Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would you use THIS GUN for speed ball?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:39pm
even with paint the L6 has close to no kick, if theres any kick at all

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Back to Top
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 November 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:40pm
Great. Now I have to fight this.

...Okay. Take a Ion, put a Blackheart, QEVs, Feedneck, Reg, trigger, grips (I hate Ion grips), and bolt. This is about $500 in total. Okay. Can I pick a marker in that price range because picking a $1000 marker would be hard to defend (and was stupid of me to try, I'm truely sorry). So I take the Sonic Cyborg. Against the Ion it beats it in efficiency (its a poppet), in speed (the baord can go 30bps). The Ion though will win in the size/weight though. Basically through all this idiotic banter I've been trying to say that High Ends> Upped Ion (except the Shocker).

And feel certainly does affect performance, most people need to feel comfortable to shoot their best.
Back to Top
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:44pm

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Great. Now I have to fight this.

...Okay. Take a Ion, put a Blackheart, QEVs, Feedneck, Reg, trigger, grips (I hate Ion grips), and bolt. This is about $500 in total. Okay. Can I pick a marker in that price range because picking a $1000 marker would be hard to defend (and was stupid of me to try, I'm truely sorry). So I take the Sonic Cyborg. Against the Ion it beats it in efficiency (its a poppet), in speed (the baord can go 30bps). The Ion though will win in the size/weight though. Basically through all this idiotic banter I've been trying to say that High Ends> Upped Ion (except the Shocker).

And feel certainly does affect performance, most people need to feel comfortable to shoot their best.

congradulations...you just proved me a nice point...the ion and the shocker share the same design, only differnece is that the shocker has 4 valves and the ion has 2...and if you can manage to walk 30 bps...then congradulations yet again...and a blackheart board isisnt needed, the stock board is fine for people who just want to play...not show off...


ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Back to Top
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 November 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by  RaVeN RaVeN wrote:

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Great. Now I have to fight this. ...Okay. Take a Ion, put a Blackheart, QEVs, Feedneck, Reg, trigger, grips (I hate Ion grips), and bolt. This is about $500 in total. Okay. Can I pick a marker in that price range because picking a $1000 marker would be hard to defend (and was stupid of me to try, I'm truely sorry). So I take the Sonic Cyborg. Against the Ion it beats it in efficiency (its a poppet), in speed (the baord can go 30bps). The Ion though will win in the size/weight though. Basically through all this idiotic banter I've been trying to say that High Ends> Upped Ion (except the Shocker). And feel certainly does affect performance, most people need to feel comfortable to shoot their best.


congradulations...you just proved me a nice point...the ion and the shocker share the same design, only differnece is that the shocker has 4 valves and the ion has 2...and if you can manage to walk 30 bps...then congradulations yet again...and a blackheart board isisnt needed, the stock board is fine for people who just want to play...not show off...


Finally someone else who agrees that the Shocker is a P.O.S. But the new ones I have to say, are a big improvent. Now they have break beam eyes and HE bolt, man I was waiting for that for a long time.
Back to Top
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Joined: 09 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 10102
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 11:02pm

My Tadao can do 45...

 

Really. It can. But that's such an irrelevant thing to point out.



Edited by hybrid-sniper - 18 October 2006 at 11:03pm
Back to Top
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 11:05pm

max dryfire bps dosent mean anything =/...spyders can do like what? 30 or more?...i had a really old black magic at one point that could do 30...and it was a $160 marker...wasnt really mine though...was borrowed...

you are not going to utilize anything beyond 20 bps in a pure semi turney...so what does it matter? most of the time you will be shooting around 15-18 at best anyway...so having massive rof with dry fire is really just a waste of air...not really going to help you at all


ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Back to Top
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 November 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 7:56am
Actually Borgs can go 30bps with paint...but thats so you can make fun videos.
Back to Top
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 8:30am
l00kz, i sh00t r0p3z wit my gat n ramp dud3!1!!

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Back to Top
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Joined: 09 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 10102
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 6:23pm

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Actually Borgs can go 30bps with paint...but thats so you can make fun videos.

And the point of that is what?

Just because Gun A can shoot 30 bps at the chrono station does not make it better than Gun B that can do 15 on the field.



Edited by hybrid-sniper - 19 October 2006 at 6:24pm
Back to Top
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 November 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Actually Borgs can go 30bps with paint...but thats so you can make fun videos.


And the point of that is what?


Just because Gun A can shoot 30 bps at the chrono station does not make it better than Gun B that can do 15 on the field.


Thus "that's so you can make fun videos". I never said you could use it on the field. But because it can cycle faster than other markers ir does make it somewhat better than other markers.
Back to Top
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 1:59am
Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Actually Borgs can go 30bps with paint...but thats so you can make fun videos.


And the point of that is what?


Just because Gun A can shoot 30 bps at the chrono station does not make it better than Gun B that can do 15 on the field.


Thus "that's so you can make fun videos". I never said you could use it on the field. But because it can cycle faster than other markers ir does make it somewhat better than other markers.

wow...you really are not helping your argument there...


ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Back to Top
woodman98 View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 18 October 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 279
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 10:51am
little off topic are we?
tippmann 98 custom
-flatline
-2x trig
and...
SP Ion
14" sp progressive
evolution2 with zboard
sp 360 QEV
q-lock
72/4500
Back to Top
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 November 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 1:15pm
The point of faster cycles is that its mechanically better. But we all know top speed cannot be used on the field. And I thought we stopped arguing a long time ago, but if we are you tell me how a $500 upped-Ion is better than a $500 Sonic Cyborg.
Back to Top
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 1:28pm

its lighter and smaller...and max rate of fire is so cheap to try and bring into a debate...stacked tube designs are capable of higher rates of fire becuase the bolt and hammer can free fly...totaly out of control, but at a high rate of fire...ions cannot do this because the bolt is under control the whole time, it never free flys...but the design of a ion and shocker actuly has more of a benifit on the field because of its size...a marker shouldnt be judges by its perforamce off the field...it should be judges by its perfromance on field...in which case...a cybord has nothing to outmatch the ion...the are just as accurate as eachother, just as fast on field, the ion is smaller and lighter...therefore it comes out on top.

as for being off topic, debates such as these may help some people who are thinking about what marker to buy next or things such as that...but as for the actual topic, that was solved within the first 5 posts...



Edited by RaVeN - 20 October 2006 at 1:31pm

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Back to Top
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 November 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 1:58pm
Well the Sonic is actually lighter at a weight of 1.8 pounds. And it is also more effiecent than the Ion. So it seems that the Ion only has profile and how much of the marker really is sticking out when you play?

Edited by jerseypaint - 20 October 2006 at 1:59pm
Back to Top
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 2:03pm

http://www.pbreview.com/products/search/q/?q=sonic+cyborg

thats all the cyborgs i see...where are you finding them for $450?


ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Back to Top
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 November 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by  RaVeN RaVeN wrote:

http://www.pbreview.com/products/search/q/?q=sonic+cyborg


thats all the cyborgs i see...where are you finding them for $450?


New they are $650. But because only one site sells them, used they go $500.

No. I misread and edited the post right after posting. The 07 is $450 for pre-order but when they come out they will be 1k.

06s go for $950 new and about $800 used.

Edited by jerseypaint - 20 October 2006 at 2:11pm
Back to Top
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 2:44pm

so really your not comparing a $200 marker to a $450 marker now are you...its more like a marker in the same range as a matrix and stuff yet again...

your not really bringing anything new to the debate...and its just draging out the same old stuff...so lets leave it at this, who ever reads over it in the future can gather what ever oponion that wish from it...



Edited by RaVeN - 20 October 2006 at 3:10pm

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Back to Top
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 November 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 2:59pm
No. The Sonic is in the $500 range the same as the DM4 is in the $500 range. Just because you cannot get them new doesn't mean that their going rate is flawed, nor is their performance hurt. Its the same marker for the same price as an upped Ion and is better. At $200 the only marker in that range to compete with the Ion and stock the Ion is a P.O.S. So I used what you were trying to prove, that an upped Ion is better than some High-Ends, and so I used a High End in the range of an upped Ion to debate with.
Back to Top
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

No. The Sonic is in the $500 range the same as the DM4 is in the $500 range. Just because you cannot get them new doesn't mean that their going rate is flawed, nor is their performance hurt. Its the same marker for the same price as an upped Ion and is better. At $200 the only marker in that range to compete with the Ion and stock the Ion is a P.O.S. So I used what you were trying to prove, that an upped Ion is better than some High-Ends, and so I used a High End in the range of an upped Ion to debate with.

i never once said that upped ions are better then high end markers...this whole time i have been trying to get the point accross that they can perform just as good as them for less money...i never said they were better

Originally posted by I I wrote:

ions can shoot just as fast, just as accurate, and just as consistantly as any other high end marker



Edited by RaVeN - 20 October 2006 at 3:14pm

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.203 seconds.