, he's right, it has the body style of the a-5, the same feed system(little faster), and a mag on the front for those too lazy to keep tools on a pack. Hell, it even breaks down like the a-5.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 1:22pm

I think this will make one hell of a splash when it hits the shelves.

I like the looks of it, but I'd have to put a stock on it. That gas thru-stock looks like a really good idea to me.

RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I like the looks of it, but I'd have to put a stock on it. That gas thru-stock looks like a really good idea to me.

i dont see how you can say that most kids out there that have the parents buy the markers will go for a ion or some other cheap electro because they want to shoot fast right away... and since its basically a milsim a5 i dont see it selling that much
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by RicWhic414 RicWhic414 wrote:

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

i dont see how you can say that most kids out there that have the parents buy the markers will go for a ion or some other cheap electro because they want to shoot fast right away... and since its basically a milsim a5 i dont see it selling that much

No.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 1:37pm
I suspect this will do quite well, but ric inadvertently brings up a good point - will this merely take sales away from the A-5, or will Tippmann be able to gain additional market share from competitors?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 1:43pm
ok if you can buy an a5 for 220 or this x7 for 330 which would you put your money on?
CHUFF CHUFF
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 1:56pm
Yeah....neat. I wouldn't buy it, but neat....

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 2:00pm

ok if you can buy an a5 for 220 or this x7 for 330 which would you put your money on?

depends really... if you want the availability to slap on the milsim upgrades available, i suspect that people will drop the extra money just for the ease of upgrading the gun to a mil-simish gun. 

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

depends really... if you want the availability to slap on the milsim upgrades available, i suspect that people will drop the extra money just for the ease of upgrading the gun to a mil-simish gun. 

i have an a5 but im not a huge mil sim guy but I thought that the a5's mil sim upgrades were pretty easy to put on... correct me if im wrong
CHUFF CHUFF
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 2:08pm
Some are, some are not.  The integrated rail is a pretty big deal on this, as well as the magazine.  Mainly the X7 is made with milsim in mind, so instead of squeezing an A-5 into milsim, you have a gun that was made for that from scratch.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Some are, some are not.  The integrated rail is a pretty big deal on this, as well as the magazine.  Mainly the X7 is made with milsim in mind, so instead of squeezing an A-5 into milsim, you have a gun that was made for that from scratch.

Ya I see but don't you feel like the x7 is just going to take money away from the a5 like pro said?
CHUFF CHUFF
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 4:17pm

Ya I see but don't you feel like the x7 is just going to take money away from the a5 like pro said?

No, it's aiming at two different markets.  The A-5 is more for beginner players and those just looking to have a good time with a durable gun. 

The x7 has a completely different target audience.  Often times serious milsim-ers go for Ariakon and (c)Rap-4 items.  Now Tippmann puts direct competition for these companies onto the market. It will be interesting to see which company scenario ballers(who presumably started with tippmanns) will stay loyal to....Will they continue business with companies that have made milsims for a while, or will their faith to tippmann bring the business back for that diehard Tippmann quality.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 4:38pm
Its going to be a massive hit. I'd like to see the over 1000 types.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

The A-5 is more for beginner players and those just looking to have a good time with a durable gun.

No, that was the 98/98c and still is.

I bought an A-5 to easily make it electro and shoot fast/far without breaking.
636andy636. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 10/24/07: Inappropriate Word Use

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 6:00pm
Add a stock and drop the price tag down to free and I will buy one.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 8:51pm
I definatly like the redesigned safety and the fact that they've finally just made something built to be milsimmed. I doubt I'll buy one none the less for that much more than an A-5. I'd kick arse with a stock on it, but dammit I hate remotes so much. Intruder assault foregrip instead of a mag maybe? Sure, you can't go prone but how often do you do that in paintball? Looks like the sights are even high enough to use them with a stock. Wonder how long before someone comes out with a form-fitting mask that allows you to get a cheek-weld on a stock but absorbs enough impact not to destroy your face?
Rock Slide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Well, my player card says Iím an <KRL> !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Slide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 9:40pm

"Wonder how long before someone comes out with a form-fitting mask that allows you to get a cheek-weld on a stock but absorbs enough impact not to destroy your face?"

Wouldn't that be nice...

I bring annihilation

and cheap red wine!
Ruska View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Rhymes with ... er, Tuska!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 9:43pm
Personally, I'm quite impressed/ pleased with this release. Looks/ sounds
like a well thought out, quality product. Smart move I'd say, cant wait to get
my hands on one and see how it feels/ performs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic