Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would you use THIS GUN for speed ball?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by  RaVeN RaVeN wrote:

whats a legend?

Legend

Edited by jerseypaint - 18 October 2006 at 8:01pm
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 7:59pm

Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

whats a legend?

Legend

broken link

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 8:01pm
FIXED.
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 8:04pm
hmmm...its an intresting gun...but it still lays in the same area as the matrixs and such...not to mention when you figured the cost being 200 less...i added in a hopper and tank...do the same for that gun and it will bring the price to about the same if not more...

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 8:08pm
It will still out perform the Ion and will be easier to maintain.
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 8:11pm

how is that so? in what way is it going to out perform an ion?

ions can shoot just as fast, just as accurate, and just as consistantly as any other high end marker

infact...the only reason im a fan of SP is because of the ion...i dont like shockers...i dont like impys...and i dont like nerves or the sp8s...the only marker they make that i like is the ion, because they have given people like me a chance to play on the same level as any $1000 marker

after watching the movies on the legend...i have these few comments to make...

• it shoots just as fast as an ion in the same modes
  • for their "simulate mode" i.e. dry firing...the ion is capable of that as well, so are a-5s when you do that one trigger mod to them to make them fully auto (the bolt free flys basicly)...thats not really impressive...its just normal for a fry flying marker...
  • why does it matter if your gun can go over 25 bps? thats worthless and your just wasiting paint...not to mention no one can walk that fast...so the only reason to have it is to show off...but in which case i would rather show someone up on the field, then talk alot about how fast it can shoot with ramping or other lame modes.

one of the funniest things i find is that over in europe...electros are only allowed to have semi auto...there is no ramping, or psp or anything like that...just all semi...i think thats the way it should be...theres no skill in anything other then semi...its just cheater tricks to make it easier for non skilled people to do the same as skilled players

Edited by RaVeN - 18 October 2006 at 8:30pm

estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 8:25pm

how is that so? in what way is it going to out perform an ion?

ions can shoot just as fast, just as accurate, and just as consistantly as any other high end marker

infact...the only reason im a fan of SP is because of the ion...i dont like shockers...i dont like impys...and i dont like nerves or the sp8s...the only marker they make that i like is the ion, because they have given people like me a chance to play on the same level as any $1000 marker

I'm all with you here Raven.Ions can be just as good as any other high end gun.

And sick video DeTrev. That's one for the myspace.

Thinking about it...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 9:05pm
If you ever held an upped Ion and then a real high-end, you will soon figure out while upping an Ion is just a waste when you are going to spend $400 or more.
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 9:10pm

meaning what?

they look close, or just about the same to me

Edited by RaVeN - 18 October 2006 at 9:13pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 9:21pm
Ever shot a PM6..then shot an upped Ion. Trust me, the upped Ion feels like crap. And even though both are spool, the PM6 or DM6 (because you showed one in your pic) will probably still have better efficiency and might even have less kick.
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 9:28pm

the ion with a L6 bolt and a qev and a CP reg and get in the area of 2000 shots per 68/4500 tank...and the razor ion has a aluminum grip frame...so i dont see how it can feel crappy...and considering that dm6 costs 1100 and the razor ion cots 250...and the ion has the 90* frame...and still accepts 45* panels and dosent require the three holes...i dont see where the dm6 is comming out on top here...

oh yea...and the L6 bolt makes the ion have NO kick what so ever...you can hold the gun with one finger under the rear part of the grip and balance it out with a tank on it...and walk the trigger and the marker will not move...

Edited by RaVeN - 18 October 2006 at 9:29pm

RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:08pm

WARNING: the video is a good demonstration of the ion...but the song and the maker of the video kinda suck, and he has a rather bad song by the bloodhound gang and he added his own picture cuts into the video...so i dont want to link directly to the video and wind up getting a strike...so go to www.youtube.com and search exactly "ion video HAHA" and watch...

also i think he started out with a low tank of air...

Edited by RaVeN - 18 October 2006 at 10:09pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:14pm
Well since we started with the Legend I will end with he Legend. Stock it comes with a roller type trigger (I've been told the feel is the same), it has a CP reg, and QEVS. Its is also Spring Return Ram and does not need an LPR. This makes it damn efficient. Sure this means a little more kick, but its a small amount. Now the Ion stock will never be able to do this, but with ups it can get close, but not be equal too. The Ion will always be less efficient and slower basically because of its spool design and will also be a bit harder to maintain. Now lets move to another spool design, the PM6. With ups the Ion could be just as effiecent, but never as fast. The when you put on a UL onto the PM6 the Ion gets blown away in speed and in weight. Now matter how much you up the Ion is will never match the sweetness of a true high-end.

...and the feeling crappy is all about how the marker fits into your hand, the Ion doesn't really feel "sexy" its kind of querky.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:16pm

Uh ok....

That was pretty run of the mill stuff right there.

Also: How does a lack of an LPR make a gun more efficient? MAtrix guns are not efficient guns so don't use them as the superior in a comparison.

Also2. 8000th post.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 18 October 2006 at 10:19pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Uh ok....

Yeah. When I rant, I really don't make sense.

Uh ok....

Also: How does a lack of an LPR make a gun more efficient? MAtrix guns are not efficient guns so don't use them as the superior in a comparison.

Also2. 8000th post.

Actually the lack of LPR just saves room, the Legend design is more effiecient then the spool design. And with the Top-Hat mod (a relatively easy mod) will actually make the Matric pretty effiecient.

Edited by jerseypaint - 18 October 2006 at 10:26pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:19pm
I was talking bout the vid. You posted while I was watching that.
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by jerseypaint jerseypaint wrote:

Well since we started with the Legend I will end with he Legend. Stock it comes with a roller type trigger so does the razor ion (I've been told the feel is the same), it has a CP reg $60, and QEVS $20. Its is also Spring Return Ram and does not need an LPR. This makes it damn efficient. Sure this means a little more kick, but its a small amount. Now the Ion stock will never be able to do this a stock ion can get 1000-1400 shots per tank...and only cost $250...as where the legen is $750...lets hope stock it out performs, but with ups it can get close, but not be equal too i dont see any evidence of this. The Ion will always be less efficient and slower how so? a marker can only shoot as fast as its hopper can feed...so as i have said before, whats it matter if it can dry fire faster? basically because of its spool design and will also be a bit harder to maintain theres only really one moving part...the bolt...so its not really that hard to keep working. Now lets move to another spool design, the PM6. With ups the Ion could be just as effiecent, but never as fast yet again...that does not matter.... The when you put on a UL onto the PM6 the Ion gets blown away in speed and in weight how light? an ion can get down to 1.6 pounds.... Now matter how much you up the Ion is will never match the sweetness of a true high-end. i am still yet to see any validation of this...all i see is the same thing being said over and over again...and me having to repeat myself...

...and the feeling crappy is all about how the marker fits into your hand, the Ion doesn't really feel "sexy" its kind of querky. wouldnt that be something that is personal preferance? not really a performance factor...

Edited by RaVeN - 18 October 2006 at 10:24pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:25pm
You barely know what a Legend is; how can you know the feel is the same?
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:26pm

Uh ok....

Also2. 8000th post.

yea...i know that...but considering it has a stock board...its decent...the only reason i really brang it up is to show that the L6 has no kick what so ever

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:27pm
Heh. There's no paint. Paint creates back pressure, which causes the gun to kick. My freakin stock hammered Angel doesn't kick when there's no paint!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic