FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rambino’s New Gat ***updated on page 4***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by macgyver macgyver wrote:

Is there an American flag on the box like 98s and A-5s? If not then trash it.

The Triumph is made in china.
dirtbike14455 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbike14455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 8:12am
ENOS !!! but ya it is made over seas , but hey how else do you expect the price to be low 
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 12:25am
Hey it seems like it shot well. And Enos did you ever get that Carbine Overdrive off the ground.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 5:56pm

So I finally took the thing apart.  Here are internal pictures:

What I started with:

Front cover off.  Two screws.  No access to anything exciting other than more screws.

Battery cover off.  This is a nice feature.  Single allen screw to change the battery, without any disassembly.

Foregrip off.  Two screws and an allen bolt.

Rear grip off.  It is held in place by two allen bolts, cocker/mag style.  There are standard bottomline holes on the bottom of the grip.

Expansion chamber exposed (XT and eXT only).  The ASA does not come off.  Looks like you could tap in any of your direct 98 accessories/lines into the powertube here to create a more custom look and use your own ASA.

Closer-up of same.

And the guts.  They look pretty much like 98 parts.  I don't have a 98 to make side-by-side comparisons, but it looks almost the same to me.

Partially reassembled.  It is fully functional in this form. 

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 5:59pm
Hm. Seems excessively complex. Cool pics though.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 6:01pm

It definitely requires a bit of effort to get in for a proper cleanup.  Clearly not intended for disassembly by users, but I think we expected that.

People that buy $100 guns tend not to disassemble them a lot.

Snick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 6:26pm
Hurray for cardboard!!!!!!
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 6:46pm
seems like you can mill off quit a bit of excess plastic and have it working perfectly
what?
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 6:58pm
That's my thinking as well.  I see Talon-esque potential here.  It is inexpensive, reliable, and easy to chop into pieces.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 7:06pm
I see an easy way to slap in PB Gun Internals into an Airsoft Body. Just mill out to bare minimun and find yourself a snazzy springer. A custom MILSIM mod for under $200.
FA22RaptorF22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 7:35pm
tippmann really screwed up with that gun....a 98c inside ion shells...what a shame...
Please sign up at http://www.tippmannowners.com/ and leave the referrer as me (FA22RaptorF22)and you will be my hero.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 8:04pm
Rambsy, buddy, would you, if you had to, stand on this gun. And have confidence it would not break?

The way I see it, I would run it over with my dodge and it looks like it would do fine. I wish Tippmann would have made it a lower price though.

Maybe they are getting rid of excess 98 parts to bring out another new gun?
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 8:07pm

Originally posted by FA22RaptorF22 FA22RaptorF22 wrote:

tippmann really screwed up with that gun....a 98c inside ion shells...what a shame...

Wow, have you ever actually seen an Ion or taken one apart. Ions are very durably. Besides the plastic on an Ion is only for looks. Everything inside is metal in exception for wires and hoses. Maybe you should do your research before you downgrade an amazing gun.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 8:31pm
i mean that the xt looks like an ion but has 98 internals...
Please sign up at http://www.tippmannowners.com/ and leave the referrer as me (FA22RaptorF22)and you will be my hero.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 8:35pm
The XT looks nothing like an Ion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 9:05pm
well its the first thing i thought of...
thornygravy View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language 5/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thornygravy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 9:43pm
Looks cool i guess.
-Tippy 98c
-Polished Interns.
-RD Double Trig.
-5'' Drop
-j+j ceram 14''
-12v revy x-board
-SmartParts Grips
-Pen Spring Mod
-Milled Rear Sight
-Filled Front Grip
-Blue Paint job
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 11:04pm
looks like the ribs back by the hammer are there to catch grime and sludge, looks like it can go a good long while without cleaning.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 11:19pm

Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Rambsy, buddy, would you, if you had to, stand on this gun. And have confidence it would not break?

Absolutely.  I do that tomorrow for the heck of it.  It is not as solid as a 98, of course, but it is very solid.  Like I said in an earlier post, I will worry about breaking my hopper, tank, and barrel before I worry about breaking the gun.

the only delicate part of the gun is the electronic, but the rear grip housing is very solid protection there as well.

And I am confident that the eXT will be $100 before long.  My personal prediction based on no knowledge at all.  With mid-range electros at 250-400, the low-end market will have to get pushed down.

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2006 at 11:21pm

I realized a skipped a picture.  Here is the inside of the grip frame, showing electronics.

The trigger structure is like the A-5 E-Grip, except that it is not a removable module like the A-5 trigger housing.  In that sense it is, again, just like the 98 trigger mechanism.  I haven't seen a 98 e-grip, but I would presume that it looks just like this.

Presumably most/all of your ebolt/e-grip trigger jobs would work on this gun.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic