Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Death Penalty.

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Death Penalty.
    Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:43pm
I am doing a paper on being for it because I am for it. So what are your supportive arguements and reasons for no death penalty? The more opinions the merrier. Or however you spell that word. Just curious on the different views. I am about done with it now but I thought it would be something different for the forum.
Back to Top
Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1657
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:46pm
do your own homework
Canadians do it on top.
Back to Top
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Joined: 16 June 2002
Location: My Hiding Spot!
Status: Offline
Points: 9192
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:48pm
I am against it.
Back to Top
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:

do your own homework


If you read it. I am about done with it.
Back to Top
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Got me flowers for my birthday

Joined: 10 July 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4944
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:51pm
i would pull the switch if they let me.
Back to Top
Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1657
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:

do your own homework


If you read it. I am about done with it.

i did read it, and i still say do your own homework.
Canadians do it on top.
Back to Top
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:


Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:

do your own homework


If you read it. I am about done with it.
i did read it, and i still say do your own homework.


Then you clearly dont understand the words about done. I did not ask for help. Because I am about done with it. As in finishing touches of the paper. Nothing more to add. More like reviewing it for grammatical trash.
Back to Top
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 07 February 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 1653
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:58pm
I think with our government and legal system, the death penalty is no longer effective because it's not swift, it's not harsh, and it's not publicly visible/talked about a lot. Plus from what I've heard it's more expensive to kill somebody than to keep them in jail for life because of the entire legal mess.
I say make it end.
Back to Top
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Got me flowers for my birthday

Joined: 10 July 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4944
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:59pm

Originally posted by Jack Carver Jack Carver wrote:

I think with our government and legal system, the death penalty is no longer effective because it's not swift, it's not harsh, and it's not publicly visible/talked about a lot. Plus from what I've heard it's more expensive to kill somebody than to keep them in jail for life because of the entire legal mess.
I say make it end.

its only more expensive bc of all the legal crap and people trying to appeal. techinically, itd cost a lot of money to house them, but if our government grew a pair, a box of 50 .22 long rounds only costs about 3 bucks.

edit-they let people appeal too much, or w/e the term is. if someones convicted of a crime and given the death penalty they should do it then and there in the court room. i personally think it would serve as an example to future criminals.



Edited by GI JOES SON - 17 October 2006 at 8:01pm
Back to Top
STOcocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Forum Halo Champion

Joined: 27 October 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1599
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOcocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:04pm
I have mixed feelings about the death penalty. I don't really have a problem with it, but I also don't feel that it is the worst way to kill someone. If it were me, life in jail with no parole  would be a lot worse then being put to death.
Back to Top
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Joined: 30 July 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6120
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:10pm
Cons:

1. Never proven as a deterrent to crime.
2. People have been released from the "Death Row" as innocent.
3. People could still be on death row that are innocent.
4. Killing should not be revenged by more killing.
5. Brutalizes society.
6. Only civilized western country with death penalty.
7. Courts are discriminatory against minorities when condemning to death.
8. Killing someone should be considered to be cruel and unusual. We have rules against that.
9. Much more expensive than life in prison.
10. No chance of rehabilitation.


Pros:

???

Back to Top
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Joined: 22 October 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1281
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by pntbl freak pntbl freak wrote:

I am against it.
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
Back to Top
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Joined: 11 March 2004
Location: Turkey
Status: Offline
Points: 8102
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Cons:

1. Never proven as a deterrent to crime.
2. People have been released from the "Death Row" as innocent.
3. People could still be on death row that are innocent.
4. Killing should not be revenged by more killing.
5. Brutalizes society.
6. Only civilized western country with death penalty.
7. Courts are discriminatory against minorities when condemning to death.
8. Killing someone should be considered to be cruel and unusual. We have rules against that.
9. Much more expensive than life in prison.
10. No chance of rehabilitation.


Pros:

???


Pwned.

Death penalty sucks.


Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Cons:

1. Never proven as a deterrent to crime.
2. People have been released from the "Death Row" as innocent.
3. People could still be on death row that are innocent.
4. Killing should not be revenged by more killing.
5. Brutalizes society.
6. Only civilized western country with death penalty.
7. Courts are discriminatory against minorities when condemning to death.
8. Killing someone should be considered to be cruel and unusual. We have rules against that.
9. Much more expensive than life in prison.
10. No chance of rehabilitation.


Pros:

???

Winner.

Back to Top
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:21pm
For a Pro you could say removes the risk of a prisoner escaping from jail because they are dead
Back to Top
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
This title is just way too old

Joined: 20 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1091
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

For a Pro you could say removes the risk of a prisoner escaping from jail because they are dead


That, and I don't know how much it costs to kill someone... (shouldn't cost that much), but I don't feel like paying for some criminal's meals in prison.
Back to Top
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1421
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:26pm
im for it except for homocides where it was in self defence or say a father killed someone who killed or raped his daughter or somthing like that.
Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by  Rp Fr Rp Fr wrote:

Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

For a Pro you could say removes the risk of a prisoner escaping from jail because they are dead


That, and I don't know how much it costs to kill someone... (shouldn't cost that much), but I don't feel like paying for some criminal's meals in prison.

Killing someone costs so much money. You have no idea. And that whole criminal meals in prison deal is total crap. More money is spent each year on death penalty than on keeping prisoners fed.

Back to Top
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

im for it except for homocides where it was in self defence or say a father killed someone who killed or raped his daughter or somthing like that.


damn straight. i think rapists deserve it. especially repeat offenders.
Back to Top
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Joined: 30 July 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6120
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by  Rp Fr Rp Fr wrote:

Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

For a Pro you could say removes the risk of a prisoner escaping from jail because they are dead


That, and I don't know how much it costs to kill someone... (shouldn't cost that much), but I don't feel like paying for some criminal's meals in prison.


Common Fallacy Numero Uno.

Costs much less to house a prisoner than to execute them.



Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

im for it except for homocides where it was in self defence or say a father killed someone who killed or raped his daughter or somthing like that.


Self defense is one thing.

The other thing you mention is called Vigilantism. It is very very very detrimental to society. I cannot stress how bad it effects everything. We have a criminal justice system for a reason. Let it do it's job.



Edited by Tae Kwon Do - 17 October 2006 at 8:32pm

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.249 seconds.