Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would you use THIS GUN for speed ball?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
HammerSlag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerSlag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you use THIS GUN for speed ball?
    Posted: 16 October 2006 at 5:02pm

First off, what is speed ball, no seriously?  I have no clue.

Secondly, I was told my gun is not a good for speed ball?

98 custom, RT, Flatline, viewloader feed, remote coil.

Is it good for speed ball?  I am a big, strong guy and I can fire my gun with one hand, do you need to do that with speed ball?

Edited by HammerSlag - 16 October 2006 at 5:05pm
estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 5:12pm
Speedball is a fast paced elemionation or capture the flage game using air-bunkers. Most SB courses are 100 yards,closed in, and mirrored. And you could use your gun but it wouldn't be the best on the feild. People usually use fast,electronic gun. And holding the gun with one hand wouldn't be too helpful, I think.

Edited by estcstpnt - 16 October 2006 at 5:12pm
Thinking about it...
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 6:10pm

One handed would be bad for quick changes to shoot from one bunker to another right when someone pops out.

Your gun would slow you down in speedball unless you were playing people with your same skill and equipment, but remotes and flatlines are generally not used in speedball.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 6:51pm

The biggest problem that I see is that a Flatline 98 is very loooooong. That makes it much more difficult to tuck into small bunkers. The Flatline can be detrimental in a close range gun fight, because the balls tend to float. You will probably be outgunned as well, speedwise.  

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 8:12pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 8:38pm
No. The flatline is too inaccurate for speedball, most field don't allow a R.T on the speedball field and the coil will mess up your dives.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 8:59pm
I sure wouldnt
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 7:08am
Your set up seems more tailored for playing in the woods , Ie; Woodsball"
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 10:35am

no, RT isisnt turney legal for one, viewloader is to slow, needs an egrip...and a freak kit...or atleaste a all american...then ontop of that lose the remote line and since the 98 is already a long gun get about a 3 inch forward drop then mabye i would concider playing with it. as for the hopper...get  a center feed and put a halob or a reloader b on it

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 8:28pm
sure I'd use it.  I used to do well during open play with my 98
Sent from a phone booth
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 9:25pm
no, RT is not tourny legal.

Good entry level speedball marker is an ION. You will HPA and a decent hopper like at a minimum an EGG tho.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

no, RT is not tourny legal.

Good entry level speedball marker is an ION. You will HPA and a decent hopper like at a minimum an EGG tho.

I'm not being rude, but its a pet-peeve of mine. Its Ion, not ION. ION is the Invasion of Normandy at Skirmish.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 10:10pm
One of my pet peeves too.
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 10:13pm
^ OMG 's

ok Ion. Happy now?

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 10:21pm

Well, no, you didn't edit your first post.

Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 9:53am
lolno..i use a 98 sometimes but NEVER with a flatline..flatline is for distance u dont need that in speedball
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer

Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 1:02pm

ions are not only good entry level markers...you can compete with all of the high end markers like the matrix and angels if you really stop and think about it...the ion is smaller then them and has a lower profile...it is just as accurate and consistant, in most tourneys now the BPS is being limited to 15 so that doesnt matter, but if its not then a simple after market board can solve that problem, its centerfeed of course...you can change your grip frame to something more comfortable to you and change your body...

simplest way to get a great ion that can compete with the big boys is buy an ANS razor ion or a normal stock ion, get your barrel kit (freak or pipe), a L6 bolt or firebolt, then change your trigger and feed neck and get a QEV your done...same hopper and tank as the other markers would use...plus ions are simple and there are not too many moving parts to go wrong...and they are very air efficent(if i spelled that wrong sorry i just got back up from a 3 hour nap)...if you do a QEV on a ion and change over to a CP reg you can get 1800+ shots off of a 68ci tank...once you break the stock reg in you can get around 1200 shots, with no QEV, add that and you may get another 100-200 shots, then a L6 bolt and thats another 100-200 shots, then change over to a slightly better reg and your looking at nearly a whole case or over a case of paint per tank...which is pretty nice

ANS razor ion - 250 (has $260 worth of after marker parts on it)
QEV - 20
trigger - 15-35
L6 bolt - 55
feed neck - 25
freak kit - 140-160
CP reg - 65
68ci/4500 tank - 180
halo b w/v35 - 140

total setup at max cost = $930

not too bad really considering you will be able to keep up with markers that cost more then that right out of the box...without a tank and hopper or anything...

Edited by RaVeN - 18 October 2006 at 3:39pm

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
MilSimBaller View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 6/7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilSimBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 3:45pm

Raven pretty much said it.  The beauty of the Ion is that yes, it is an entry level marker.  But, it doesn't have to stop there.  The gun is so simple and versatile that you can upgrade it to no end.  In fact, with a barrel, feed neck, reg, QEV, bolt and trigger you'll be keeping up with guns over $1,000 for a few hundred less.  Though its not necessary, it's nice that it has the capabilities.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by  RaVeN RaVeN wrote:

ions are not only good entry level markers...you can compete with all of the high end markers like the matrix and angels if you really stop and think about it...the ion is smaller then them and has a lower profile...it is just as accurate and consistant, in most tourneys now the BPS is being limited to 15 so that doesnt matter, but if its not then a simple after market board can solve that problem, its centerfeed of course...you can change your grip frame to something more comfortable to you and change your body...

simplest way to get a great ion that can compete with the big boys is buy an ANS razor ion or a normal stock ion, get your barrel kit (freak or pipe), a L6 bolt or firebolt, then change your trigger and feed neck and get a QEV your done...same hopper and tank as the other markers would use...plus ions are simple and there are not too many moving parts to go wrong...and they are very air efficent(if i spelled that wrong sorry i just got back up from a 3 hour nap)...if you do a QEV on a ion and change over to a CP reg you can get 1800+ shots off of a 68ci tank...once you break the stock reg in you can get around 1200 shots, with no QEV, add that and you may get another 100-200 shots, then a L6 bolt and thats another 100-200 shots, then change over to a slightly better reg and your looking at nearly a whole case or over a case of paint per tank...which is pretty nice

ANS razor ion - 250 (has $260 worth of after marker parts on it)QEV - 20trigger - 15-35L6 bolt - 55feed neck - 25freak kit - 140-160CP reg - 6568ci/4500 tank - 180halo b w/v35 - 140

total setup at max cost = $930

not too bad really considering you will be able to keep up with markers that cost more then that right out of the box...without a tank and hopper or anything...

And then for 200 less, you could have gotten a Legend.
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 7:52pm
whats a legend?

Edited by RaVeN - 18 October 2006 at 7:52pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic