FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bunch of Ideas ive had

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bunch of Ideas ive had
    Posted: 15 October 2006 at 2:17pm

1. Small, about 10 cubic inch Air Tanks

Instead of dragging around your 88ci 4500 PSI fiber tank, have a smaller 10ci or so fiber tank screwed in hawiian style in your ASA. You would have a larger tank sitting in your gear bag, and would refill your tank every couple of games or so. If you did the math, you could calculate the shots per fill easily too. The only bad part of this is alot of people are too moronic and would kill themselves refilling their tank. Another nice part is the smaller tank would never have to be rehydrotested. Ze law says if its under 12? ci it dosent have to be re tested. I think.

2. A .68 Caliber version of the cheezy cheap airsoft gun.

Mainly as toys. I would buy one or two just for target practice.

3. BB guns (Like the Daisy Red Ryder or Crosman 760) avalible in 6mm and .68 caliber sizes.

Yet again, for target practice. The 6mm version would be very nice because gas guns(Or my G17 anyway) get a very impressive amount of range (Farther that my Automag) and very good accuracy. Nice part is BB guns are cheap....

Just some ideas.....

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 4:06pm
they sound like good ideas, i like 2 and 3 the best.
pattison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 4:22pm
Eat The Brisket
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 4:49pm

1. They exist.

2. It would take a lot more power to move a 68 cal BB than a 6mm one. They would be heavier than a 6mm BB as well, otherwise you'd be shooting a ping-pong ball which don't fly very well. More power wont necessarily happen without raising the prices of the guns, significantly. How would the balls be loaded?

3. See point # 2.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 8:40pm
Reference point 1:

Most people want to shoot more than the 100-120 rounds you can get out of a 13 cu. in. tank. A 10 cu. in. would provide even less.

Had a couple of guys at the field who ran 13 inchers on their magazine fed mil-sim markers, they didn't get to shoot a lot.

Edited by Mack - 03 November 2006 at 12:18am
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 10:03pm

A tank of 2.5 inches in diameter or larger must be hydroed atleast every 5 years. That is the law. It could be a really long tank but very skinny and never need to be hydroed.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 10:29pm

1.done

2.bad idea nuff said

3. ive shot a .50 cal bb pistol before.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 6:47pm
dang those are some expensive tanks. i bought a steel 72/3000 from actionvillage.com for $63
Warning: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning
      Christ Krew
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 4:43pm

All of you guys are not understanding me with the tanks....

What im talking about is an extremely small and compact tank, maybe the size of a softball even. The only purpose of this is so that you can shoot only enough to empty out your hopper and a pod or two. You would then re-fill it on your own using a bigger tank after each game. The only purpose of these would be for people who like to travel super light, and dont want a remote. I know 13cu inch tanks exist too. This would never work though, because too many people are too stupid to fill their own tanks.

And carl, I know what you are talking about. Im talking about a .68 cal Daisy Red Ryder or something that dosent require Co2 or Compressed Air, that its only purpose is to shoot because its fun.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

What im talking about is an extremely small and compact tank, maybe the size of a softball even. The only purpose of this is so that you can shoot only enough to empty out your hopper and a pod or two. You would then re-fill it on your own using a bigger tank after each game. The only purpose of these would be for people who like to travel super light, and dont want a remote. I know 13cu inch tanks exist too. This would never work though, because too many people are too stupid to fill their own tanks.

And carl, I know what you are talking about. Im talking about a .68 cal Daisy Red Ryder or something that dosent require Co2 or Compressed Air, that its only purpose is to shoot because its fun.

A hopper and a pod would be about 360 rounds. That equates to a 36 ci 3k psi tank, or about a 25 ci 4.5k psi tank. And what's your point about people being too stupid to fill their own? Just give it to the dude in the shop and he'll do it. Or, buy a Scuba tank like us smart people.

This has been discussed before, and the problem is compressing the air. It would take a LOT of very difficult pumps to do the job.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2006 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

A hopper and a pod would be about 360 rounds. That equates to a 36 ci 3k psi tank, or about a 25 ci 4.5k psi tank. And what's your point about people being too stupid to fill their own? Just give it to the dude in the shop and he'll do it. Or, buy a Scuba tank like us smart people.

This has been discussed before, and the problem is compressing the air. It would take a LOT of very difficult pumps to do the job.

I was talking about using the scuba tank, and a very, very small tank for people who dont carry alot of paint. If alot of people used the scuba tank method though, I wouldnt want to be the owner of the company that produced my idea because too many people would injure themselves and sue me.

It was just a fun, creative idea. I never said it was perfect.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 7:27pm
Most of us understand the idea, we just want to be able to shoot more than 100 rounds without running out of air.
RaVeN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  RaVeN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 7:12am
yea...i dont know about most people...but having a 68 tank...is kinda nice...makes a nice prop for your sholder...so you can stabalize the marker between your sholder and forgrip, making it easier to walk...so having a 10ci tank would kill that...also...i like my hopper to run out before my tank...but thats just me

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 6:10pm
well for points 2 and 3 they are both also available...

check out Real action paintball, or the AT line (AT85, AT10 ect.) they are both mag fed paintball markers. i think RAP makes smaller cal guns .40 and .43 but ATs are .68cal.

as for a BB gun that shoots paintballs. look for an old brass eagle nightmare or any pumps made by sheridan.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2006 at 12:28pm

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Most of us understand the idea, we just want to be able to shoot more than 100 rounds without running out of air.

Same here. I was more-so leaning tword 200 but yeah......

QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 10:09pm
I have paintballs for my airsoft gun
i type slow View Drop Down
I need a thesaurus. & Spam Strike 2 6/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i type slow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 10:29pm
arent airsoft paintballs 6mm?

and i have seen paintball pistols in 40 cal.
^^correct me if im wrong^^

search before you post!
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 11:22pm
yeah mine is a 6mm
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 3:18pm

Originally posted by QcXf QcXf wrote:

I have paintballs for my airsoft gun

Airsoft=6mm Paintball=.68 caliber

i type slow View Drop Down
I need a thesaurus. & Spam Strike 2 6/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i type slow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 3:28pm
50. cal pistol

i found a 50 cal. pistol.

40 cal. pistol.

and a 40
blowguns are 40 cal. and they make paintballs for them to

heres a 6mm. pistol:

6mm. pistol.

Edited by i type slow - 04 November 2006 at 3:39pm
^^correct me if im wrong^^

search before you post!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic