Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you Sen. Kerry.

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Joined: 13 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 635
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 7:13pm

Whoever that was waiting for some response to some "fact-filled" bit of trivia I can do one better.

How many forumers are there here that don't have a college education but do have stable work, don't live with mom, and don't cook french fries?

I would like to see how many options there are other than a college degree and Iraq. I know there are a few, but not many. I live in the Ohio rust belt and know for a fact that 250,000 people turned in their hardhats for blue "may I help you" aprons.

Kerry was right, deal with it. Your generation's options are bleak but you continue to support the regime making it bleaker. Say high to Al-Sadr for me!!



Edited by goodsmitty - 02 November 2006 at 7:14pm
"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Back to Top
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1421
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:

Whoever that was waiting for some response to some "fact-filled" bit of trivia I can do one better.


How many forumers are there here that don't have a college education but do have stable work, don't live with mom, and don't cook french fries?


I would like to see how many options there are other than a college degree and Iraq. I know there are a few, but not many. I live in the Ohio rust belt and know for a fact that 250,000 people turned in their hardhats for blue "may I help you" aprons.


Kerry was right, deal with it. Your generation's options are bleak but you continue to support the regime making it bleaker. Say high to Al-Sadr for me!!

not true there are many places that hire other then fast food and construction jobs, my sis is a manager at redlobster and gets payed 40 grand a year, my freind with no college degree is a diesel machanic he got all he knows from a tech school available through my high school and he recently turned down a job for 60 grand a year becsue it wasnt close to home.
Back to Top
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:

Whoever that was waiting for some response to some "fact-filled" bit of trivia I can do one better.


How many forumers are there here that don't have a college education but do have stable work, don't live with mom, and don't cook french fries?


I would like to see how many options there are other than a college degree and Iraq. I know there are a few, but not many. I live in the Ohio rust belt and know for a fact that 250,000 people turned in their hardhats for blue "may I help you" aprons.


Kerry was right, deal with it. Your generation's options are bleak but you continue to support the regime making it bleaker. Say high to Al-Sadr for me!!



regime? since when does living in a republic mean we have a regime? in 2008. he leaves. he is done with being the President. no regime. never was. the only person to ever possibly have a regime in America was George Washington when it was proposed that he be king.
Back to Top
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Neither cool nor annoying

Joined: 25 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4488
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 7:50pm
Well, the fact that we've had a rubber stamp congress and an ineffectual court  for the past 6 years may help with that definition.....When the president has so much power that it nearly kills the checks and balances function of our system, it's gettin to be a regime.

Not to mention Bush's use of his little "signing statements" as line item vetos basically circumvents any oversight the rubber stamp might try and execute anyway.....scary stuff....


Edited by .Ryan - 02 November 2006 at 7:59pm

Back to Top
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Joined: 10 June 2002
Status: Offline
Points: 6544
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 8:15pm
.ryan, why was this regime threat never an issue with both the house and senate,the court as well as the presidency in the hands and control of the Dems. I do remmmeber from history a president threatening to "stack the court" to get his desired responses and policy passed (FDR in 30's). The ramrodded "great society" legislation of the early 60's (Johnson)where no debate was allowed by the powers that be in the house and senate(the Dems).

There have been by your definition "regimes" in our past, not a unique event in american politics.

Wasn't there a movement to suspend the constitution to allow the possibility of Clinton running for third term, would that be considered the initial stages of a regime?

The more, dare I use the word, "Liberal" courts of Carter, Clinton appointees overrulings, where the "will" of the people, by democratic popular vote, of bills designed by lawyers, researched by lawyers, written by lawyers, reviewed by lawyers, but only upon its passage was the error in constitutionality found, curious.

You really need to look at the next contenders, we all need to move on, the Bush era is just about over, time to get over it and move on. We have no-one, you all have Hillary (bad move there) so what the next election cycle brings will determine the future.

Edited by oldsoldier - 02 November 2006 at 8:16pm
Back to Top
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:


Well, the fact that we've had a rubber stamp congress and an
ineffectual court for the past 6 years may help with that
definition.....When the president has so much power that it nearly
kills the checks and balances function of our system, it's gettin to be
a regime. Not to mention Bush's use of his little "signing statements" as line item vetos basically circumvents any oversight the rubber stamp might try and execute anyway.....scary stuff....


Doesnt scare me. because I know, no matter what. He leaves in 2008. Nothing will change that. What scares me. What truly scares me is the thought of us pulling out of Iraq early and what could happen. If the Iraqi security forces cant handle it and we leave. I'll be scared. That and the welfare system.
Back to Top
FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
I hate to do this in public

Joined: 09 December 2002
Location: Senegal
Status: Offline
Points: 3930
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:

Whoever that was waiting for some response to some "fact-filled" bit of trivia I can do one better.

How many forumers are there here that don't have a college education but do have stable work, don't live with mom, and don't cook french fries?

I would like to see how many options there are other than a college degree and Iraq. I know there are a few, but not many. I live in the Ohio rust belt and know for a fact that 250,000 people turned in their hardhats for blue "may I help you" aprons.

Kerry was right, deal with it. Your generation's options are bleak but you continue to support the regime making it bleaker. Say high to Al-Sadr for me!!

Oh Christ are you serious?!?  Just ONCE I'd like you to actually respond to someone calling you out on the FACTS.  Sorry, my previous post was filled with those "pesky" facts, but again, never let those get in the way of a good story or a grandstanding post.

What a joke.

I live in Ohio too, slick, and I'm not seeing what you see.  Care to site me FACTUAL articles or statistics to back up your 250,000 "blue hat" workers claim?  Or are you making that up too, like the numbers in your previous posts?

Originally posted by Absolutely ABSURD forumer Absolutely ABSURD forumer wrote:

How many forumers are there here that don't have a college education but do have stable work, don't live with mom, and don't cook french fries?

Very scientific of you professor.  Let's get a response from a forum filled with 15 yr. olds on how many have stable work and don't live with Mom and Dad.  Brilliant!  Definitely outdoing that "crazy fact post" of mine.

Really, is this the best you can do?  Why TKD ever referred to you as the "common sense Jesus", I'll never know.  But for my tastes, I'll just refer to you as Cap'n Dodge of the S.S. Blowhard.

Get Real.



Edited by FlimFlam - 02 November 2006 at 11:31pm

Back to Top
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Neither cool nor annoying

Joined: 25 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4488
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 10:13pm
OS, you did it too is not an argument....

ps
  We have Obama too...

Back to Top
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Joined: 10 June 2002
Status: Offline
Points: 6544
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 10:39pm
True, it is not an arguement, but if all your dreams come true, and in 08 we have a democratic majority in both senate, and house, and democrat president, will you see that as a regime? And will you show the same outrage as thier agenda is rammed thru with little or no debate, rubber stamped legislation, and unchecked presidential power. What becomes of the required checks and balances then? Welcome to the world of American politics and the perpetual pendulem(sp) of American politics. We were left with Carter, we swung right with Reagan, we hit a nuetral with Bush 41, we swung left with Clinton, we swung right with Bush 43, and where we go next.............?

Edited by oldsoldier - 02 November 2006 at 10:53pm
Back to Top
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Neither cool nor annoying

Joined: 25 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4488
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 10:50pm
Good point....doesn't mean I want the Reps in power, but good point. Will say though, there's a good likelihood that some of the agenda they push through will be to put some rather massive checks on presidential power, so we'll see....

Back to Top
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
~-o@

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: A comfy chair
Status: Offline
Points: 14109
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

What scares me. What truly scares me is the thought of us pulling out of Iraq early and what could happen. If the Iraqi security forces cant handle it and we leave. I'll be scared.


Why in the blue depths of quantum superposition would THAT scare you?

Its their country, not ours. If they want to be free, let them stand up for it. You know, like America did. If they just want another hate-spewing theocracy, its no skin off our backs.

Fix their oil wells for them, show them how to use them, and bug out. They have just as much chance at being sucessful as any other country.
Back to Top
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Joined: 10 June 2002
Status: Offline
Points: 6544
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 12:27am
As the last helicopter lifts off of the embasy(sp) roof sometime in 2009, and we abandon the Iraqi people to thier fate, the world will again see the limits of American fortitude, and the way of our politics. And unfortuanately the enemies of the US and the west will also take note of our lack of intestinal fortitude in world affairs, and act accordingly.
Back to Top
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Joined: 29 December 2005
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 3489
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 4:25am
I think Kerry is trolling IRL.
Back to Top
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Joined: 22 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 5:42am
Originally posted by Rico's Revenge Rico's Revenge wrote:

My bad on the age thing, please allow me to correct it... "You THINK like a 19 year old with no life experience.  

As for raking your ability to retain my leaf raking services, I'll say this slower...

P- -R- -O- -B- -A- -B- -L- -Y  N- -O- -T

wait, you work for the State of Ohio?  LOL!

D- -E- -F- -I- -N- -I- -T- -E- -L- -Y   N- -O- -T

And TDK there was no bragging or comparison as to my tenure on the forum, apperently your reading retention still needs additional improvement.  I FULLY realize how long you have been here... because I've had to read your dribble since I've been here.   What I said was that based on the time I have spent here... I have earned the right to finally get ticked off and blow some steam off.

Rico, if you are going to make fun of someone else's intellectual ability, use the word D-R-I-V-E-L not D-R-I-B-B-L-E.  So far you have been wrong about my age, income, housing status and educational level.  If you aren't already a vet, Senator Kerry may call you about sticking you somewhere.



Edited by Badsmitty - 03 November 2006 at 5:59am
Back to Top
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Joined: 13 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 635
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 6:05am

Originally posted by flimflam the angry namecaller flimflam the angry namecaller wrote:

Very scientific of you professor.  Let's get a response from a forum filled with 15 yr. olds on how many have stable work and don't live with Mom and Dad.  Brilliant!  Definitely outdoing that "crazy fact post" of mine.

Really, is this the best you can do?  Why TKD ever referred to you as the "common sense Jesus", I'll never know.  But for my tastes, I'll just refer to you as Cap'n Dodge of the S.S. Blowhard.

Then we can both agree that the vast majority here either cook frenchfries or attend college, and that their best options are college or Iraq in the near future. Glad we can agree on that.

It just struck my that Flim Flam and French Fries start with same letters. Coincidence? Since your reaction seems extremely heightened to my observations about forumers and french fry cooking jobs, I will assume not.

Originally posted by O.S. O.S. wrote:

As the last helicopter lifts off of the embasy(sp) roof sometime in 2009, and we abandon the Iraqi people to thier fate, the world will again see the limits of American fortitude, and the way of our politics. And unfortuanately the enemies of the US and the west will also take note of our lack of intestinal fortitude in world affairs, and act accordingly.

Their fate was sealed when we entered on the blatant lies offered up by your hero. Now that everyone is seeing that the whole thing is for oil, it's time to bug out. Sorry about the Iraqi luck, but it isn't the soldier's responsibility to guard pipelines, and it isn't the taxpayer's responsibility to pay for it. Every American and Iraqi death falls squarely on the namby-pamby shoulders of King George.

 



Edited by goodsmitty - 03 November 2006 at 7:41am
"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Back to Top
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Joined: 10 June 2002
Status: Offline
Points: 6544
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 6:57am
Still waiting on the oil tankers filled to the brim off our ports, so far nada. I still see the some intelligence of the "lies" based on previous administrations "lies", where the usual suspects from your side of the isle, as well as your hero Bill quoting the same "lies" till it was no longer politically expiediant. What was Bill's rational for the occasional cruise missile strike? And what information did Bills boy tuck under his shirt and run off with from the archieves?

As with Somalia now firmly in the camp of radical islam, we can resign Iraq to the same fate, only depends on which namby-pampy we like.

And I do hope George's Library looks better than an Arkansas trailer park like your hero's.

I just hope you are as critical of the next Dem in office, doubt a stellar performance from the current crop of potentials.

And good morning from fly-over country.....drugs still not workin....

Oh BTW according to ATA the major trucking companies are short @240,000 OTR drivers for current freight loads. A good start at 35-40K per year, but no-one wants to be away from home, wah...
Lets see paid training, only one year commitment for repayment, and 35-40K the downside to this is?

Edited by oldsoldier - 03 November 2006 at 7:06am
Back to Top
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 7:57am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

As the last helicopter lifts off of the embasy(sp) roof sometime in 2009, and we abandon the Iraqi people to thier fate, the world will again see the limits of American fortitude, and the way of our politics. And unfortuanately the enemies of the US and the west will also take note of our lack of intestinal fortitude in world affairs, and act accordingly.


Bingo Enos. Thats exactly why it makes me scared.
Back to Top
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
I am even less fun in person

Joined: 15 August 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 16593
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 11:12am

We managed several pages without excessive namecalling.

It would be nice if we could go back to that relative civility.

Back to Top
FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
I hate to do this in public

Joined: 09 December 2002
Location: Senegal
Status: Offline
Points: 3930
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 11:37am

Originally posted by Cap'n Dodge Cap'n Dodge wrote:

Then we can both agree that the vast majority here either cook frenchfries or attend college, and that their best options are college or Iraq in the near future. Glad we can agree on that.

A brilliant observation.  You're kidding!  Most of the 15 year olds on this forum can only get jobs cooking fries?!?  Outrageous!  And college students have to do something similar?!?  I can't believe that most college students can't get jobs as the Director of Marketing for some large corporation while they're working on their marketing degrees!  The humanity!

Their best options are high school or college.  And as my "fact-trivia" in former posts has stated, college is an option for nearly everyone that has the motivation to go.

Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:

It just struck my that Flim Flam and French Fries start with same letters. Coincidence? Since your reaction seems extremely heightened to my observations about forumers and french fry cooking jobs, I will assume not.

Hilarious!

C'mon man, you gotta have something stored away in the common sense bible there to show us all your more than a fact dodging rhetoric spewing neck hole...

Twice, I've confronted you with FACTS and asked you to support your argument with something more than rhetoric.  Twice you've changed the subject.  Still waiting for something relevant and or factual from you...

I think I better get a Snickers...


Back to Top
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 2:59pm
It didnt take long for the merchants to jump on this.

Bumper Sticker



T-Shirt

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.250 seconds.