Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would you use THIS GUN for speed ball?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 3:18pm
My point is that you cannot equate a high end marker for less money, you may be able to clone and have almost the same performance but it won't be the same. There is a reason that markers are priced the way they are. If you could reach the same performance for less money, them the markers would be priced lower.
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 3:30pm

is that so? its all over the whole world that things are over priced...look at shoes...it costs nike 10 cents to make a pair of 250 dollor shoes...they jack the price of those markers up becuase the know people like you will buy them because they see no other alternative...

ill break this down even more, yet again...

ALL PERFORMANCE
ANS ion - 250
L6 bolt - 45
Freak kit - 150
feedneck - 25
QEV - 20
Tank - 185
Hopper - 120
Reg - 60
TOTAL - 855

ALL PERFORMNACE
Proto Matrix 6 - 725
Tank - 185
Hopper - 120
Freak Kit - 150
TOTAL - 1180

the point here is that both of these guns have the same stats on fields...shoot just as fast, just as accurate, about the same weight, they perform just as well as one another yet look at the differance in the price...

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 3:51pm
First of all the PM6 does not need a freak kit. Now the PM6 is lighter and smaller than the Ion. Its trigger is also smoother and lighter. Now for tourneys you would need to upgrade the Ion board as for the PM6 the stock board is just fine, and the Ion trigger is crap while the PM6 trigger is just fine. You never need to change the PM6 when you buy it, some may change the trigger for the shape (I like syth triggers) nothing is neede to be changed just preferences. You also forget the reg the Proto uses is $90.
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 12:11pm

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

First of all the PM6 does not need a freak kit. Now the PM6 is lighter and smaller than the Ion. Its trigger is also smoother and lighter. Now for tourneys you would need to upgrade the Ion board as for the PM6 the stock board is just fine, and the Ion trigger is crap while the PM6 trigger is just fine. You never need to change the PM6 when you buy it, some may change the trigger for the shape (I like syth triggers) nothing is neede to be changed just preferences. You also forget the reg the Proto uses is $90.

and why wouldnt it need a freak it? or atleaste a aftermarket barrel kit? does its stock barrel some how magicly conform to all paint sizes? and why would you need to up the ion board for turney? i see no reason or proff behind that...and you seem to either not know, or not remeber but the ANS ion comes with a roller trigger...which is quite nice...and you can adjust the trigger pull down to 1mm if you want to...and i know the reg is the dye one which is more money, but the CP reg performs nearly exactly the same...and $30 difference isint much when there is a already $250+ more on the proto...and i dont see how a pm6 is smaller then a ion...it has the same design for its operating system...and the older ones (06 back) are bigger then ions...and some people may like upgrading a marker and making it more personalized...which last time i checked...you couldnt really do to a proto...there are no bodys for it, or differenct trigger frames...

(btw, thats a 07 version, which costs $1000)

($250 ANS ion)

smaller...i think no...about the same size.

Edited by RaVeN - 21 October 2006 at 12:22pm

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 12:26pm

To be fair, you WOULD need to upgrade the Ion board if you were in a PSP or Xball tourney.

However, the PM6/PM5 boards are semi only, so you'd need to upgrade that too.

RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

To be fair, you WOULD need to upgrade the Ion board if you were in a PSP or Xball tourney.

However, the PM6/PM5 boards are semi only, so you'd need to upgrade that too.

oh yea! i forgot about that...thank you for that point

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 12:59pm
The PM6 barrel is great and has no reason to be changed, why fix whats not broken. Plus its a two piece, so if you can just buy backs. Next if you are going to put $600 into an Ion I hope you didn't do that all for rec play. And the PM6 is smaller from the barrel down.

So if you would minus the freak kit on the PM6 and put in a back ($40) you drop down to $1070. Then add a board to the Ion ($60) and the $30 bucks for the better reg (you want to equate don't you?) So That turns out to $945. This now leaves a $125 difference. Alot smaller than the $300 dollar difference you had, but until I can compare both side by side I will have to say that they both will probably shoot about the same.

Now I also want to mention one thing every paintballer should keep in mind when they buy a marker. Resale. The PM6 with ups can be resold for the same $700 and up. But the Ion, well you might get $500 for it.
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 5:25pm

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

The PM6 barrel is great and has no reason to be changed, why fix whats not broken. Plus its a two piece, so if you can just buy backs. Next if you are going to put $600 into an Ion I hope you didn't do that all for rec play. And the PM6 is smaller from the barrel down.

So if you would minus the freak kit on the PM6 and put in a back ($40) you drop down to $1070. Then add a board to the Ion ($60) and the $30 bucks for the better reg (you want to equate don't you?) So That turns out to $945. This now leaves a $125 difference. Alot smaller than the $300 dollar difference you had, but until I can compare both side by side I will have to say that they both will probably shoot about the same.

Now I also want to mention one thing every paintballer should keep in mind when they buy a marker. Resale. The PM6 with ups can be resold for the same $700 and up. But the Ion, well you might get $500 for it.

one back is not going to help you much when you're going around using differnt paint at games, a freak kits inserts only cost 15 each...or less...instead of 40...anyway...going onto your point about getting the better reg and board...ok...so 60 for a ion board...but...its 160 for a dm6 board...which is a big difference...MATH TIME!

lets use the PM7...since its the one you want to say is smaller and lighter then the ion...
PM7 - $1000
Tank - 185
Hopper - 120
3 backs - 120
Board - 160
TOTAL - 1585

ANS ion - 250
L6 bolt - 45
Freak kit - 150 (with 6 backs)
feedneck - 25
QEV - 20
Tank - 185
Hopper - 120
DYE Reg - 90
Board - 60
TOTAL - 945

yep...thats still a very large difference...and as far as resale goes...if your putting that much into a marker why would you want to sell it?...and there isint much a difference between a 700 resale and a 500 resale when you saved yourself over 500...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 5:37pm
I thought we were going to stick with the PM6? The PM6 is still lighter, and actually might be smaller (I'll line them up on the 28th). Now, I thought I would use the best board for the price but since you insist, I will add the $100 and now the Ion is only about $25 off from the PM6.
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 9:19pm

stick with the pm6? lol...alright fine...
img84/8485/pm6am8.png
img135/4270/ansion2ex7.jpg

alright...our markers...obviously...the ans is smaller then a pm6...but lets ignore that...weight should be about the same...so lets ignore that aswell...

lets just look at costs...

PM6 - $725
Tank - 185
Hopper - 120
3 backs - 120
Board - 160
TOTAL - 1310

ANS ion - 250
L6 bolt - 45
Freak kit - 150 (with 6 backs)
feedneck - 25
QEV - 20
Tank - 185
Hopper - 120
DYE Reg - 90
Board - 60  the tboard is better then the vitrue
TOTAL - 945

as for the rails and ASA as brought up below...ill add those...if you do a drop forward then its $20-$40for one with a ASA with on/off
(which some people may even want to do to a proto, since its the same size as an ion really...)

if you just want a ASA with on/off then its between $25-$40

so yea...thats not really much of a major investment...

Virtue Ion Board - Available now.
Modes - Semi Auto, Full Auto, PSP Ramping, NXL Full Auto, Breakout, Ramping, Auto Response
Settings - Dwell, ROF, Debounce, Dwell, Eye Sensitivity, Anti Bolt Stick, Anti Mechanical Bounce, Ramp Activation Rate, Ramp Percentage
Features - Programming through trigger, Instant on, Tourney lock, Membrane pad header.
Max ROF - Unlimited
Notes - Lifetime warranty and software updates,
Manual - Click the Tech Tab on this page
MSRP - $139.99 / 169.98 with membrane pad

Scenario Dreams T-Board - Available now
Modes - NPPL Semi, Reactive Trigger, 3 Round Burst, Full Auto, Millennium, Nitro, PSP Ramping, NXL Auto
Settings - ROF, Dwell, Debounce, Eye Delay, Force Semi, Shot Qing, After Nitro, Ramp Activation Speed, Shot to Ramp
Features - Eye alignment tool, Membrane pad header, Free software upgrades for life, RGB Led, 15bps lock, Tourney lock, Instant on
Max ROF - Unlimited
Notes - Available with or without noid. Lifetime warranty against defects and 30 days money back gaurantee.
Manual - http://www.scenariodreams.com/manuals/ion_manual.htm
MSRP - $54.99 without solenoid / $79.99 with solenoid / $89.99 with solenoid, membrane pad and adapter

alright...at this point...i think its just best if we leave it at that...you can have your own ideas about this, and i can have mine, i just hope that all of this has helped a few people out.

Edited by RaVeN - 21 October 2006 at 11:42pm

MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 10:24pm

This thread is getting to be repetitive.

Just adding in, dont forget the ion's bottomline.  VERY VERY few people keep the duckbill, and rails/on/offs arent very cheap

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Snick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2006 at 8:58am
Originally posted by  RaVeN RaVeN wrote:

stick with the pm6? lol...alright fine...
img84/8485/pm6am8.png
img135/4270/ansion2ex7.jpg

um..... looking at the pictures I would actually say the PM6 is smaller, yours forgetting to factor in the fact that the picture shows the PM6 leaning forward closer to the camera and the Ion is leaning away. to me it looks like the PM6 is (slightly) smaller than the Ion, but it is noticable enough to mention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic