FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sniper Barrels Vs. Flatline Barrels?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 7:15pm
Sounds like a good time... laying on the ground covered in leaves waiting for newbies to walk in front of you. Wow. So amazing.
8-Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8-Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 7:23pm
lol reminds me of good times... there was a sniper off the side of a tank road picking everyone off... well me n my friend made it alive..but instead of moving along we both ran back down and ran up into the woods...he ran off lol
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

One shot one kill?

Have you ever played paintball?

There are people out there that don't exclusively play spray n' pray.

If you can sit there and sight in on someone and shoot one ball and hit them, you are playing a bunch of newbs.

Or pump (Stock Class. With a 40rd hopper I spray away).

Edited by jerseypaint - 18 October 2006 at 10:44pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 11:00pm

We both know he's not talking about pump. That's different than what he's imagining.

shooter----------------------------------------------------- -------*------ target

Not gonna happen.

vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 4:29pm

go with the flatline, i used to have mine...and wish i still had it, it was pretty accurate (oviously not at really long ranges...then its just suppressive fire)

as for the...laying down and waiting for hours/running right up into the battle...i would NEVER want to wait somewhere for hours, thats just **edited**. I'd rather get out but have tons of fun doing it then win, but sit around and do nothing for the maj. of the time

NOTE: i dont go to a field...so our games dont last anywhere near 3 hours anyway..so if i get out...eh, not a big deal..the game will probably be over soon.

novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
caspersim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caspersim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 1:11pm

I love  the guy with one-shot-one-kill!!! He doesn't believe in spray-and-pray yet he has an e-grip?

lol
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 3:59pm

spray and pray is what paintball's about (pump excluded)

in woodsball nobody who tries one shot one kill is a good player

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 7:27pm

Sounds like a good time... laying on the ground covered in leaves waiting for newbies to walk in front of you. Wow. So amazing.

That has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've seen.  Laying on the ground?  Bwahahahahah!  Hardly ever.  Lying on the ground will get you killed if somebody is running a skirmish line on you or if you get flanked.  Most of the time I'm in a crouch.  And if you consider people that have played 10+ years, belong on SWAT teams or have hunted all their lives as newbs, then you got me pegged.  I shoot newbs.  LOL!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 7:40pm

Originally posted by caspersim caspersim wrote:

I love  the guy with one-shot-one-kill!!! He doesn't believe in spray-and-pray yet he has an e-grip?

lol

I started out playing with splatmasters and pumps.  I still try to keep that mentality in the game.  One shot one kill doesn't happen very often, but it is very satisfying.  And trust me, I do throw a lot of paint depending on the circumstances.  But it can be more fun if you don't have to.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 7:52pm

That has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've seen.  Laying on the ground?  Bwahahahahah!  Hardly ever.  Lying on the ground will get you killed if somebody is running a skirmish line on you or if you get flanked.  Most of the time I'm in a crouch.  And if you consider people that have played 10+ years, belong on SWAT teams or have hunted all their lives as newbs, then you got me pegged.  I shoot newbs.  LOL!

You're kinda conceited, aren't you?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 8:41pm

You're kinda conceited, aren't you?

Not at all.  I did mention in a post that I wasn't an elite player.  I'm not.  I consider myself an average to good player.  But I wasn't the one passing judgement on a person's tactics of play.  I wasn't calling somebody a moron.  I said that one shot, one kill scenarios exist.  There are alternatives to spray and play.  Just because you have a marker that can shoot ropes of paint doesn't mean you have to in all circumstances, right?  Are you going to tell me that if you had an open shot on a nearly stationary person within 50', that you will open up on them and hit them a dozen or so times before they knew what was going on?  I would certainly hope not.  I'm not going to designate a name for somebody that does that.

Conceited.  No.  If somebody's style of play works for them I'm not going to call them a more because of it.

Edited by StormyKnight - 24 October 2006 at 8:43pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 9:02pm
There's definitely a difference between being conceited and calling it as you see it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 9:15pm

There's definitely a difference between being conceited and calling it as you see it.

Enlighten me.  What is the difference between name calling and hubris?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 10:05pm

Name calling does not indicate excessive pride or self worth. It just means that the giver of said insults or "moronisms" views the recipients views with disgust.

True, you can be excessively proud of yourself and bring down others because of it, but that's not the case with me. I am perfectly willing to be wrong and I am not always right, but in my experience someone who does the so-called "camp" tactic is less than a stellar player. Ie, newb/noob/whatever. Hence, my lashing. In my view it's cheap BS that a player who can't play "correctly" performs. Generally they are very proud of thier agg pwnzor jeet taktiks. That is irritating to no end.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 24 October 2006 at 10:08pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 11:12pm

guy he was kidding
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 12:16am
Not completely, but this is being blown way out of proportion.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 12:40am

Hybrid, you manage to make these threads a spectator sport!

<3

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 8:54am

Name calling does not indicate excessive pride or self worth. It just means that the giver of said insults or "moronisms" views the recipients views with disgust.

Sure it does.  When you call somebody a name, you are being disrespectful.  You offer criticism, but not constructive criticism.  You make fun of somebody from some kind of superior vantage point.  It wasn't enough that you didn't like  or agree my style of play, you had to insult me.  Look down on me.  You obviously believe that your style of play is far better than mine.  And what better way to show it but to be insultive.  I would have to say you're the one that is conceited here, not me.

Quote True, you can be excessively proud of yourself and bring down others because of it, but that's not the case with me. I am perfectly willing to be wrong and I am not always right, but in my experience someone who does the so-called "camp" tactic is less than a stellar player. Ie, newb/noob/whatever. Hence, my lashing. In my view it's cheap BS that a player who can't play "correctly" performs.

And see, this is the height of your conceit.  "I don't play correctly".  There is something wrong with the way I play.  I mention one tactic that I use from time to time  You don't bother to ask if it is the only tactic I use.  I assure you, it is not.  Apparantly you assume otherwise.

Quote Generally they are very proud of thier agg pwnzor jeet taktiks. That is irritating to no end.

Ok, can you repeat that in English?  I didn't understand anything after the word 'thier' in the first sentence.

For somebody that says there is a difference between conceit and name-calling, you fit the bill in both areas.  

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 8:56am
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

guy he was kidding

I don't think he was...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 5:51pm

Not completely, but this is being blown way out of proportion.
true
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic