Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HALO 3 DOOM!

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 6:18pm
wouldnt games that are good depend on the person? You may like one game. I may hate it. so someone may like those CompUSA $9.99 games. So I say your point isnt really valid its just an opinion.
Back to Top
Mr. 47 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested - Multiple Dodges

Joined: 24 September 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 271
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. 47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 6:21pm
No, what I'm talking about game wise is the games that are made by developers that actually stand out.. compare the console list to the PC list...you'll see some drastic differences.
T
Back to Top
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Joined: 31 October 2002
Location: Ethiopia
Status: Offline
Points: 10715
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 6:27pm
Whoa, Hold up...


Eragon the game.



*Currently dropping arguement*
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Back to Top
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 07 February 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 1653
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 7:22pm
People have been saying that PC Gaming is dying for years...
It's not going anywhere.

And as for games, sure a bunch of new console games are coming out because new consoles are coming out!  With PCs you don't get a big surge of games with every new graphics card because the older graphics cards will run them.

Plus in my opinion PCs are easier to use for a lot of things just because of the keyboard and mouse. It's so much more precise than a little thumbstick. That's why I'm so much better at BF2 than at Halo 2.  And I've never tried an RTS on console, but I'd guess it's difficult. I think the 360 can accept a keyboard and mouse right? But who wants to use a keyboard on their lap and a mouse on the couch....
Back to Top
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Guested - Dodging

Joined: 26 January 2006
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 2415
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

Whoa, Hold up...


Eragon the game.



*Currently dropping arguement*


ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh-me=major eragon fanboy

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Back to Top
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 8:00pm

I hated the levels on Halo 2 where you where the Arbitor.

Also it would be awesome if you could talk to your troops like in Soccom. Cause the marines are really dumb in Halo.

Back to Top
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Joined: 31 October 2002
Location: Ethiopia
Status: Offline
Points: 10715
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

I hated the levels on Halo 2 where you where the Arbitor.

Also it would be awesome if you could talk to your troops like in Soccom. Cause the marines are really dumb in Halo.




I killed all my marines before even thinking about progressing into the lvl.
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Back to Top
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 07 February 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 1653
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 8:08pm
I agree with both of those Da Hui.
Playing as the Arbitor introduced you to more of the plot, but I thought it really interruped the story of MasterChief, and I just didn't care what happened to the Arbitor... I just wanted to get back into Chief's helmet. Maybe once 3 comes out we'll appreciate it more.

And as for the Marines... they're impossible to keep alive!! Especially once you get past Normal difficulty. Simple commands would be all I'd want. Stuff like "Stay here, shut up" and "Follow me"


Edited by Jack Carver - 26 September 2006 at 8:09pm
Back to Top
Mr. 47 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested - Multiple Dodges

Joined: 24 September 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 271
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. 47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Jack Carver Jack Carver wrote:

People have been saying that PC Gaming is dying for years...
It's not going anywhere.

And as for games, sure a bunch of new console games are coming out because new consoles are coming out!  With PCs you don't get a big surge of games with every new graphics card because the older graphics cards will run them.

Plus in my opinion PCs are easier to use for a lot of things just because of the keyboard and mouse. It's so much more precise than a little thumbstick. That's why I'm so much better at BF2 than at Halo 2.  And I've never tried an RTS on console, but I'd guess it's difficult. I think the 360 can accept a keyboard and mouse right? But who wants to use a keyboard on their lap and a mouse on the couch....

Yes, but who wouldn't want to use a 64 inch HD Hitachi Televisiont to play Portal, TF2, Half-Life, Gears Of War, or Halo 3? (Talking 360 here) RTS on a console.. never tried it either however that LOTR game on 360 got great reviews, and people have always been saying pc GAMING has been dying, true, however there is proof that most major gamedevelopers, have turned to console, It's a bigger market people, and less annoyance as well when releaseing a product. On PC you have to worry about every little spec a user might have, and how it could conflict with the game, then there come the patches, and more patches, etc. If you catch what I'm gettin at, it's very understandable why consoles are dominating...And lets look back at NES... not many people played pc games then right? And jumping to PC games well it was hard to get used to the controls...think about it in this forum, possibly the in ten years or so, we are better with thumbsticks in games than we are with a mouse...it's all about comfrot and feel and ability to easily use the controller.. it can happen, the main reason people stay on PC is because of the Keyboard\Mouse for FPS gaming.. it's great right? What if something like that hit the console world?
T
Back to Top
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 02 June 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3435
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 8:38pm

Personally, I like gaming on computers much better. The mouse is much more precise and the keyboard allows for an endless amount on controls.

XBL was fun but it still does costs money and there are a lot of annoying kids, from my experience.

Also my computer is about 3 years old and it still runs BF2, HL2, and CS:S with fps around 50-70. I just think computers are much more customizable and you can do more with them.

Back to Top
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 8:40pm
What is RTS?
Back to Top
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Joined: 31 October 2002
Location: Ethiopia
Status: Offline
Points: 10715
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

What is RTS?



Real Time Strat.

It's a real mans game.



Originally posted by Mr. 47 Mr. 47 wrote:

the main reason people stay on PC is because of the Keyboard\Mouse for FPS gaming.. it's great right? What if something like that hit the console world?




DreamCast had a Keyboard and Mouse.



It was the trock.


Edited by *Stealth* - 26 September 2006 at 8:44pm
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Back to Top
TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Guested - Dodging

Joined: 26 January 2006
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 2415
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 8:44pm
real time strategy, i hate in halo 1 that the marines cant drive the hogs.......its so annoying, i want to shoot.......

the arbitor levels were fun, mmmm sword and invisibility=awesome



also, the 17 year old chick atalking Dr. House right now is fine.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.
Back to Top
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 8:51pm

This House comment is rather true.

It would be really cool if you could have a view from inside the warthog. Or if it was manual.

Back to Top
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 20 July 2002
Location: Switzerland
Status: Offline
Points: 4076
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 8:52pm
This is why I will not be upgrading my computer again.








Resident Evil 5 FTW. I'll stick with a laptop for mobility and a console for games.
Back to Top
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4658
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 9:00pm
Eragon was a great book. Eldest was better. As for them making a game. looks cheesy. The movie. probably will suck as they are leaving a key battle out in my opinion.
Back to Top
Mr. 47 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested - Multiple Dodges

Joined: 24 September 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 271
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. 47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 9:19pm
Resident Evil 5 does look stunning, I wish they would release some "INGAME" shots though.. even though Capcom has never failed at RE atsept for that crappy shooting one.. what was it? Outbreak or something... arcade point n shoot game...anyway, it looks good and I am happy zee zoMbiEz! are back, PS3 and 360 get that beauty! and Stealth.. Dreamcast was the (ShiZniT) I LOVED that console, and yes.. computers are more customizable but to get graphics showcased in games such as Halo 3, Gears Of War, or heck, even RE5, you're gonna have to do some major spending.. think of how the 360 is made... Three cores understand? Graphics (1) Physics (1) ... I have no idea what they are useing the third for but you catch my drift right? 
T
Back to Top
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 9:23pm
Damn RE5 looks hot.
Back to Top
Mr. 47 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested - Multiple Dodges

Joined: 24 September 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 271
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. 47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 10:34pm
I'm suprised you guys are just now seeing those screenshots.. they have been out for atleast a year if not more..
T
Back to Top
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Joined: 28 February 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8087
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

dreamcast was good, but it just wasnt as creative or as revolutoinary as the 64
nothing more advanced than having 3 handles with it.  it's so advanced, you either have to evolve or get an operation to use it!
X
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.203 seconds.