FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You’ve got to be kidding me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 9:59pm
The republicans are just worried that the Democrats have a shot at becoming a majority party.
I need a new Sig...
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

photoshop
There's a video of it on the internet as well, it's not a chop.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 10:07pm
Fox ain't biased and Elvis never did no drugs!

Seriously though, if they did it on purpose or as a joke, they've just admitted to everything everyone with half a logical brain cell has been saying for years...

Apotheosis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apotheosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by blackdog144 blackdog144 wrote:

there better then communest news network...

I think you are a good example of the intelligence of the average Fox News viewer.

I take that offensively.

Yeah, they are right wing biased, but every other channel is biased towards the left wing.  Who cares?
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 10:48pm
Just because they say something that offends your right-wing sensibilities, that doesn't mean they're left-wing biased. I actually find some of their people rather conservative...Wolf for instance...just becuase they actually do the job that the media should be doing and ask hard questions instead of kiss the president's butt every time they get the chance, doesn't mean they're biased. Or maybe reality is biased.....either way....

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Apotheosis Apotheosis wrote:

but every other channel is biased towards the left wing. 

No, they are not.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 10:56pm

In all fairness, that very same blog also reported that AP made the same mistake.

I suspect a quick survey would reveal that this type of thing happens on a regular basis - this just happened to be a particularly high-profile mistake.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 3:00am
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 3:03am
Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

Elvis never did no drugs!

LOLZ
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 8:17am

I listen to Fox news radio just because it provided me with something from the other side of the table for a change....

I am also a Hannity listening right winger, but I don't believe it was an accident in this case. This isn't a new issue, but someone decided to keep it under wraps until just before an election to stain not only Foley, who deserves it, but also the republican party.

In response, Fox tries to pull a propaganda stunt by making a 'mistake' so that casual observers to the news that night would associate Foley with the wrong party. There are a lot of people out there who live under rocks and don't have too much of an idea about this whole mess, and would buy it.

I don't defend Fox news here, in fact I think its pretty apparent where their political agenda is, but they're no different from the other media networks out there doing the exact same thing from the other side of the table.

All I want is the friggin news, and what do I get? No matter what channel or station, I get politics, regardless of the story.

pattison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 8:38am

spanish language news > bbc news > all others

even though i have no idea what they are saying, i like how they will show some crazy stuff on spanish language news.
people getting shot and blown up etc.

watch them words.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 05 October 2006 at 8:43am
Eat The Brisket
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

In response, Fox tries to pull a propaganda stunt by making a 'mistake' so that casual observers to the news that night would associate Foley with the wrong party. There are a lot of people out there who live under rocks and don't have too much of an idea about this whole mess, and would buy it.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I truely hate that sort of thing. It's so insulting to think that these people are so full of themselves that they think they can play on people's ignorance for political gain...Like that one radio commercial with this black lady telling her friend about how the Dems made the KKK and voted for segregation and all that, playing on the fact that most people don't realize that the Dems used to be the right-wing party before their shift to the left....Whoever thought that mess up needs smacked....

ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 10:04am
whatabout Cheney and the big X over his head. HMMMMM??

RicWhic414 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bitter multiple time Ion-ownage victim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicWhic414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 10:53am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

photoshop
There's a video of it on the internet as well, it's not a chop.

It was on john stewart... this is terrible the rep. party is goin down in a burning mess... everyone is pointing the finger at everyone else.. because i guess everyone knew about it but no one said anything.. and no one wants to go down in this mess but the whole rep. party is going down in it.... I smell hillary clinton for pres. even tho im a rep. i would vote for her
Tuesday starts the weekend... YAYAYA!!!!
CHUFF CHUFF
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 4:26pm
They should have put P for the pedo party.

Edited by oreomann33 - 05 October 2006 at 4:27pm
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 4:49pm

Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

play on people's ignorance for political gain...Like that one radio commercial with this black lady telling her friend about how the Dems made the KKK and voted for segregation and all that, playing on the fact that most people don't realize that the Dems used to be the right-wing party before their shift to the left....Whoever thought that mess up needs smacked....
Who doesn't play on people's ignornace for political gain? If you listen to people pushing it, the 1994 assault weapons ban banned machineguns( the most recent machinegun ban was under Regan) and the Bush tax cuts(flat rate) went only too the rich. I've seen local news do the same thing to my congressman, it could be an honest mistake, a freudian slip by someone in the control booth, or a deliberate act. either way, the blame rests on people too dumb to pay closer attention to the news.

CNN has been known to ask poll questions then never mention the results if it doesn't fit the story they want to do. I think one blatantly conservative-slanted network makes up for the multitude of modestly liberal slanted networks out there, especially when you factor in the amount of people who get their news from comedy central.

If FOX is so institutionally republican, why does the fox network air shows that would royally piss off the bible-thumping right wingers you all claim they represent? Just so those people have a reason to call into the news network and complain about how entertainment is all smut these days? I mean, look at the stuff they run on sunday night.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 5:15pm
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by blackdog144 blackdog144 wrote:

there better then communest news network...
I think you are a good example of the intelligence of the average Fox News viewer.

And you are a good example of the average CNN veiwer.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 6:09pm

If it were some Democrat getting drunk and sending lewd e-mails to an underaged female secratary, the Republicans would be going apecrap and the majority of this forum wouldn't think the whole democratic party was going to go down.

But since it's a ghey republican, it's a huge deal. The democratic party is always bashing on the republicans for being homophobic, but they're definatly hyping up the homosexual aspect of this.

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

But since it's a ghey republican, it's a huge deal. The democratic party is always bashing on the republicans for being homophobic, but they're definatly hyping up the homosexual aspect of this.

Ummm....I'm pretty sure the pedo aspect is the big deal here....not the **edited** part.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic