FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You know you’re a genius..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 4:48pm
/\ Wikiality

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 4:49pm
I love you guys.
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

When you spell "colors" wrong in your patriotic sig.

Ooops! I hadn't noticed. I must have accedentally pressed the L button twice, I am not a good typer, and yes at times I don't pay enough attention to my spelling.
Join the XP Re-Revolution!
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

Sigh.. It's called representative democracy. Democracy = run by the will of the people. Representative democracy = A group of people to represent the will of the people.

No I'm pretty sure its considered a republic.
The US = Representative democracy.

*Sigh*, incorrect. Please study your own government.

The United States is a constitutional republic, with the representatives to the legislatures determined through a democratic process. Over the past several hundred years the United States has become an increasingly federalized power, but it is still a republic- the individual states are simply losing more and more of their power.
I'm still going to go with what i've been learning in US Government for the past month.

Then your teacher needs to be fired for incompetence. Democracy is the process by which representatives are elected. It is NOT the form of government.

CIA World Factbook:

Government type: 
Constitution-based federal republic; strong democratic tradition

Wikipedia:

The United States is the longest-surviving extant constitutional republic, with the oldest wholly written constitution in the world. Its government operates as a representative democracy through a congressional system under a set of powers specified by its Constitution.
It says right in what you posted that it operates as a representative democracy. How am I wrong in saying that the US is not representative democracy when Kristopher said the US isn't?
I need a new Sig...
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 5:04pm
Because the United States is a constitutional republic. The Government operates as a representative democracy- ie, that is the means by which the legislature is appointed. The nation of the United States of America, however, is a constitutional republic- that's the system, whereas democracy is a process within that system.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic