Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stripped powertube

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
01sesedan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 01sesedan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stripped powertube
    Posted: 20 October 2006 at 10:30am

Well, the other night I was installing an expansion chamber and when it was time to but it all back together, what do you know, the screw stripped the powertube.

Now, I was thinking of tapping it out and use a larger screw.  Or, fill it with some JB and try to make the threads with the screw or lastly, (which is the option that I'm planning or going with)  Buy a new powertube. 

While searching the web I found on ebay an JCS silver powertube.  Do any of you guys have expereice with these?  Are they worth getting? I was considering this one along with a R/T trigger.

Thanks

iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 11:20am
You coundn't strip the powertube, you stripped the screw holes in the valve. You need to buy a new valve, unless there is some way to fix it that I dont know about, which may be true.
01sesedan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 01sesedan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 11:57am

Your are correct, the screw holes are messed up.

Thanks for the input.  Just want to know if the JCS is worth buying?

Davy Jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davy Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 12:27pm
Absolutely, I use the JCS Red-Hot Powertube. It actually has the velocity screw built into it, so that it NEVER loosens unless your want it too. Also adds a smoother "boom". And of course, aluminum, so you don't have to worry about it cracking. 
"Life is cruel. Why should the afterlife be any *different*? I offer you a choice. Join my crew, and postpone the judgment. One hundred years before the mast. Will ye serve?"
01sesedan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 01sesedan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 10:02pm

Is the only difference in color, the type of gun.  Silver for the 98 and Red for the A-5?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic