FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

another... school shooting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: another... school shooting
    Posted: 10 October 2006 at 7:53am

Ok so I live in a tiny little hick ass town in missouri so you dont figure any gun toating maniacs are gunna come in and try to kill people. WRONG!

Yesterday morning, a 13 year old boy with a trench coat and an AK-47 walked in to memorial middle school he fired 1 round before the weapon jammed and he was apprehended. No one was hurt but he had a list in his backpack, of who he wanted to kill, and how he wanted to do it, and they found 13 differant weapons at his house.

Luckily this kid obviously was'nt a boyscout. he has 13 differant guns... and he brings 1 that is notorious for jamming... makes sence...

The president is hosting some school saftey speach thingy later on tonight.

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 8:02am
The news story.

Something is terribly wrong if we had this many shootings / attempted shootings in such a short amount of time. I guarantee that it wont be long until we have another Columbine.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 8:06am
Thanks Tolgak and yes... I highly agree.

Forum Vice President
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 8:12am
Sorry for da double post but i just remembered, the crazy amish shooting guy. Ya, that was an employee for the company my dad works for...

Forum Vice President
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 8:36am
what the crap...
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 8:43am
what is going with our kids these days  ??? 
A5 Rfs Dwg triggr
Ricochet R5
8"Lapco Bigsht/14"CP Classic
Palmers Stab.
Lapco uni-mount
DOP bullet drop fwd
PMI 88/4500

Woods
Flatline/14"Lapco Bigsht
CMI Thunder pig reg.
Remote adj. stk
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 9:09am
This one was kinda funny.

The kid didn't hit anything. And how does a 13 year old get a AK47?

jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

This one was kinda funny.The kid didn't hit anything. And how does a 13 year old get a AK47?

Off ebay.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 9:19am
I saw that on the news this morning. I was stunned.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 9:22am
I was wondering the same thing, about a kid  getting an AK47.  Thats quality parenting...

"What do you have there, Jimmy?"
"Oh this?  Its just an assault rifle."
"Well, be careful, you might put an eye out."
RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 9:23am
ebay wont sell firearms... or atleast they didnt cuz paintball guns were not allowed to be sold also cuz i guess they considered them firearms also
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 9:50am
Wonder why the parents did not have the motivation to maybe take a look (search once and awhile it is a parental thing, and a parental right by the way)at his room, maybe ask why a thier precious little 13 year old has 13 firearms? Why are we dressed like that for school?

The intitlement mentality of today's youth, it is not thier room (unless they pay the mortgage or rent) it is not thier things (unless they purchase it with thier earned moneies, not hey dad need the credit card, at that point dad bought it). So "rights" are and should be quite limited and maybe things will begin to shift back, as maybe parents start taking responsibility again, and actually parent and stop fearing this new trend in "childrens rights" (to take a weapon to school and vent on whatever percieved failure they can not cope with at the time).

I figure that most of these child behavior scientists are childless (too much time developeing thier therories, I guess) so thier actual practical application and personal expierience in the science is quite limited. For example, our two sociolgy proffesors at SCC are over 40 females, childless and unmarried, but are book experts at raising children and advocates of childrens rights, curious?

And before most of you rant off, until you are or have raised teenagers, your knowledge and actual application of your information on parental skills can and will be questioned.

Books and therories are fine, apply the human element, and they usually fall pretty flat on application.

My fun exercise in sociology was upon the statement from proffesor X that children are not born violent, it is a learned behavior. And I asked if she had kids, response no. So I gave her an experiment, place 2 2-3month old children at opposite ends of a playpen, (the children have no language, no perception of right aor wrong, etc) and then place a red ball in the center, and then tell me kids are not violent as they begin the struggle for the ball.

Children are not prejudice?, another fun exercise, myself and the professor went to the schools child care ceter, asked to assemble all the kids under 6 months in a group in the center of the room. After that we just left the room, all adults, (care watchers watched thru door windows for safety sake) and the children began to migrate around the room into racially defined groups. The little caucasions in one area, the darker skin in another, asians, and dark skined, same same. We did it two days in a row, same result. Curious?

Edited by oldsoldier - 10 October 2006 at 10:00am
§ RaVeN § View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote § RaVeN § Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 10:05am
13 years old with 13 guns...i guess he got one from his dad each year for his birthday...seriously though...13 and with a ak...obviously he didnt know how to use it either...since they are easy to unjam...which is a good thing for everyone at the school that he didnt know how too...im glad im out of school x.x...

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 10:38am

I used to live near Joplin MO...

It's not really a "tiny little hick ass town" - it's fairly large for that region.  The Ozarks are mostly full of 1-light towns, so Joplin is actually a travel destination.

I will give you "hick", though.  Which leads to OS' question about 13 guns - while I don't disagree that the parents could have done a better job of monitoring, it isn't that unusual for kids that age to have a significant firearms collection in those parts.

Witness many of our younger members here who post lengthy collections.

When I was down there, we had 2-3 guns in each truck, a 30-30 under each bed, and a couple of 20-gauges laying around the house in case some varmint came along.  And that's not counting the guns in holsters or gun safes.

So the "13 guns" part doesn't really phase me.  More surprising is the trenchcoat - that should have raised some eyebrows.  Unless things have changed a lot recently, kids don't wear trenchcoats down there.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 10:44am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

My fun exercise in sociology was upon the statement from proffesor X that children are not born violent, it is a learned behavior. And I asked if she had kids, response no. So I gave her an experiment, place 2 2-3month old children at opposite ends of a playpen, (the children have no language, no perception of right aor wrong, etc) and then place a red ball in the center, and then tell me kids are not violent as they begin the struggle for the ball.

Children are not prejudice?, another fun exercise, myself and the professor went to the schools child care ceter, asked to assemble all the kids under 6 months in a group in the center of the room. After that we just left the room, all adults, (care watchers watched thru door windows for safety sake) and the children began to migrate around the room into racially defined groups. The little caucasions in one area, the darker skin in another, asians, and dark skined, same same. We did it two days in a row, same result. Curious?

I see what you are saying... but are you saying that we are born the way we are and we can never change... we are born prejudice... i just dont see that to be true... For the two kids and a ball i was watching my two cousins playing the other day, both about the same age both can not talk, one would have a toy and the other would take it, yet the child who had it first didnt really care... yes there were more toys and there were alot of variables in my situation... but i believe that everything that happens to people effects how there are as a person... if your parents teach you how to act right most will turn out with some since of right and wrong... im not saying its all the parents but parents have to play a large part in this... yes there is some people that say if your to strick to children when they get older they will rebel which probably happens... thats why parenting is a tricky thing that not everyone should do...
anyways and with the prejudice children your test can neither conferm nor deny anything... the human brain is such a strange thing we barely no anything about it... there are so many variables in these things that even with some test they really dont mean anything
CHUFF CHUFF
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Something is terribly wrong if we had this many shootings / attempted shootings in such a short amount of time.
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 11:05am
They should shoot all those people that try that... wait... nevermind.
Thor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Mr. Pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 11:06am
UGH, I HATE it when people know nothing about weapons and post on here like it's fact.

A: You can purchase an AK replica with the bolt slightly modified so that it is incapable of firing full auto...in fact with a 7.62 cartridge and a heavier barrel and it is a rather formidable hunting rifle that looks cool.

Secondly, to the guy who started the post. AK'S ARE NOT PRONE OR NOTORIOUS FOR JAMMING.In fact, that's why they are one of the most efficient and popular weapons in the world, because they are rugged and reliable...i have seen demonstrations where they were completely filled with sand and stilled fired off a whole magazine.

The inaccuracies of it all piss me off.

The only conspicuous thing is the trenchcoat. In a country where it is ENCOURAGED to horde weapons, you should not be surprised that a 13 year old has 13 weapons.

Why are people surprised when this happens anymore.

-You've got the right to bear arms.
-You've got an increasingly angry and isolated youth with no healthy outlets.
-And a liberal media that will sew fear and descent and popularize things like this so the kid knows he'll get some airtime.

We even have the shootings over in canada, where it is much harder to get a weapon....it's the angry slothful touth man....they're dangerous.
A second class drive is always better than a first class walk.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 11:15am
/\ We have had the right to bare arms since this country has been a country... you never heard about tomas jefferson shooting up his school, or in the 50's you didnt hear about little jonny shooting up his school...maybe if the parents lock'd up there firearms and tought there kids wrong from right this wouldnt happen...
13 year olds dont have the right to bare arms... in indiana where i live at 18 you can apply for the Right To Carry Permit... at 21 you are able to purchase a firearm... so tell me how does a 13 year old get a firearm

Edited by RicWhic414 - 10 October 2006 at 11:18am
CHUFF CHUFF
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

A: You can purchase an AK replica with the bolt slightly modified so that it is incapable of firing full auto...in fact with a 7.62 cartridge and a heavier barrel and it is a rather formidable hunting rifle that looks cool.

I am fully aware you can buy these things, I just found it funny that a 13 year old had access to one, and got it for his attempted hold-off.

Usually kids just used pistols and shotguns, and AK is pretty unusual.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic