Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98C trouble.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xXSniper8xX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXSniper8xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98C trouble.
    Posted: 15 October 2006 at 10:40am
Alright so i'm a noob to paintball and i revcently dissassembled my 98C and when i put it back together, it wasn't shooting correctly, after each shot i had to cock it again and the CO2 wasn't shooting like it normally has, can anyone help me?
It's best to restrain yourself from talking back to noobs, they're very territorial and easily angered. Then they will attempt to abuse you, with back up from other noobs, because they work in packs.
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 11:04am

Is your velocity screw missing ? 

Are your Valve mounting screws , the ones on the right side of the reciever above where the hose comes in at , snug ?

Did you have any "Extra parts" left over when you were done ?

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXSniper8xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 11:12am
I have one linkarm pin leftover, i just put it back together, i fired it twice and the bolt seemed to work completely fine, cokcing itself after each shot, but then after about 2 shots it stopped cocking itself
It's best to restrain yourself from talking back to noobs, they're very territorial and easily angered. Then they will attempt to abuse you, with back up from other noobs, because they work in packs.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 11:22am

Ok , dumb question , but have you oiled your marker ? , put a couple drops in where the cocking knob comes through the recievers , make sure to get some oil on the oring you can see when the marker is cocked too .

Edit: I'm assuming you put that linkage arm back in .

Edited by Shadowminion - 15 October 2006 at 11:23am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXSniper8xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 11:38am
ok so i just dissassembled my gun and i have everything in place, but the thing is i only have one linkarm pin and i'm not sure there it goes because everything else is completely put together
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 11:42am

sorry you are trying to access an image from outside...  

ok, this will help--

(Thats a model 98 custom btw--but the m98 can m98c are so similiar you can use this to help put your m98 back together as well as your m98c)  I don't have one of a procarb, a-5 etc....  this is all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXSniper8xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 12:08pm

thanks for the pic, but i think my problem might be with the sear, it doesn't look like its in the correct postion to me.

edit

do you think a bad o ring could effect this? i stipped my gun again and noticed that the o ring was cracked and extremely loose

Edited by xXSniper8xX - 15 October 2006 at 8:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic