FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sniper Barrels Vs. Flatline Barrels?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Name calling does not indicate excessive pride or self worth. It just means that the giver of said insults or "moronisms" views the recipients views with disgust.

Sure it does.  When you call somebody a name, you are being disrespectful.  You offer criticism, but not constructive criticism.  You make fun of somebody from some kind of superior vantage point.  It wasn't enough that you didn't like  or agree my style of play, you had to insult me.  Look down on me.  You obviously believe that your style of play is far better than mine.  And what better way to show it but to be insultive.  I would have to say you're the one that is conceited here, not me.

The problem is that I don't accept laying on the ground and snippering or whatever as being a way to play the game. That, along with the fact that I have seen way too many wannabes over the years/months that I have grown bored of these types of threads. That has made me... perhaps overly brutal and shortsighted.

Quote True, you can be excessively proud of yourself and bring down others because of it, but that's not the case with me. I am perfectly willing to be wrong and I am not always right, but in my experience someone who does the so-called "camp" tactic is less than a stellar player. Ie, newb/noob/whatever. Hence, my lashing. In my view it's cheap BS that a player who can't play "correctly" performs.

And see, this is the height of your conceit.  "I don't play correctly".  There is something wrong with the way I play.  I mention one tactic that I use from time to time  You don't bother to ask if it is the only tactic I use.  I assure you, it is not.  Apparantly you assume otherwise.

See last point...

Quote Generally they are very proud of thier agg pwnzor jeet taktiks. That is irritating to no end.

Ok, can you repeat that in English?  I didn't understand anything after the word 'thier' in the first sentence.

nuh aie noe reepepeet cuz ur laz nd mssng mah poynt.

For somebody that says there is a difference between conceit and name-calling, you fit the bill in both areas.  

Maybe I've grown sick of winning arguements, and so I post bait like this to let someone win... probably not, but well done. I will never accept your style as a way of playing, but perhaps I wont be so quick to bash it next time.

Josh112589 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh112589 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 12:44am
Okay. BACK TO THE BARREL QUESTION  

I have a flatline.  I don't like it very much.  It sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't.  It's a pretty picky barrel, in my opinion.  The weather affects it a lot, and the paint, of course, does also.  WHEN it works, it is awesome, but if you chop a ball you're . Haha. I have heard they are all different. (Most flatlines perform differently.)  I am thinking about selling it to buy a different barrel. Possibly a Bigshot or something. I wish the barrel worked all the time, but that hasn't been the case for me.  Don't base your opinion solely on my opinion, please! I hope this helps a little!

- Josh

"I love you,Grapey McGraperson!"
thebuickguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebuickguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 12:48am
Well i like to OSOK but for those times that I don't want to be overrun i got 3 round burst on and if the field doesn't allow it i got auto response some of you who mock waiting in a defensive position should pick up a history book every once in a while and realize ambushing your enemy is the best way to deal with him Cause A. walk on players will normally walk the paths provided if your off the path in good cover they will not notice you allowing you to rack up the hit to out ratio I like ambushing players as much as the next guy but theirs times when i want to get in the mix, and i do i'll play up or flanker but i always remember to watch the bushes carefully cause someone might be waiting in them that decided to take the smarter tactic.   Back to the barrel question Flatlines are good to 13 bps no higher after that they start shredding and you need to buy quality paint then they will float better and won't go crazy left or right, my opinion for a barrel get a j&j ceramic and get the apex put the apex on the j&j and your good to go apex does the same thing as the flatline in one of its settings buddy has one works great. wish i would have bought a apex instead of a flat line but live and learn. hope this helps in your quest

Edited by thebuickguy - 27 October 2006 at 12:52am
Tippmann A-5 SAW stock E grip
J&J Ceramic APEX tip
Spyder AMG J&J Ceramic
Tippmann 68 Carbine J&J Ceramic APEX tip
Tippmann Prolite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic