FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

another... school shooting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 11:29am

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

UGH, I HATE it when people know nothing about weapons and post on here like it's fact.

A: You can purchase an AK replica with the bolt slightly modified so that it is incapable of firing full auto...in fact with a 7.62 cartridge and a heavier barrel and it is a rather formidable hunting rifle that looks cool.

Secondly, to the guy who started the post. AK'S ARE NOT PRONE OR NOTORIOUS FOR JAMMING.In fact, that's why they are one of the most efficient and popular weapons in the world, because they are rugged and reliable...i have seen demonstrations where they were completely filled with sand and stilled fired off a whole magazine.

The inaccuracies of it all piss me off.

The only conspicuous thing is the trenchcoat. In a country where it is ENCOURAGED to horde weapons, you should not be surprised that a 13 year old has 13 weapons.

Why are people surprised when this happens anymore.

-You've got the right to bear arms.
-You've got an increasingly angry and isolated youth with no healthy outlets.
-And a liberal media that will sew fear and descent and popularize things like this so the kid knows he'll get some airtime.

We even have the shootings over in canada, where it is much harder to get a weapon....it's the angry slothful touth man....they're dangerous.

Your post irritates me.

Chinese AKs ARE known for jamming, they have sear and firing pin  issues which come from weaker material used in construction.   The Russian originals are the ones that are reknowned for their ruggesness.  Chances are the weapon used was the cheaper Chinese version which is much more readily available.   

Since when was it encouraged to horde weapons in this country?  And even if we do it is so we can protect the weak-ass Canadiens who can't do it themselves because there are only 38 people in the entire country who know how to use a firearm.

Talk about not knowing what you are talking about?   Maybe prior to popping off you should actually think about what you are typing.

"Thats right, I play pump... your girlfriend borrowed my last set of batteries."
"How many times a second are you going to miss me before I shoot you?"
Dave Ellis Rocks!!!
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 11:34am
One could argue that society does encourage the collection of much more firearms than are needed. Not to mention the amount of cheaply produced firearms that companies crank out every day of every year.

Which is ok in theory if people know how to use them. Problem is so many people here 1) Downright should not have a gun 2) Have way to many guns to start with.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 11:52am

Lets argue that... who is it that decides how many are "needed?"  

Gun Control already exists.   Was that 13 year old legally able to own a gun?   Can a 13 year old legally purchase ammunition?   No.  Was it legal for that kid to walk into a public place carrying a loaded weapon?   No.  

The point is that people who intend to carry out such retarded schemes will get the tools they require.

"Thats right, I play pump... your girlfriend borrowed my last set of batteries."
"How many times a second are you going to miss me before I shoot you?"
Dave Ellis Rocks!!!
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 11:52am

Originally posted by RicWhic414 RicWhic414 wrote:

... so tell me how does a 13 year old get a firearm

That depends on where you are.

In the Ozarks, there are two main sources - relatives and gun shows. 

I know plenty of 10-year-olds that got guns as birthday presents.  How are you supposed to go hunting without a gun?  You can't even be in the bar trap league without at least a 20-gauge.

And gun shows are generally a free-for-all.  I've never seen anybody check any kind of anything before selling a gun at a show, and I have seen plenty of guns sold to minors.  Heck, I bought a Winchester 30-30 at a show when I was 16.  No paperwork at all.  Things may have changed some since then, but I suspect not all that much.

We should also not assume that this kid owned all of those guns - some of them may have belonged to his parents, friends or family, and he was just borrowing them (or "borrowing" them).

And while the specifics may vary from place to place outside of the Ozarks, the DOJ statistics are pretty clear - most guns used in crime are obtained from friends or relatives.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Rico's Revenge Rico's Revenge wrote:

Lets argue that... who is it that decides how many are "needed?"  

Gun Control already exists.   Was that 13 year old legally able to own a gun?   Can a 13 year old legally purchase ammunition?   No.  Was it legal for that kid to walk into a public place carrying a loaded weapon?   No.  

The point is that people who intend to carry out such retarded schemes will get the tools they require.

Yes, I agree, but I think some of the problem is just how available the tools are. Cheap firearms that are mass produced.

On a further note,

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Heck, I bought a Winchester 30-30

Hey I have one of those.

Edited by Tae Kwon Do - 10 October 2006 at 11:57am

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 11:58am

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

My fun exercise in sociology was upon the statement from proffesor X that children are not born violent, it is a learned behavior. And I asked if she had kids, response no. So I gave her an experiment, place 2 2-3month old children at opposite ends of a playpen, (the children have no language, no perception of right aor wrong, etc) and then place a red ball in the center, and then tell me kids are not violent as they begin the struggle for the ball.

Children are not prejudice?, another fun exercise, myself and the professor went to the schools child care ceter, asked to assemble all the kids under 6 months in a group in the center of the room. After that we just left the room, all adults, (care watchers watched thru door windows for safety sake) and the children began to migrate around the room into racially defined groups. The little caucasions in one area, the darker skin in another, asians, and dark skined, same same. We did it two days in a row, same result. Curious?

I call shenanigans on this.

Granted that community college profs aren't exactly the cream of the crop and may bend the rules on occasion, but unless you obtained parent waivers, college ethics committee approvals, and so forth, using human subjects in experiments of this nature leads directly to dismissals and lawsuits.

I have a hard time believing that even a community college prof casually went along with this ad hoc experiment at the whim of a student.  If this experiment actually happened, there would be significant paperwork and an actual formal writeup.

I will withdraw my call of "shenanigans" if you post/link the full study writeup.

RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 12:11pm
good call clark i forgot about shenanigans i will now use that word everyday of my life because it is such a great word
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 12:12pm

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

UGH, I HATE it when people know nothing about weapons and post on here like it's fact. A: You can purchase an AK replica with the bolt slightly modified so that it is incapable of firing full auto...in fact with a 7.62 cartridge and a heavier barrel and it is a rather formidable hunting rifle that looks cool. Secondly, to the guy who started the post. AK'S ARE NOT PRONE OR NOTORIOUS FOR JAMMING.In fact, that's why they are one of the most efficient and popular weapons in the world, because they are rugged and reliable...i have seen demonstrations where they were completely filled with sand and stilled fired off a whole magazine. The inaccuracies of it all piss me off. The only conspicuous thing is the trenchcoat. In a country where it is ENCOURAGED to horde weapons, you should not be surprised that a 13 year old has 13 weapons. Why are people surprised when this happens anymore. -You've got the right to bear arms. -You've got an increasingly angry and isolated youth with no healthy outlets. -And a liberal media that will sew fear and descent and popularize things like this so the kid knows he'll get some airtime. We even have the shootings over in canada, where it is much harder to get a weapon....it's the angry slothful touth man....they're dangerous.

Your post irritates me.

Chinese AKs ARE known for jamming, they have sear and firing pin issues which come from weaker material used in construction.   The Russian originals are the ones that are reknowned for their ruggesness. Chances are the weapon used was the cheaper Chinese version which is much more readily available.   

Since when was it encouraged to horde weapons in this country? And even if we do it is so we can protect the weak-ass Canadiens who can't do it themselves because there are only 38 people in the entire country who know how to use a firearm.

Talk about not knowing what you are talking about?   Maybe prior to popping off you should actually think about what you are typing.

Your post irritates me!
There are 37 people in Canada, Frank died...show some respect.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 12:14pm

And even if we do it is so we can protect the weak-ass Canadiens who can't do it themselves because there are only 38 people in the entire country who know how to use a firearm.

Who needs firearms?  They can smother you with flannel.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

And even if we do it is so we can protect the weak-ass Canadiens who can't do it themselves because there are only 38 people in the entire country who know how to use a firearm.

Who needs firearms?  They can smother you with flannel.

Take off, eh.   They match my tuke.   Hosers...

Edited by Rico's Revenge - 10 October 2006 at 12:23pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 12:41pm

Who needs firearms? They can smother you with flannel.

Take off, eh.   They match my tuke.   Hosers...

toque, or, en francais, tuque
s'il vous plais.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 1:19pm
was is that french... i hate the french
CHUFF CHUFF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 1:28pm

was is that french... i hate the french

Pourqoui?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 1:29pm

i hate the french

*rolls eyes*

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 1:37pm

i hate the french

*rolls eyes*

But Clark, we all know the French owe us something because we saved them back in WWII. C'mon now...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 2:00pm
ive been to france... those people over there are jerks
CHUFF CHUFF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 2:04pm

So what you REALLY meant to say was "I have had bad experiences with the relatively small number of French people that I have met, but I express no opinion as to the vast majority of French people since I have had no interaction with them and generalizing based on my small sample would be foolish."

Fair enough.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 2:08pm

So what you REALLY meant to say was "I have had bad experiences with the relatively small number of French people that I have met, but I express no opinion as to the vast majority of French people since I have had no interaction with them and generalizing based on my small sample would be foolish."

Fair enough.

Yeah, but saying "France Sucks!" and re-naming french fries is quicker.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 2:14pm
Wash it down with some freedom juice and I am game, Choopie. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2006 at 2:17pm
Freedom toast anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic